+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

Re: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

I am so happy Kelly is staying. I think she thought she was going.

(and totally O/T here - just read that Julianne Hough and Chuck Wicks have called it quits) I loved Julianne - I just didn't enjoy them as partners on the show. (I am sorry though for anyone's pain in a break-up)
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3747646;
    I'm disappointed at the fact that nobody brought up Kelly's classless screaming and laughing when they announced that Aaron was out. I have never seen another contestant act so insensitively towards their competitor who was just voted out on the history of this show. Disgusting!

I know everyone around here likes her, but come on!!
    I generally have liked Kelly this season, but I too was put off by how she acted. I understand being shocked/excited to be saved, but it didn't come across as sportsmanlike at all. It's one thing when the final winner of the season is announced, but at this stage, it just came across, to me, as tacky.

Personally, I'm sad to see Aaron go tonight. Kelly was over-scored this week and should have been the one to get the boot, IMO.

FORT Fogey

For those who are interested, Tom called them exactly the way they were listed on Dial Idol. From top to bottom it was: Joanna, Mya, Donnie, Kelly, and last Aaron.

On the other hand, Vote number 1 swapped Donnie and Joanna in first and third positions.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fanatic

I'm disappointed at the fact that nobody brought up Kelly's classless screaming and laughing when they announced that Aaron was out. I have never seen another contestant act so insensitively towards their competitor who was just voted out on the history of this show. Disgusting!

That didn't bother me nearly as much as Karina's behavior last week when they won the dance-off over Mark and Lacey. She's the professional and should have acted more subdued, instead of squealing and jumping around like she did. That was a lot more classless to me, than a contestant being excited that they are staying.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by abrahammy;3747634;
    I would imagine that Tom DeLay's two broken feet would qualify as an injury. He had to drop out - he did not get voted out.

Three dances? I am concerned for Donny. The pace was killing him already.
    I know next week Kelly is as good as gone, so there's going to be no suspense for the results show and really anything the judges say or score is going to be pointless as far as I'm concerned. I guess having a Hough/Ballas free finale will never happen. Better Derek than Mark, but I hope next season Mark gets a dud. The spring seasons are kinder to him than the fall seasons in terms of lucking out with partners.

I'll still be voting like crazy for Kelly. But I'll also enjoy her and Louis's last dances, no matter what. I do think 3 dances is too much. But I've thought all season they've pushed the contestants way too hard in trying to have a big number of dances to perform, and it's all about making sure they can pull off a 2 hour show and get the $$$. The quality of dancing suffers, and that's a complaint that's been made before. This wasn't the season to work the celebs to death. Donny looks worn out and I'm now thinking, like CA mentioned in a blog, about there being a "catfight" between the 2 ladies in the final 2. I'll be heartbroken for Kym, and then not even care about the result if it came down to Mya and Joanna. I'd root for Mya only so the streak of the Hough/Ballas victories would finally be broken, but I wouldn't be surprised for the Golden Child to get another trophy so he, his BFF, and little sis can all have 2. It's been since season 4 that I've had a winner that's been my #1 favorite from the start.

I'd much rather see longer routines in the early weeks so the couples can showcase more than the quick little things they have to pull off. Next season needs a lot of revamping, but with it being the 10th anniversary, I'm not sure that'll happen. If anything they may add more gimmicks and crap, though hopefully they got the message loud and clear that 16 couples was too many.

That didn't bother me nearly as much as Karina's behavior last week when they won the dance-off over Mark and Lacey. She's the professional and should have acted more subdued, instead of squealing and jumping around like she did. That was a lot more classless to me, than a contestant being excited that they are staying.
    There's other things I've considered classless, including what you mentioned: Mario/Karina's reaction to losing, Mark B.'s faces when he gets a bad score or critique, the Hough/Ballas clan rushing to whichever one of their pros won and totally ignoring the celeb, Karina squealing while her partner stands there, and even Tony and Maks sometimes looking on in boredom and anger at CA (though I agree with their side). There's probably more if I went back and watched. I also realize sometimes you can't always help your first reaction. Kelly probably thought she was gone.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-10-2009 at 11:52 PM.

Aww, Aaron is a much better dancer than Kelly and maybe Donny and Joanna too. Mya is technically good, but there's something lacking that doesn't really wow me. I agree with the comment by one of the judges last night that Kelly hasn't really grown as a dancer. She's still struggling. Her routines do not have the same difficulty level as the rest. I wish she was the one who went home tonight. I'm just sayin'...

I too thought that was classless. At least Aaron went out as a gentleman and had class as he was leaving. That was sweet of him to go over and give Kelly a hug. I also thought it was sweet what Len said to Aaron as he was leaving.
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy;3747700;
    Aww, Aaron is a much better dancer than Kelly and maybe Donny and Joanna too. Mya is technically good, but there's something lacking that doesn't really wow me. I agree with the comment by one of the judges last night that Kelly hasn't really grown as a dancer. She's still struggling. Her routines do not have the same difficulty level as the rest. I wish she was the one who went home tonight. I'm just sayin'...
    She will probably leave next week. the final 3 will be Donny/JoAnna/Mya. Then it will come down to Joanna and Mya and Mya will most likely win so predictable
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3747654;
    I generally have liked Kelly this season, but I too was put off by how she acted. I understand being shocked/excited to be saved, but it didn't come across as sportsmanlike at all. It's one thing when the final winner of the season is announced, but at this stage, it just came across, to me, as tacky.

Personally, I'm sad to see Aaron go tonight. Kelly was over-scored this week and should have been the one to get the boot, IMO.
    i completely agree with you. I thought Aaron really improved and deserved to stay more than kelly. Her personality has bothered me... she has been
    whiney and way more immature than Aaron.
    Last edited by cyn2much; 11-11-2009 at 12:23 AM. Reason: spelling

I'm still disappointed it wasn't a surprise leaving--- Mya. I had hope.... Otherwise I didn't want to lose any of the rest of them! I've enjoyed watching them dance and seeing them improve. I thought Kelly's joy at not having to leave was probably an over reaction to the stress of standing there during commercial wondering if she was going to go or stay. All that practice, all that worry, being in the spotlight and having people pulling for you and counting on you must be murder. I don't think it was intentional. I thought Aaron held up beautifully, had the class to shake Kelly and Louis's hands and depart gracefully. I think Len was trying to encourage him as a father figure would because like him or not the boy hasn't had the best upbringing. His parents were awful and he's still young. Joanna and Derek did great in the encore dance,too! I'm going to miss this show when it's over...

+ Reply to Thread