+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 154

Thread: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

  1. #81
    FORT Fogey justCoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,955

    Re: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;3747732;
    I'm still disappointed it wasn't a surprise leaving--- Mya. I had hope.... Otherwise I didn't want to lose any of the rest of them! I've enjoyed watching them dance and seeing them improve. I thought Kelly's joy at not having to leave was probably an over reaction to the stress of standing there during commercial wondering if she was going to go or stay. All that practice, all that worry, being in the spotlight and having people pulling for you and counting on you must be murder. I don't think it was intentional. I thought Aaron held up beautifully, had the class to shake Kelly and Louis's hands and depart gracefully. I think Len was trying to encourage him as a father figure would because like him or not the boy hasn't had the best upbringing. His parents were awful and he's still young. Joanna and Derek did great in the encore dance,too! I'm going to miss this show when it's over...
    I think Kelly was overwhelmed with joy too. At the end when Aaron and Karina were doing their last dance she went over and gave him a big hug. She's repeatedly said that she's learning to be a lady (last night right after using a curse word!) It's just another thing she needs to work on. I'm glad she stayed over Aaron. I much prefer to see her less perfect but more joy-filled routines over Aaron and Karina anyday. I will say that I do think that Aaron's grown up a bit too this year.

  2. #82
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;3747732;
    I'm still disappointed it wasn't a surprise leaving--- Mya. I had hope.... Otherwise I didn't want to lose any of the rest of them! I've enjoyed watching them dance and seeing them improve. I thought Kelly's joy at not having to leave was probably an over reaction to the stress of standing there during commercial wondering if she was going to go or stay. All that practice, all that worry, being in the spotlight and having people pulling for you and counting on you must be murder. I don't think it was intentional. I thought Aaron held up beautifully, had the class to shake Kelly and Louis's hands and depart gracefully. I think Len was trying to encourage him as a father figure would because like him or not the boy hasn't had the best upbringing. His parents were awful and he's still young. Joanna and Derek did great in the encore dance,too! I'm going to miss this show when it's over...
    Aaron, or at the very least Karina, probably would have acted the same way. A/K looked 99% sure they were going, so it likely would have been a shock if it was announced Kelly/Louis were leaving instead. This is Kelly's first trip to the bottom 2 against a guy whose survived it 3 times, and she knows dance wise she isn't the strongest dancer. I do hope Aaron can get his life together, if that's what he needs, but for me, also growing up in a dysfunctional household, I also feel like there comes a point where you need to grow up, own up, and move on and not dwell. Aaron's still young enough but hopefully this just gets him on the right track.

    I wonder if the show realizes that the final 3 is pretty much figured out. And I really hope they aren't doing a 2 hour show next week, but what other excuse do they have than to have them dance 12 dances total? They've done everything possible to put this season in the ground. I'll miss the show, but not this season, and am not as anxious to see next season come. Besides, the two Golden Boys will get the good ringers, Dmitry will probably get another good partner where you don't know who's the student and the teacher, Jonathan, Maks, Tony, Edyta, Alec, and Anna T. will get duds, Lacey will have her attitude, and Cheryl will just show what a terrific choreographer and teacher she is and take some unknown hottie to the top. And if a girl wins this season they'll likely be aiming for a guy to win next season.

    I do think Donny's chances of winning this point are probably slim I think they're going to drive home a final 2 of Joanna/Derek and Mya/Dmitry. In that set up, I almost think they'd go for Joanna winning over the more obvious Mya. It'd give them another excuse to give Dmitry a ringer for a partner next season.

    ETA: I was just reading on another forum, apparently Sabrina thinks she must own the rights to 'You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)'. She tweeted that she and Mark weren't happy that Donny/Kym paso dobled to "their" song. I always thought Sabrina was just a cute little girl and fantastic dancer who just had some bad luck on the show by getting voted off too soon. Now I think she's got an ego and attitude as big as Mark's and the only reason she's in the audience every week and they cater to her is because she doesn't want people to forget she was a "shocking" elimination whose now been avenged by her fans and who has nothing else to do with her time than be associated with DWTS. She got kicked off, the DAD was probably rigged for her, so hopefully she can now move on with her life.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-11-2009 at 02:21 AM.

