+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3748275;
    Totally fogot about Sabrina and Mark's dance.
    What did everyone think? I was real disappointed. she seemed to slip a few timres and it just looked very awkward overall, to me.

DanceCenter was priceless. Especially when they declare Ma the winner and then throw it out the window. Same for them thinking that Dimitry was the celeb. Way too funny! And i loved seeing Stacy Keebler again!
    I'm just over Sabrina in general. I think she's got a very high opinion of herself and her popularity. I didn't really pay that much attention (on top of her Mark is one pro I could care less to see) but I heard there were some Derek-style mambo moves in there.

DC never disappoints. Though my only gripe is that they didn't use Stacy enough. But that bit with Donny/Bruno was great, especially with Donny in his costume from the paso and Bruno in his pimp shirt.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3748348;
    I'm just over Sabrina in general. I think she's got a very high opinion of herself and her popularity. I didn't really pay that much attention (on top of her Mark is one pro I could care less to see) but I heard there were some Derek-style mambo moves in there.

DC never disappoints. Though my only gripe is that they didn't use Stacy enough. But that bit with Donny/Bruno was great, especially with Donny in his costume from the paso and Bruno in his pimp shirt.

I would have liked more of Stacy, too. My main gripe with DC, which I always look forward to and enjoy, is that they don't keep up those little "statistic boxes" (don't know what they're called) on the right side of the screen long enough. They contain some funny stuff, and I never have a chance to read through them fast enough before they're gone.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3748275;
    Totally fogot about Sabrina and Mark's dance.
    What did everyone think? I was real disappointed. she seemed to slip a few timres and it just looked very awkward overall, to me.

DanceCenter was priceless. Especially when they declare Ma the winner and then throw it out the window. Same for them thinking that Dimitry was the celeb. Way too funny! And i loved seeing Stacy Keebler again!
    Dance Center was priceless, and Sabrina Bryan at her worst is better than anyone on this season. All I could think about watching her was that she has that indescribable quality, a mixture of personality, skill, and excitement that all the others this season lack. She can still light up a room.
    Can't really say that about anyone this season. Donnie, Kelly and Michael have a lot of magnetism; Joanna, Natalie and Mya can dance - but nobody has it all.
    And the worst part, it's hard to remember now who else was on this season. I know there were 10 others.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3748461;
    Dance Center was priceless, and Sabrina Bryan at her worst is better than anyone on this season. All I could think about watching her was that she has that indescribable quality, a mixture of personality, skill, and excitement that all the others this season lack. She can still light up a room.
    Can't really say that about anyone this season. Donnie, Kelly and Michael have a lot of magnetism; Joanna, Natalie and Mya can dance - but nobody has it all.
    And the worst part, it's hard to remember now who else was on this season. I know there were 10 others.
    I remember Chuck, Natalie, and Louie. Aside from them? I pretty much have to go look it up. Really. And once the seasons over, barring they don't win, I'm probably going to forget Mya and Joanna were part of it, too. To me, it's Derek, Donny, Kelly/Louis. The rest? Meh.

I would have liked more of Stacy, too. My main gripe with DC, which I always look forward to and enjoy, is that they don't keep up those little "statistic boxes" (don't know what they're called) on the right side of the screen long enough. They contain some funny stuff, and I never have a chance to read through them fast enough before they're gone.
    I'd rather Kenny mention what's in the little box over someone's age, height, and shoe size (unless he's got something funny to back it up with). My favorite was Lil Kim last season: height: lil, weight: lil, shoe size: lil. Shawn: height: liller than Lil Kim

FORT Fanatic

The finalists certainaly aren't memorable. This will go down as the worst must uninteresting finale in the history of the show. Anybody with any pizzaz or athletic ability for an amazing freestyle got drummed out. Take your pick, warmed over hip hop, a freakish doll dance, a deer in the headlights or another "robotic" dance because rhythm left the building.

Yawn....

sdl

I just had a scary thought....but I'm trying to remember how this works.
    It seems like 3 couples go to the finals, and the viewers eliminate one. Then the 1 vs. 2 is decided by the judges, right? Or at least the judges pile another score on when the people have no chance to vote. Hence, boring Brooke Burke winning.....
    Ok, so this year say it's Donnie as the fan favorite and Mya as the judges choice - doesn't that guarantee her a win? That's a terrible result.
    They should never show the rehearsal or post interview footage on Mya. I've picked up on something that now drives me out of my mind....she is never gracious, never funny, never interesting and never admits any faults.
    Her last interview consisted of saying, "go Team Mya!" Uh, isn't it customary on this show to recognize your partner as a part of the "Team?"
    The rest of her interviews consist of her complaining that she doesn't know what is wrong with the judges or how to please them.
    When she got an (undeserved) 30, all she could say was, "are pigs flying?"
    How magnanimous.
    Who is voting for this be@tch? Please, anyone but her.

AMW, You really should watch the Derek-Joanna dance, you'll be surprised. I haven't reacted to a DWTS dance like this since Gilles & Cheryl's AT last year. It was outside-the-box, and executed quite well. Derek finally designed a dance where Joanna had to do 50% of the work, and for once, she was up to the challenge.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3748698;
    IHer last interview consisted of saying, "go Team Mya!" Uh, isn't it customary on this show to recognize your partner as a part of the "Team?"
    Heh! I was thinking the same thing when I saw their tacky t-shirts. Team D-Mya? Anyone else who combines names gets to share 50/50 - it should have been team Dimya, but no. He just gets a D. I suppose he should consider himself fortunate that he got that much, what with her doing all the difficult stuff and being the "star" and all.

And no, she has not done one thing through the course of this season that would make me want to go out and have a drink with her. Utterly charmless.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3748698;
    I just had a scary thought....but I'm trying to remember how this works.
    It seems like 3 couples go to the finals, and the viewers eliminate one. Then the 1 vs. 2 is decided by the judges, right? Or at least the judges pile another score on when the people have no chance to vote. Hence, boring Brooke Burke winning.....
    Ok, so this year say it's Donnie as the fan favorite and Mya as the judges choice - doesn't that guarantee her a win? That's a terrible result.
    They should never show the rehearsal or post interview footage on Mya. I've picked up on something that now drives me out of my mind....she is never gracious, never funny, never interesting and never admits any faults.
    Her last interview consisted of saying, "go Team Mya!" Uh, isn't it customary on this show to recognize your partner as a part of the "Team?"
    The rest of her interviews consist of her complaining that she doesn't know what is wrong with the judges or how to please them.
    When she got an (undeserved) 30, all she could say was, "are pigs flying?"
    How magnanimous.
    Who is voting for this be@tch? Please, anyone but her.
    Unless they're changing it this season, the final one has been decided by a combination of judges and viewer votes. At least, it has been so in the past. Though, of course, the producers retain the right (according to the brief message during the credits) to alter things for entertainment purposes or however they word it. Some people have said that's how come Gilles lost last season.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3748699;
    AMW, You really should watch the Derek-Joanna dance, you'll be surprised. I haven't reacted to a DWTS dance like this since Gilles & Cheryl's AT last year. It was outside-the-box, and executed quite well. Derek finally designed a dance where Joanna had to do 50% of the work, and for once, she was up to the challenge.
    It really was one of the most memorable dances ever on this show; there are at most 2 or 3 dances like that per season. At most.
    But one thing is very clear to me. It doesn't matter at all to those who, for whatever reason, don't like the contestant. They can criticize the dance in great detail without even watching.
    It happens all the time and isn't limited to any one person. How many people who hate Donnie Osmond have never seen him give a real interview or perform on stage?

+ Reply to Thread