+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 228

Thread: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

  1. #171
    FORT Fan kiariclois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    248

    Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;3751882;
    Man I'm so ready for Kelly to go ASAP! I'm sure she's a nice enough person in real life, but I'm just soooooo tired of her DRAMA! Seems like every week there's some crisis that she freaks over and she cries at the drop of a hat! She cries when she's happy, she cries when she's sad, she cries when the judges criticize her, and she cries when Louis criticizes her.

    Talk about double standards. When Aaron cried that one time, people were on him the rest of the way about it and telling him to suck it up. When Kelly cries its 'Aww Kelly don't cry, you'll do better next time. We're all behind you!'. And give her a pass on her constant breakdowns and less than stellar dancing.

    Also another double standard tonight for Kelly. She totally messed up parts of her quickstep and none of the judges really grilled her for it and she gets a 27 for that dance?? I'm not even a Donny fan, but I'd much rather see him dancing in the finals than to see Kelly possibly cry her way to the trophy. Seriously if Kelly wins, she would be the worst and least talented dancer to ever win the mirrorball BY FAR.

    Lastly I have to say Louis is the MAN! Not only does he have to teach Kelly how to dance, he has to constantly be therapist to her as well. I'm pretty confident that if it was another pro that danced with her, she would have been gone already, but somehow Louis has managed to keep the trainwreak from actually crashing. Bravo to him.

    So as much as I hope she'll be going, I doubt she will be. I would pray to God to answer my wish again, but I think I used up all my favors with Him/Her in getting Jules to dump Chuck.
    WOW. Hate her much?

    Anyways... About your comparison of Kelly and Aaron... Well -- People complained because Aaron is a GUY, if you noticed. It's not really a nice sight to see guy being all weepy, especially when it's about something to do with a challenge.

    As for Kelly; most people know her as the rockstar's daughter, and judging from the Osbourne's reality TV show, we can definitely see that she never do these kinda girly stuff and being in the show shows the different side of her; Kelly seems to experience a much softer characteristic in her... Girls tend to get over-whelmed by this... Also, I think people like her being honest about everything; she's not one pretentious person that some actors tend to be...

    Kelly has come a long way... When I first found out that she's doing the show, I thought she was the first to be eliminated. Color me surprise... I actually enjoyed all her dances, and aside from that, she has a very interesting personality...

    I want to see Joanna go. lol. I just basically find her boring... Dance-wise, she's kinda good. Personality -- ZERO.

  2. #172
    Go CATS!!!! mandmmom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,780

    Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    I honestly don't like any of them left. I only caught part of the dances last night b/c my CATS were playing. I do hope either Donny or Kelly wins. Not even going to explain why not on the other too :-)

  3. #173
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,230

    Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    My husband asked me last night why they gave Derek the 'cougar' this season. He seriously thought Joanna was in her 40's.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  4. #174
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,053

    Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3751922;
    You summed it up wonderfully. Kelly is the story line, Donny is the fan favorite, and I'd call Mya an underdog except she's a professional dancer already who shouldn't be there. So no. She's just filler. But the producers seem to be in love with her, for whatever reason, which I'm hoping means will lead to the pro dancer losing next week to the 2 amateurs who've had to actually work their butts off and didn't have her advantage. Her alone in the final 2 is enough to bore me. I think the show has tried to prop her up to the fans as something she's not, or rather she's not being received like they're dishing her out.

    I won't be entirely surprised if either Mya or Joanna goes tomorrow. Obviously when it comes to fan base issues, it is very possible Donny and Kelly have them beat there. And assuming the producers don't tinker with the results, one of them could very well go home tomorrow. I'd rather Mya just because she bores me worse than Joanna, doesn't have to work on anything, and has a partner that equally bores me unlike Derek. Besides, considering Derek, Julianne, or Mark has always made the finals since season 4, this would be the first season since those 4 joined without any of them being in it. Mya's bulletproof, and I think Donny is definitely going to have the fan votes to save him. So it may come down to Kelly or Joanna.


    Ok...Mya, [mod edit] As a professional dancer, naturally her technique is fascinating many unsuspecting fans ( and many who simply don't care including possibly our judges ).
    Although she is connecting better to her partner, as someone said, she does not connect to the audience, and that batting of the eyes when she is paid a compliment has gotten increasingly old and annoying.
    Conclusion - Mya is in the finals, and I am not even sure that the judges ( even Len) can be professional enough to take into consideration that the other 2 who are not professional dancers have had to work much harder with less natural advantages to be in the same position.

    Joanna has improved remarkably and is partnered by the extremely popular and fantastically talented Derek. [mod edit] There might be considerable merit to sdl's rational as to why Joanna will leave tonight although in truth the vote might be fairly close between 3rd and 4th place. That is more difficult to ascertain.

    Kelly is indeed the storyline, as sdl suggests, and I concur. The analogy I made after the first evening was to Eliza the Flower Girl in My Fair Lady.
    While Kelly is emotional, she is basically given leeway and a pass from many who consider her background.

    Donny is such a trooper! I was never a Donny fan. In fact, I went on record as saying I didn't think he would have a chance at this wonderful trophy ( cough, cough) due to his age ( and the natural physical limitations that happen because of that) and the lack of popularity that might occur when he went in competition against younger contestants. However, he has flat risen to the occasion and proven me wrong all the way around.
    Props to Donny! If somehow he were to win this, he deserves it...

    Don't know if it can happen, but the surprise dramatic ending which would give them the best overall storyline would be a Kelly win. Also, Louie has done a tremendous amount of group choreographing for them, and it would be a nice payback for him as well.

    I have never complained about "ringers" or experience before this season as I see dance as part of career performance, but if Mya as an out and out first line professional dancer - who could easily dance on broadway - wins, I will be so disappointed that I may forget this show. Why should I watch it if another professional like the hired regulars can come in and win?
    Last edited by Critical; 11-17-2009 at 04:39 PM.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

    - John McMillan

  5. #175
    My first love... TVDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    815

    Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by kiariclois;3751972;
    WOW. Hate her much?

    Anyways... About your comparison of Kelly and Aaron... Well -- People complained because Aaron is a GUY, if you noticed. It's not really a nice sight to see guy being all weepy, especially when it's about something to do with a challenge.

    As for Kelly; most people know her as the rockstar's daughter, and judging from the Osbourne's reality TV show, we can definitely see that she never do these kinda girly stuff and being in the show shows the different side of her; Kelly seems to experience a much softer characteristic in her... Girls tend to get over-whelmed by this... Also, I think people like her being honest about everything; she's not one pretentious person that some actors tend to be...

    Kelly has come a long way... When I first found out that she's doing the show, I thought she was the first to be eliminated. Color me surprise... I actually enjoyed all her dances, and aside from that, she has a very interesting personality...

    I want to see Joanna go. lol. I just basically find her boring... Dance-wise, she's kinda good. Personality -- ZERO.
    So what's wrong with a guy shedding some tears? Aren't we in the age of equality? I mean sometimes when a guy doesn't show emotion, he's then too stiff and emotionally distant or something. But then when he does once, all of a sudden that's a bad thing? On the other hand Kelly can cry at will and she gets a pass because she's a woman and well liked? Hooray for equality!

    As I said, Kelly looks to be a nice person and its great that's she's grown some during the show, but its pretty clear that of the dancers remaining she and Donny are at the bottom and of the two, Donny seems to be abit better. And also Kelly's dramas almost every week and her near non-stop tears is kinda annoying. Louis is a miracle worker to be able to keep her from falling apart long ago. Aaron cries just once and regains his cool and he can't shake off his label. Can you imagine if he cried as much as Kelly? He'd have been screwed long ago.

    Kelly's danced well, but of the celebs remaining, she shouldn't be winning it if its on dancing ability. I'm ok with Joanna or God forbid even Donny winning it (never thought I'd say that!) and Mya, well that would suck, but still I'd rather see her win than Kelly. Again NOT because I dislike her, but because if she won, it wouldn't have been because she outdanced everyone else, but mostly because of her fans or Osbourne fans in general.
    Will you ever come back Julianne?? =(

  6. #176
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,230

    Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;3752010;

    Again NOT because I dislike her, but because if she won, it wouldn't have been because she outdanced everyone else, but mostly because of her fans or Osbourne fans in general.
    But this show has never been about the best dancer. If that were the case, Mel B. and Gilles would have won.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  7. #177
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    583

    Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Mel B was definately not the best in her season. Helio wiped the floor with her.

    And Gilles was nice to watch, but Shawn was too. That's why their season was so close.

  8. #178
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3752020;
    Mel B was definately not the best in her season. Helio wiped the floor with her.

    And Gilles was nice to watch, but Shawn was too. That's why their season was so close.
    Both sets of finalists may have been on par with each other as far as ability goes, but both Mel and Gilles had that je ne sais quoi that made them greatly more appealing to watch for quite a lot of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;3752010;
    So what's wrong with a guy shedding some tears? Aren't we in the age of equality? I mean sometimes when a guy doesn't show emotion, he's then too stiff and emotionally distant or something. But then when he does once, all of a sudden that's a bad thing? On the other hand Kelly can cry at will and she gets a pass because she's a woman and well liked? Hooray for equality!
    Personally, I had no problem with Aaron crying. He's an emotional guy, so what? Dude's going through some growing pains right now and a tear or two may be expected.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  9. #179
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,046

    Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Kiariclois--hi.

    In part you say--


    "Anyways... About your comparison of Kelly and Aaron... Well -- People complained because Aaron is a GUY, if you noticed. It's not really a nice sight to see guy being all weepy, especially when it's about something to do with a challenge. "

    I really thought the 21st century would see us past this kind of stereotyping.

    I have to ask--don't guys have emotions?

    In my experience they do. I personally see nothing wrong with Aaron or any guy expressing frustration,sadness, etc.

    I know many male athletes who compete in the same events that I do who express their emotions via tears etc.

    It certainly doesn't make them any less "male" nor any less of an athlete.

    Personally I am saddened by this attitude that guys aren't supposed to be able to express emotions.

  10. #180
    FORT Fogey graycat11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3,599

    Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3751663;
    7-7-7 for Donny, which is incredibly, maddeningly generous.

    He's a nice guy and all, but c'mon, they tripped, fell and made steps up! What the heck is this?
    True but didn't they trip because of Kym's dress, a piece of it came apart.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.