+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/17 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/17 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3752713;
    And this begs the question, who the hell is voting for her? Apart from one or two people on this board, I don't know of a single individual who is partial to her or votes for her or is at all interested in watching her dance.

And I am soooooo tired of that animated-Disney-Princess coy, lowered head, eye-lash batting look she gives the judges.
    Have to agree with you, especially the eye-lash batting, can't stand it every week! I will be doing all I can to figure out more ways to throw Donny and Kym as many votes as I can!

And this begs the question, who the hell is voting for her? Apart from one or two people on this board, I don't know of a single individual who is partial to her or votes for her or is at all interested in watching her dance.

And I am soooooo tired of that animated-Disney-Princess coy, lowered head, eye-lash batting look she gives the judges.
    I have a feeling that we are just lucky because we have some good people on this board that do a lot of research...the average viewer at home (like my husband for instance..and me before I read the board) has no idea that Mya has such a professional background and, therefore, simply just think shes the best dancer overall and, of course, vote for her.
    Donny is the only one with a shot at beating her because he is so popular. But, many people will vote for Mya because she is clearly, undeniably the best dancer left. I still think Donny can win but the only way Kelly could win is if the Donny supporters gave her all their votes. This scenario may even apply for Donny--he might need Kelly's votes to actually win the whole thing. Then again, I'm starting to think that the producers may have more of a say in who wins, etc... so as long as donny's votes are relatively close to mya's on the fan sites (dial idol, etc...) I believe they may give him the that ball mirror thing they call a trophy anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by twinkletoes;3752453;
    Not a fan of Alicia's outfit.
    Her out fit made her look overweight. Her arms, thighs, butt, neck.

Leona Lewis's dress was UGLY!
    Last edited by graycat11; 11-18-2009 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by twinkletoes;3752501;
    Donny and Kym in the finals.
    Donny was so relieved, whew

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3752530;
    She's baaaack...and apparently Melissa is special enough to dance with all the pros, not just Tony.

No real big applause, so apparently her demand couldn't have been that big.

Melissa danced very little, for 1 minute tops, maybe. The way they promoted her appearance, I expected much, much more.

Good for Kelly that she made it to the finals BUT seriously, Joanna was a better dancer than Kelly and Donny. If only Mya could've gotten the boot!! I like Joanna better than Mya.

My friend thinks Donny and Mya are on the same level of dancing, she made me angry saying this more than once. Mya danced with Michael Jackson, everyone knows that MJ only hires the best professionals in the business, any business concerning his music. Yes Donny has danced but not on the same level.

I for one keeps voting for Mya as well as a whole lot of fans because she good and deserves to win just like everyone else on the show.

sdl

I want to word this in a way that is factually accurate without being offensive.
    I saw a detailed breakdown of the people who watch this show and the demographics were different that what I had expected. Most people assume that the audience is almost entirely middle class, middle aged, white women. This is not the case.
    In terms of income level, the distribution is broad, from lower to higher income groups.
    There are more older men watching than you might expect, and more younger women. A large group of women 20-39, and men 40-59.
    But the thing I found most striking was that the viewership among African-Americans was very high, roughly twice the normal distribution in the general population.
    So in those 3 surprisingly large groups, you have our 3 finalists. But Mya's demographic is the one most known for block voting, while the other groups are typically splintered in their voting.
    I believe that race plays a part in the voting, and the numbers strongly support it. It's election politics 101.

I'm very happy for Donny and Kelly, but I'm angry that Joanna is out due to Mya being in. It was no surprise, really. Joanna did not have the fanbase to get her into the finals, and Derek's fans can only do so much.

I am rooting for Donny to win it all, but I'd be just as happy for Kelly.

FORT Newbie

Yay!!! I'm so glad Mya made it to the finals. I've been voting for her all season. I can't wait to see her free style next week!!! I think Kelly is adorable, but Joanna should have made it to the finals instead of her. Oh well GO MYA!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread