+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

OK, it has to be said -- Joanna has gotten good. It's not just Derek carrying her around anymore, she's truly dancing with him.

That was a nice waltz.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Horrible mess of a tango, completely wrong song (isn't the tango supposed to be sultry, sizzling?). Tripping, tearing, nothing went right.

But you know what I like about Donny? No matter what, he accepts the truth, makes no excuses and gives it his all each and every time. He's really trying to be a better dancer. I respect that.

That was a beautiful waltz! Beautiful dress! Not perfect but those two do flow together!

FORT Regular

The dress was perfect for this waltz..that was a gorgeous waltz.

FORT Fanatic

Bla bla bla, I still don't like Joanna. Doesn't matter how much they gush over her.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't like Joanna, either, and I really don't want Derek to win again. Then again, I guess I'd rather him than Dmitry, but I'm hoping Kym finally does it.

But I confirmed awhile ago they would be in the finals. And off they go.

But you know what I like about Donny? No matter what, he accepts the truth, makes no excuses and gives it his all each and every time. He's really trying to be a better dancer. I respect that.
    Donny gets mad at himself before he plays the blame game at the judges or his partner and doesn't cry he deserved a higher score. When they give him criticism, it's like he knows it's coming and really tries to work on what they give him to do better. Kym's an absolutely wonderful choreographer and partner, and these 2 go so well together.

Ah. Just as they saved "room" with Donny by marking him up to potentially marginalize Kelly on the bottom, they've now saved "room" on the top to give Mya her inevitable 10s.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3751681;
    Bla bla bla, I still don't like Joanna. Doesn't matter how much they gush over her.
    Nobody says you have to. After all, half this show IS a popularity contest. We don't do ourselves any favors if we deny it (or pretend the home voting has much to do with the actual dancing)...

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I have my likes and dislikes too, but if somebody does a good job, I'm not going to deny it.

In the end, it's about the dancing. Otherwise the stars might as well just stand out on the floor and Tom can hold his hand over each of them for applause. Season over in 10 minutes.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

There was a shot just after the first part of Derek and Joanna's waltz where the camera panned past the judge's table, and it really looked like the judges were not even there. I wish I had TIVO or whatever it is to check that. Maybe it was the lighting, but it sure looked empty to me.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm hoping that by giving Mya an undeserved 30 last week (which many agreed didn't deserved that high of a score even if Derek hadn't choreographed that paso) and probably overscoring her this week, and her waltzing into the finals next week, that it's going to come as a "shocker" when she gets voted out in 3rd place or finishes in 2nd.

I can hope.

+ Reply to Thread