+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

Re: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3748704;
    Heh! I was thinking the same thing when I saw their tacky t-shirts. Team D-Mya? Anyone else who combines names gets to share 50/50 - it should have been team Dimya, but no. He just gets a D. I suppose he should consider himself fortunate that he got that much, what with her doing all the difficult stuff and being the "star" and all.

And no, she has not done one thing through the course of this season that would make me want to go out and have a drink with her. Utterly charmless.
    Wow, Rattus. I've been agreeing (in my mind) with you a lot this season. Kind of scary!
    It is so true that Mya's attitude is off-putting. If she doesn't get the scores she feels she deserves, "what does she have to do to please them?" (As thought to say, "I know I was perfect. What's their problem?) When she gets scored well she doesn't show much grace: "Pigs are flying!" Her experience as a choreographer would still bother me, but I could like her a tiny bit better if she had a warmer, more humble and gracious personality.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3748698;
    I just had a scary thought....but I'm trying to remember how this works.
    It seems like 3 couples go to the finals, and the viewers eliminate one. Then the 1 vs. 2 is decided by the judges, right? Or at least the judges pile another score on when the people have no chance to vote. Hence, boring Brooke Burke winning.....
    r.
    IIRC, 3 couples go, they dance a repeat dance from the season and a free style. Based on the judges scores and the viewers, they are narrowed down to the top 2 on night 2. The top 2 then dance another dance which only the judges score on. The combined judges score is still only 50% added to the public's 50% that voted the previous night. That gets you the winner.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3748711;
    Unless they're changing it this season, the final one has been decided by a combination of judges and viewer votes. At least, it has been so in the past. Though, of course, the producers retain the right (according to the brief message during the credits) to alter things for entertainment purposes or however they word it. Some people have said that's how come Gilles lost last season.
    Next week, apparently, the 3rd dance is going to be the couples KO dances. Why they feel the need to add that as a third dance I don't know, let alone any third dance.

I've never really agreed with the judges giving the last and only score for the final dance. It seems like, if they want, and probably do, they can tilt things just enough. I still think they did this for Brooke/Derek (if the producers didn't alter the outcome already).

FORT Fogey

On ET tonight they showed Kelly and Aaron backstage after the results show and Kelly was hugging and consolling Aaron. It was really very sweet.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3748723;
    Next week, apparently, the 3rd dance is going to be the couples KO dances. Why they feel the need to add that as a third dance I don't know, let alone any third dance.

I've never really agreed with the judges giving the last and only score for the final dance. It seems like, if they want, and probably do, they can tilt things just enough. I still think they did this for Brooke/Derek (if the producers didn't alter the outcome already).
    Since the knockout dances are already a finished product, music chosen, routines choreographed and practiced, costumes complete, band rehearsed, camera blocked, imo it makes sense to use those to fill the 2-hour time slot.

That's preferable to me than putting some new burden on the couples. It was hard enough that they had to prepare those dances the same week they had two other dances to worry about. I know it is survival of the fittest, but I don't really enjoy seeing them having to endure that much strain. At least the knockout dances are only 30 seconds long and are dances the couples chose to do.

Please get all of the cable-appropriate stuff off of network TV, especially primetime network TV. /rant
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3748698;
    I just had a scary thought....but I'm trying to remember how this works.
    It seems like 3 couples go to the finals, and the viewers eliminate one. Then the 1 vs. 2 is decided by the judges, right? Or at least the judges pile another score on when the people have no chance to vote. Hence, boring Brooke Burke winning.....
    Ok, so this year say it's Donnie as the fan favorite and Mya as the judges choice - doesn't that guarantee her a win? That's a terrible result.
    They should never show the rehearsal or post interview footage on Mya. I've picked up on something that now drives me out of my mind....she is never gracious, never funny, never interesting and never admits any faults.
    Her last interview consisted of saying, "go Team Mya!" Uh, isn't it customary on this show to recognize your partner as a part of the "Team?"
    The rest of her interviews consist of her complaining that she doesn't know what is wrong with the judges or how to please them.
    When she got an (undeserved) 30, all she could say was, "are pigs flying?"
    How magnanimous.

Who is voting for this be@tch? Please, anyone but her.
    If not the leader of the pack, I have been close to leading the pack in protest against Mya, the professional dancer and choreographer, this season. That is a bit noteworthy since I don't think I have ever taken the notion or energy to be against anybody, and I always thought the hoopla about "ringers" was over done. Since the majority of these people are some kind of performer (or in front of the camera at any rate), the fact that they have had some kind of dance training or used dance just goes along with it to me. However, when professionally dance is the career - as we know it was for Mya before the singing started - I draw the line as unjust to everyone except, I guess, the producers.

With that, I expect Mya to be good - very, very good at dancing - and I can well understand why she questioned how to please the judges ( who by the way weren't fooled either). Technically, her dancing was excellent.

Now, the attitude is a different story.....

Although the dancing has been quite good from the word "go" to me, she doesn't emote with enthusiasm like the others. She is more complacent and smug, and she doesn't seem to connect either in rehearsals or during the dances with Dmitry in the same way that the other contestants do with their pros. Len didn't like the gimmicks, and the others could see that she was not emoting as well as she should.

When she did finally get her perfect "10", the correct response would have been enthusiasm and graciousness.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3748964;
    Please get all of the cable-appropriate stuff off of network TV, especially primetime network TV. /rant
    This is a great comment, although I'm not completely sure I know what you mean. Nasty stuff? Cheesy stuff? Low budget productions? Stars nobody has ever heard of? All the above?
    I have cable, not the fancy kind with millions of movies and sports but 300 channels of garbage - honestly, 300 channels and nothing to watch.
    But I have noticed lately a trend that some of the better shows are not on the 4 major networks - and the networks schedule trash.
    So the line between the networks and cable has gotten incredibly thin.

FORT Fogey

While I thought that Derek's choreography for the paso is brilliant I also think we need to give credit to the lighting designer--really super work!

Sometimes the DWTS lighting is intrusive during the dances--but this matched the chroegraphy pefectly.

I love when really creative people can come together and create something as stunning as what we saw the other night.

FORT Fan

This season disappoints me.

I'm a former dancer, but not ballroom. But as silly as it is, I always enjoy being happy for the performers when they do well, the costumes, crazy spray tan makeup, Tom Bergeron, the camradarie backstage. My sister and I would often chat during the show critiquing. I love Dance Center, my husband who despises this show, will watch Dance Center. I sense no camradarie between the contestants this year once that football player left.

I prefer SYTYCD, so shoot me. Creative choreography and trained dancers.

Here are my gripes this year: Mya. She is this years Kristi Yamaguchi, but less pleasant, gracious and professional. Of course she's a great dancer, she started out that way and the more I see of her, the less I like.

Kelly. I don't like her. I'm over her act. I despise unsportsmanlike conduct. Yes, others don't act well either, but to jump up and down when Aaron was eliminated was really low brow. She hardly moves when she dances and always looks down. Then she'll look up and smile. In every dance. She looks like she has on cement shoes.

Joanna. Her feet... good god almighty that woman won't point her feet. They hang off the end of her legs like she has no feeling in them. She doesn't have good lines, no core strength, and has gotten carried by the brilliant choreography of Derek and costumes that hide her bad feet. Her hips have 0 turnout and flexibility. It honestly looks to me like I could break her leg off if I lifted it up.

It was a shame that Mark and Natalie were eliminated. They are what the show is all about imo. Take someone out of their comfort zone, who is relatively coordinated or athletic to begin with, and teach them to dance.

Donny and Mya are already performers. C'mon. How can Donny be so praised for his showmanship... he's a showman! I certainly hope after all these years he can sell it! And I like him. I honestly think he's gracious, and funny and charming, and I'd probably make out with him in a dark closet at a party (away from my husband) okay... tmi.

I don't care who wins at this point. I'm just disappointed by the entire thing. I miss Gilles.

+ Reply to Thread