+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

Re: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3748124;
    Just shoot me for saying so, but the best dancer on this show right now is Joanna....and has been for weeks. Way better dancer than Kelly or even Donnie, and surprisingly better than Mya (more likable too - ahhhh!!!).
    Welcome to the dark side.

Just shoot me for saying so, but the best dancer on this show right now is Joanna....and has been for weeks. Way better dancer than Kelly or even Donnie, and surprisingly better than Mya (more likable too - ahhhh!!!).
    You're not wrong. In fact, I thought that I noticed a whole lot of wrong-footedness in Mya's 30-scored dance.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

You're not alone in your thinking!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't know if I really care for Joanna or Mya's dancing. They've both gotten so overpraised and overscored and I get more enjoyment out of the other two, who my votes are going to. So the fact the judges loved them before they set foot on the floor, I'm just tired of them. In Joanna's defense, I guess it's not her as much as I'm tired of Derek. Mya I think the judges are trying to convince themselves as well as the audience she's as good as they make her out to be.

Well, we all are entitled to opinions here.

What I look forward to seeing every season is the celeb who engages me as a viewer...the one who makes me want to dance. Joanna is, for me, least capable of doing that. And, those feet of hers never seem to move with the rest of her body.
    I did think she did a very good job of following / keeping up with Derek's excellent choreography. But, I really get no enjoyment, at all, out of her dancing. And this show has always been about entertainment, so I look at it from that point of view.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Much as I like Kelly, I have said before that she peaked several years ago and has not progressed. For me, she was becoming less fun to watch. I thought she, instead of Aaron, should have gone, but I knew that her popularity would keep her in.
    I''m still surprised that so many disliked Aaron. I think Len was very gracious in giving Aaron kudos last night for his growth, etc. It's pretty obvious to me that the kid has come from a troubled background and kicking him around is not an effective solution.
    Did everyone see High Hefner in the audience? I guess he was there to show support for Joanna who is going to be playmate next month. Am really glad I'm not a guy - sorry, but she would totally turn me off.

I totally agree with you!! If you notice Derek has been choreographing TOUGH routines for them--- because she can DO them. I didn't know anything about her coming into this contest, didn't matter to me when I found out 'things' , I just enjoy watching her improve each week. Mya on the other hand has stayed consistently good. Bo-ring(er). And I also thought Aaron has been improving since the first. Gee... I'm gonna miss this show.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3748154;
    I''m still surprised that so many disliked Aaron. I think Len was very gracious in giving Aaron kudos last night for his growth, etc. It's pretty obvious to me that the kid has come from a troubled background and kicking him around is not an effective solution.
    For me, Aaron's elimination had a weird feel to it....
    Admit it, everyone was thinking the same thing - is he going to cry? Hang himself in the Red Room? Come at Kelly with a switchblade? It was uncomfortable.
    The thing with Len was very sweet in a sad sort of way. I felt like Len, in saying "if I was your father, I would be proud of you..." was playing surrogate father to a troubled kid who had a lousy father or no real father at all, and was totally messed up by it. It was nice, but kind of creepy when 10 million people are sharing this intimate moment, and know exactly what you are saying.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3748176;
    For me, Aaron's elimination had a weird feel to it....
    Admit it, everyone was thinking the same thing - is he going to cry? Hang himself in the Red Room? Come at Kelly with a switchblade? It was uncomfortable.
    The thing with Len was very sweet in a sad sort of way. I felt like Len, in saying "if I was your father, I would be proud of you..." was playing surrogate father to a troubled kid who had a lousy father or no real father at all, and was totally messed up by it. It was nice, but kind of creepy when 10 million people are sharing this intimate moment, and know exactly what you are saying.
    I noticed when Len commented about being proud of Aaron if he was his son, Aaron stepped away from Karina and stood at attention. Something did seem odd about the elimination. It wasn't a shock. He did apparently break down after the fact, from the different media reports I've read (and someone mentioned a clip from AH).

Totally fogot about Sabrina and Mark's dance.
    What did everyone think? I was real disappointed. she seemed to slip a few timres and it just looked very awkward overall, to me.

DanceCenter was priceless. Especially when they declare Ma the winner and then throw it out the window. Same for them thinking that Dimitry was the celeb. Way too funny! And i loved seeing Stacy Keebler again!

+ Reply to Thread