  3. #83
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,046

    Re: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;3747702;
    I too thought that was classless. At least Aaron went out as a gentleman and had class as he was leaving. That was sweet of him to go over and give Kelly a hug. I also thought it was sweet what Len said to Aaron as he was leaving.

    I didn't get to see the show tonight.

    What did Len say to Aaron? Several posters have referred to it.

    Thanks for info.

  4. #84
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,155

    Re: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

    I think Donny would have a fairly good chance in a final three with Mya and Joanna. If his dancing were any good at all in the finale, I think he could win. I don't think either Mya or Joanna has a super big fan base, and I'm guessing that as others drop off, Donny is picking up the folks who were voting for them.

    I know I'm not going to be voting for Mya. I don't see as much improvement in her as I do in the other dancers. I usually vote based on who dances the best, but she was so far ahead of anyone else from the get go that I don't feel like voting for her.

    My favorite line from Dance Center.... Jerry Rice saying about Aaron, "He's so fragile. Like a snowflake on a leaf." I'd been sort of bored with DC until I heard that, and then I couldn't stop laughing.

    Back to Mya. Does she have a new show coming up on ABC? Last night when the introduced her, they said "Mya _____ from [and then named a show]." I wasn't aware that she was in one, and it made me wonder.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  5. #85
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3747861;
    I think Donny would have a fairly good chance in a final three with Mya and Joanna. If his dancing were any good at all in the finale, I think he could win. I don't think either Mya or Joanna has a super big fan base, and I'm guessing that as others drop off, Donny is picking up the folks who were voting for them.

    I know I'm not going to be voting for Mya. I don't see as much improvement in her as I do in the other dancers. I usually vote based on who dances the best, but she was so far ahead of anyone else from the get go that I don't feel like voting for her.

    My favorite line from Dance Center.... Jerry Rice saying about Aaron, "He's so fragile. Like a snowflake on a leaf." I'd been sort of bored with DC until I heard that, and then I couldn't stop laughing.

    Back to Mya. Does she have a new show coming up on ABC? Last night when the introduced her, they said "Mya _____ from [and then named a show]." I wasn't aware that she was in one, and it made me wonder.
    DC was the best tonight its been in a few seasons. Len seems to really get into it, which is a nice side to see of him. My DC highlights were:

    These were in the little note section next to the contestants as they started critiquing them, but for Donny, it said "hasn't fainted on TV", "a better dancer than Marie", "age: timeless", Dmitry was "best dance: crumping", "worst dance: electric slide", Aaron "cry baby". I loved the clip about Donny backstage in his paso costume, being interviewed by Stacy, and then Bruno sitting next to him I loved them comparing Joanna's laugh to a seal and Kenny showing the infamous mambo move. Then showing Aaron having a low threshold of pain and Mya beating up on Dmitry with the funky superhero graphics popping up

    Even though DC was poking fun at people thinking Mya is too much of a pro for this show, they pretty much sealed the deal for me. Not only do I not think her dancing is as good in earlier weeks, she bores me. And something about her and Dmitry bug me. I got thinking, too, that I hope this isn't opening a door in the near future for her to potentially be a judge or guest judge down the road (after all, I'm sure the show would have no problem saying she's a professional choreographer/dancer then). SCD has 4 judges, axed one of their long time judges who was a professional in the ballroom world for a younger former champ in hopes of increasing their younger viewer demo. I think it backfired on them. With AI having 4 judges kind of ruined that part of the show for me, and I don't think I could handle it on this show. CA and Bruno have to get heard, and the last thing I want is someone who would endorse the gimmicks and side with them over Len.

    I watched Aaron/Karina on Jimmy Kimmell tonight. Nothing interesting or revealing, though Jimmy kept addressing the dating rumors (they say there's nothing going on) and Aaron apparently wrote a song about his dancing experience.

  6. #86
    FoRT Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NE Coast
    Posts
    38

    Re: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

    I can't wait until this is over and the so-called *STARS* leave the stage. It just seems to drag on and on and on. Boring.

  7. #87
    Dreamer VelvetRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In Wonderland
    Posts
    3,138

    Re: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

    I loved Tony's and Chelsie's dance. Michael Buble massacred the song that's been used before (and I love it). Derek and Joanna's paso was interesting but I don't get the high accolades about it. At the end, they looked more like puppets being released from strings (or limp rag dolls a la Marie Osmond) than de-energized robots.

    Regarding Sharon Osborne's despicable comment about Susan Boyle's physical appearance, I have only 1 or 2 comments. The first is "how quickly some forget" (google photos of Sharon before all her plastic surgeries). The second is "maybe Susan didn't have mega-thousands to spend on plastic surgery, and/or maybe she is happy with herself without such and doesn't view physical appearance to be the most important human quality for someone to have". Sharon should be ashamed, but I won't hold my breath for a public apology.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

  8. #88
    FORT Fogey Tobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,236

    Re: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

    Me too St.Croix, even with all the criticism this is what I like to watch on TV. So much crap on the TV, it's either news, repeats, selling stuff, movies you have already seen, one news station saying the other news station is wrong, too much Kelly Rippa and her ilk, too many entertainment tonight shows telling you all the dirt on people you never care about or ever heard of, tired old bags screaming at each other over stuff that shouldn't even be being discussed on TV or some court shows with the dregs of society being paraded around. Oh and look another awards show honoring themselves and the clothes they have on. YUCK! More dancing! More dancing..even a bad day of dancing is a better day than those endless shows with the embalmed commentators, Larry King, Barbara Walters, etc. They wonder why no one watches. I'll be sad to see this season go!

  9. #89
    FORT Fogey fan*addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh Pa
    Posts
    3,896

    Re: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3747745;
    I think Kelly was overwhelmed with joy too. At the end when Aaron and Karina were doing their last dance she went over and gave him a big hug. She's repeatedly said that she's learning to be a lady (last night right after using a curse word!) It's just another thing she needs to work on. I'm glad she stayed over Aaron. I much prefer to see her less perfect but more joy-filled routines over Aaron and Karina anyday. I will say that I do think that Aaron's grown up a bit too this year.
    I am hoping that Aaron did learn a few things about being a grown-up, I think that Len's statement "I would be proud to have you as a son"...was a bit over the top and showed just how much Aaron actually learned...schmooze the adults in charge...I found Aaron difficult to watch most of this season, his faces..mannerisms...and general disposition made me "root for the big boot"

    I think the last 4 couples will be FUN to watch and that is what the show truly is about...entertaining the audience...Donny & Kelly do that....Joanna and Miya are the ones striving for "perfection" doing the dances properly while enjoying themselves...I will enjoy watching these last 4 couples.

  10. #90
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3747861;
    I think Donny would have a fairly good chance in a final three with Mya and Joanna. If his dancing were any good at all in the finale, I think he could win. I don't think either Mya or Joanna has a super big fan base, and I'm guessing that as others drop off, Donny is picking up the folks who were voting for them.
    I know I'm not going to be voting for Mya. I don't see as much improvement in her as I do in the other dancers. I usually vote based on who dances the best, but she was so far ahead of anyone else from the get go that I don't feel like voting for her.

    My favorite line from Dance Center.... Jerry Rice saying about Aaron, "He's so fragile. Like a snowflake on a leaf." I'd been sort of bored with DC until I heard that, and then I couldn't stop laughing.

    Back to Mya. Does she have a new show coming up on ABC? Last night when the introduced her, they said "Mya _____ from [and then named a show]." I wasn't aware that she was in one, and it made me wonder.
    I agree with the bolded statement. I felt from the first show that Donny would win, and last night's DC only convinced me of this further. The teasing about Mya being the pro over Dmitry (really funny!) and picking her as the winner almost assured me that TPTB know that Donny is running away with the fan voting and that even though Mya will probably have the highest judges' scores in the finale and everyone expects her to win, she won't. Thus they will get the shocking (and hopefully fan approved) ending this season.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.