+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

sdl

Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

My last note was emotional. This one will try to be entirely logical.
    The producers have a tough elimination on their hands, or so it appears....unless you do the math.
    From an "entertainment" standpoint, while they are clearly the best dancers, can anyone fathom Mya vs. Joanna together in the finale? No way. Two rather cold personalities with very little name recognition and thin professional resumes. They are both divas - can't have both. It will never happen.
    They have to find a way to keep Donny so there's at least one male in the final three, and at least one known star. I strongly suspect the fan vote, real or "audited," will be enough to pull up his bad scores.
    Kelly had her best night, and is a fan favorite. She's a great story line. They will generally let someone like that make it into the final 3. Truthfully, she was slightly overscored tonight to get her past the elimination. They need her enthusiasm.
    Kelly + Donny = RATINGS.
    With the judges' slobbering tonight, Mya is bulletproof in this week's elimination. Nothing we can do about that.
    CONCLUSION: Joanna will almost certainly be eliminated tomorrow night. I think she deserves better, but she's had a nice run. They even foreshadowed it with her comments tonight about how she never thought she would make it this far.
    This is the formula for the show. Donny and Kelly add suspense, but I'll be shocked if it's anyone but Joanna eliminated tomorrow night..
    Last edited by sdl; 11-17-2009 at 01:37 AM.

Man I'm so ready for Kelly to go ASAP! I'm sure she's a nice enough person in real life, but I'm just soooooo tired of her DRAMA! Seems like every week there's some crisis that she freaks over and she cries at the drop of a hat! She cries when she's happy, she cries when she's sad, she cries when the judges criticize her, and she cries when Louis criticizes her.

Talk about double standards. When Aaron cried that one time, people were on him the rest of the way about it and telling him to suck it up. When Kelly cries its 'Aww Kelly don't cry, you'll do better next time. We're all behind you!'. And give her a pass on her constant breakdowns and less than stellar dancing.

Also another double standard tonight for Kelly. She totally messed up parts of her quickstep and none of the judges really grilled her for it and she gets a 27 for that dance?? I'm not even a Donny fan, but I'd much rather see him dancing in the finals than to see Kelly possibly cry her way to the trophy. Seriously if Kelly wins, she would be the worst and least talented dancer to ever win the mirrorball BY FAR.

Lastly I have to say Louis is the MAN! Not only does he have to teach Kelly how to dance, he has to constantly be therapist to her as well. I'm pretty confident that if it was another pro that danced with her, she would have been gone already, but somehow Louis has managed to keep the trainwreak from actually crashing. Bravo to him.

So as much as I hope she'll be going, I doubt she will be. I would pray to God to answer my wish again, but I think I used up all my favors with Him/Her in getting Jules to dump Chuck.
    Will you ever come back Julianne?? =(

Ok. Mya had three lifts (IMO). Dmitri was holding her at the start of one dance. Lift one. During that same dance, he swung her around and her feet came off the ground. Lift two. During the final dance, he helped her off the stage. Lift three. If Carrie is going to call everyone out, she needs to be consistant. She hasn't called Mya on a single lift all season. I call BS.

I loved how well Kelly did tonight! They actually chose flattering outfits for her, too. She looked really good. Especially in the pink dress. So pretty. I really hope she makes the finale. *fingers crossed*

Never been a Donnie fan, but his work ethic is amazing. He's grown on me quite a bit this season and I wouldn't mind seeing him in the finals, either. He's nowhere near as annoying as his sister. Thank God.

Joanna did pretty good tonight. She'll never be a favorite for me, but her dancing has improved and she seems to enjoy being there.

Mya. ugh. I can't fault her first two dances, but that last one was horrific. How she got 10's for that is beyond me. I just really want her to go. The over pimping is on my last nerve.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3751875;
    Actually, I think Joanna's saving grace is that while she DID come off really fake at the beginning of the season, as time has passed what we're seeing has become a lot more genuine. You can sense a real person under the annoying plastic doll exterior now.
    It's better than Mya's fairly mobile face, which despite being capable of any expression typically looks pretty damn blank.
    I agree on Joanna - I have grown to like several things about her. She works hard, seems honest, and is a very good dancer.
    But what I like most about her is her sister!! That girl is a natural beauty, and seems very nice.
    Wow...I kept backing up to catch the sister - the type who looks great in normal clothes, without tons of makeup or boob jobs.
    Mya's family looked like folks you might see on "Dog, The Bounty Hunter." Amazing how everyone knew she was a dancer when she was 2, but the old man wasn't aware until recently that she could sing.
    Yet, the show only recognizes her as a "singer and actress." I think this is her biggest acting job so far.
    Last edited by sdl; 11-17-2009 at 01:41 AM.

FORT Fogey

Mya's dances so lack emotional content I am starting to get the idea that she is not attracted to other human beings regardless of their gender.

Seriously non-sexual.

If anyone wanted to see the epitome of a "cold fish" she would be it.

The energy read I get from her is that of a very low level which seems to have no connection to anyone but herself.

I don't care much for Joanna but I would much rather see Mya go and then there would be three people dancing who express actual human emotions through dance.

Dare I say this? I'd rather see Mya stay than Joanna. And this from someone who loves Derek... I agree that she's improved, but I still find her moves to be awkward and she always seems to be counting the beats rather than just flowing with the music.
    My 2 faves, of course, are Donny and Kelly.
    The few times I ever do vote it's for the people who make me feel good, engage me and make me want to get up and dance. Donny and Kelly do that the most.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Would someone kindly tell me about any dancing Tony did tonight, and approximately at what timeframes through the 2 hours? I didn't watch and thread is rather long, and will try youtube if he appeared. TIA...
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Velvet,

I didn't see every minute, but I'm positive Tony did not dance. My understanding is that he'll be on the results show tomorrow with Melissa from last season. That's what Tom said.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3751893;
    Mya's dances so lack emotional content I am starting to get the idea that she is not attracted to other human beings regardless of their gender.

Seriously non-sexual.

If anyone wanted to see the epitome of a "cold fish" she would be it.

The energy read I get from her is that of a very low level which seems to have no connection to anyone but herself.

I don't care much for Joanna but I would much rather see Mya go and then there would be three people dancing who express actual human emotions through dance.
    Funny you should say that.......
    I was watching the show tonight with a mix of male and female friends, and the most common remark was how completely lacking in sexuality Mya is - of course, warmth is key to sexuality, and it was also pointed out that she had zero personal warmth toward anyone. It's like she's dancing alone.
    This is where the judges are blowing it. They even took Brooke Burke to task for not having a real connection with her partner or the audience, and Brooke was a firebrand compared with Mya.
    You nailed it. Mya's world is Mya. She makes me miss Aaron, sort of.

Wow I just may have to vote just for the heck of it to give Mya more votes. Poor thing gets grief for coming on dancing with the stars because "gasp"becaus she has danced before. A show that makes no rule that states you must be some virgin dancer with two left feet.

Then when the show does the annual celebrity background story she gets accused of coming forth with her background to come clean as if she has committedsome sacred tacky glitterball crime. Anyone who has ever seen Mya knew she was an accomplished dancer. A could of google searches is all it took so how is she hiding anything?

I enjoyed watching her and frankly every star this season including Joanna who I loathe. I guess I am going to use up all ten email address and both cellphones for my girl Mya! You go Girl!

I miss Michael Irvin. Could Donny look anymore like Quagmire from Family guy tonight?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread