+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/17 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/17 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Jimmy's interview with Derek and Joanna is hilarious. And Derek is being very funny. He was pretend-crying very hard--using two handkerchiefs in homage I think to Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3752604;
    Wow the toothy dumped Bachlorette and faux celebrity, Melissa apparently hasn't used up her 15 minutes of fame. Funny I don't recall such furor over that professional tooth flosser and dancer. I guess getting dumped gave her some special dispensation from being called a ringer that Mya isn't allowed.
    How quickly people forget, eh? People called Melissa a ringer CONSTANTLY.

The big difference, however, is that Melissa was brought in with 4 days notice in order to fill a spot for an injured contestant. To have found, or brought in two people with Holly Madison's talent level willing to dance on this show with such short notice would have been impossible.

To bring in someone from the beginning that has been a trained dancer (in many techniques), choreographer, and 17 year teacher and try to pass them off as somewhat equal to the other 15 contestants is ludicrous. To not expect them to be as talented a dancer as Mya is ludicrous. To think that the public would not decry her participation is ludicrous. That doesn't mean that she's not good.... just that people have an inherent sense of fairness.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Melissa looked really sloppy in the lift segment of her dance. Does anyone know who the other professional male dancer other than Tony was. I kept stopping it and pausing, and I still could not tell who that was.

I loved Ozzy's reaction when Kelly made it through. Those are the emotions that you cannot buy. He obviously loves his daughter very much, and it showed. I know they may not be the perfect role models as parents, but they both are very supportive of her.

I almost cried seeing the Bee Gees looking so old and frail. My oldest memory of music was my father loving the Bee Gees before he passed away when I was seven. I have always held them in high esteem and loved their music.

I cannot wait for the finals. I loved Kelly and Donny. They both never give up, and I think that they are getting out of this show the best they can. I think Donny needed this to rekindle his spirit, and I think Kelly needed it to mature.

Mya is definitely an unfair contestant. I hazard a guess that Chuck Liddell had never heard of half the dances he danced before the show, and here is Mya actually changing choreography for some, and than being judged the same way. It is time they change the scoring format and give scores for improvement, skill, and entertainment value to even the playing field better if such varying skills is going to be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3752671;
    How quickly people forget, eh? People called Melissa a ringer CONSTANTLY.

The big difference, however, is that Melissa was brought in with 4 days notice in order to fill a spot for an injured contestant. To have found, or brought in two people with Holly Madison's talent level willing to dance on this show with such short notice would have been impossible.

To bring in someone from the beginning that has been a trained dancer (in many techniques), choreographer, and 17 year teacher and try to pass them off as somewhat equal to the other 15 contestants is ludicrous. To not expect them to be as talented a dancer as Mya is ludicrous. To think that the public would not decry her participation is ludicrous. That doesn't mean that she's not good.... just that people have an inherent sense of fairness.

I will be voting for Donny.... and I will set up new email addresses to vote for Donny...he was never my fav from the beginning but Mya doesn't deserve it and out of Donny and Kelly...he does.... just as long as Mya doesn't win....

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3752604;
    Woohoo Mya you go girl! I enjoyed watching you this season. I see my power voting on every phone and email address worked well. You are the best dancer and you deserve to be in the finals with Donny & Kelly!

Wow the toothy dumped Bachlorette and faux celebrity, Melissa apparently hasn't used up her 15 minutes of fame. Funny I don't recall such furor over that professional tooth flosser and dancer. I guess getting dumped gave her some special dispensation from being called a ringer that Mya isn't allowed.
    I am happy Kelly made it to the finals also. Donny is going to channel his inner Quagmire next week to win. Good luck to them all. Yeah vengeance for TO little Ms Potty mouth is history.
    I find it a little ridiculous to still call Melissa a ringer, now that we really know what a ringer looks like. I think it was especially obvious in the Bee Gees number when she danced alongside Cheryl and Chelsea, that Melissa is nowhere near the level of a pro. Mya is a different story. And I highly doubt Melissa lobbied to come back on the show. I'm sure she was invited by the producers, who are desperate to pull out any gimmick they think will staunch the bleeding ratings.

Having Mya on the show puts any previous "ringer" claims against any previous celebrity to shame.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3752710;
    Having Mya on the show puts any previous "ringer" claims against any previous celebrity to shame.
    And this begs the question, who the hell is voting for her? Apart from one or two people on this board, I don't know of a single individual who is partial to her or votes for her or is at all interested in watching her dance.

And I am soooooo tired of that animated-Disney-Princess coy, lowered head, eye-lash batting look she gives the judges.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3752685;
    Does anyone know who the other professional male dancer other than Tony was. I kept stopping it and pausing, and I still could not tell who that was.

It looked like Artem. He's Carrie Ann's boyfriend, and a past contestant on SYTYCD.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3752566;
    So happy Kelly/Louis made it! And Donny/Kym in the final 3!

And even though two of my huge favorites are going into the finals, Mya/Dmitry will still win. The one couple I want to see win least will pull it off over 2 other couples I have there. Oh well, I'm still excited Kelly and Donny did it.

I hope Louis is back again and again and gets some more respect from the producers after getting all the way to the finals with Kelly. I'd hate to see them give him the ax next season. Or go back to pairing him with duds. I can't wait to see a Louis freestyle. Mya will likely get a perfect 90, because to win she'd have to. Her dances and freestyle will be technically executed. Yet I think Kelly and Donny will be far more fun to watch.

Good job guys on making it this far! Joanna/Derek looked ticked. I wonder why they got to perform their full dance rather than the traditional 2 second final dance when everyone comes on the floor to say good bye.

I loved that backstage clip package about how the pros prepare their pro dances and what it's like working all together, with all the different attitudes, egos, and ideas. After next week, the fun starts in looking for spoilers and finding out what pros will be back.
    You summed up my thoughts pretty well too.

Mya is the one person out the four I didn't want to make the finals, and I think she'll probably win the whole thing based on the judges scores. It will be interesting to see how the judges score things. Usually they keep the scores really close to at least give the illusion the audience picks the winner.

And I'm so glad that Kym and Louis made the finals. Both deserve the kinds of partners that Derek consistently gets. Hope they are both back next year.

I've been a huge fan of Kelly, but I was sad for Joanna that she is missing the finals. She really was a good dancer and definitely most improved of the thee dancers in the final four who didn't come in as pros.

Joanna's Viennese waltz was absolutely beautiful. If I'd been able to vote on Monday, I would have switched my votes from Kelly to her, because I felt she deserved to be in the finals.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread