+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 11/03 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/03 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

....sigh.... I'm beginning to think the only way to get rid of Pouty Boy is by calling in the Orkin man....and maybe he'll do a twofer and get rid of Joanna too.....

I called the results before the show aired. No big surprise.
    I liked Michael a lot - truly a class act. I also like Mark, but most of his dancing, to me, was gimmicky and based on martial arts tricks.
    I would have preferred to see Joanna go last night.
    Who is voting for her? Between her lack of personality, poutiness and stumbles, I can't understand why she's still there.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by duckfarts;3743319;
    ....sigh.... I'm beginning to think the only way to get rid of Pouty Boy is by calling in the Orkin man....and maybe he'll do a twofer and get rid of Joanna too.....

Could not agree with you more!

Quote Originally Posted by duckfarts;3743319;

Here....let me find you that number...it's in the yellow pages, right?

I have to say....hard living really does show. It's not a scare tactic. Aaron could pass for 40 sometimes.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3743330;
    I called the results before the show aired. No big surprise.
    I liked Michael a lot - truly a class act. I also like Mark, but most of his dancing, to me, was gimmicky and based on martial arts tricks.
    I would have preferred to see Joanna go last night.
    Who is voting for her? Between her lack of personality, poutiness and stumbles, I can't understand why she's still there.
    I am not sure who is voting for her either. The only thing I can think of is there is a strong Derek fanbase that votes.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3743348;
    I have to say....hard living really does show. It's not a scare tactic. Aaron could pass for 40 sometimes.
    So true - he's only 21??? Yikes!

I'm rooting for Kelly and Louie at this point. She may not be the best dancer, but I watch the show for entertainment, and her intros and dancing make me smile the most. And she and Louie really seem to like eachother. I didn't come into this a Donny fan at all, but he's now my second pick. All the others...bleh.

I normally love the show, but I've kind of lost interest in this season.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3743316;
    I have not ever seen anything nice or sweet out of Kelly ever since she was foisted onto the public with that terrible show her family did. She was a foul mouthed teenager and does not appear to have matured at all since then.

And she has a skunk stripe down her head.
    Forget about her past, can you?? You obviously have never liked her. I am talking about the present day, not her past, what I see on this show.

FORT Newbie

I've been an observer to this thread all season but haven't posted until now. This is my first season of watching DWTS, and to hear how this one is the worst from many on here makes me realized that I must have missed a lot of good seasons as I'm enjoying this one for the most part.

For those who are surprised that they have ended up liking Donny, I think it may be because of his self-effacing personality, and not acting like he deserves to win like a couple of them on there this season. As someone who is three months younger than him, I grew up knowing of him and he's the one I'm pulling for. As those of us who are "old" know, he may have had somewhat of an edge with his experience, but once you hit that 50-mark you can't do a lot of things as well as you used to! Donny also has a nice pro in Kym that seems very sweet. I also like Kelly. I knew very little about her before the show, but love how she wants to stay every week and how she admitted this week that the pushing helped her even though she struggled with the rehearsals. I'm glad that Michael Irvin got to stay as long as he did and agree that he was a class act. I don't think Mya belonged on the cast as she is a professional dancer, but in the last couple of weeks I'm ready to see Joanna go more than her. Her recent scores seem to have gone to her head or something. I was neutral toward Aaron at the beginning of the season, but have not had a kind thought toward him since I heard near the beginning where he said he was going to win it this season. I don't think we would have seen a mature response from him if he had somehow gone home last night.

I have a question for anyone who may know... I haven't looked much at the DWTS ABC site, so something may be on there, but is there any specific place to submit names to ABC for those you would like to see on upcoming seasons of DWTS? There are a few I would be interesting in submitting. Thanks to anyone who knows the answer to this.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3743363;
    I am not sure who is voting for her either. The only thing I can think of is there is a strong Derek fanbase that votes.
    I am voting for her, and know quite a few others who are too. For me it has nothing to do with Derek. Lil Kim would have lasted longer if people had been voting just for Derek.

Yes, she has flaws, they all do, but I try not to trash anybody else's favorites. And I certainly don't see the slightest bit of evidence that her recent high scores have gone to her head. If anything, quite the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3743363;
    Perhaps there are a plethora who, in fact, do appreciate good dancing. While I have often been critical of the judges for their commentary, but generally not of their scores (plus or minus 1), I believe they were nearly correct in their ranking on Monday night. I can appreciate the frustration with "fans" which Bruno expressed regarding Aaron last night. As some point I'm sure the judges would like to 1) be the only ones whose opinions counted, or 2) wished fans were in some fantasy league so the judges could trade them for an audience watching PBS.

In the Nationals in MD last April the panel of five judges all ranked one pair as #1 while another respected judge ranked that pair as dead last in a group of 6 pairs. Opinions vary regarding performance, but not one of the judges would have considered personal likes or dislikes in rendering their score (which are done only at the end of the round by ranking the pairs as 1 through 6). I'm sure every one of the judges at Nationals would argue that ballroom dance is entertaining to the discerning eye.

+ Reply to Thread