+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/03 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Re: 11/03 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3742963;
    I think Mark really got shafted by the judges this week.
    I think he did too. Even Aaron said as much before...that he had a better chance with their votes than audience votes.

Mya is great. I hope she stays. Kelly is good too. Donny could go anytime, but probably won't. Those Osmonds have a strong fan base, who will probably keep him in.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by lisa8439;3742945;
    Donny is getting my votes as well - after Kelly leaves anyway. I do like her - but I know she doesn't stand a chance at going to the finals (nor should she based on her dancing...)

This is such an obvious farce - I still believe that Mya should have been the one leaving first, with Michael losing the dance-off to whomever they put in there. Who in the world is voting for her? As much as I don't like Aaron, I do believe that he deserved to be there tonight... but so did Mark. To say that they gave Derek/Joanna preferential treatment last week when he had the flu would be an understatement.

Funny thing is, going in to this season, I had already decided that I didn't like Donny. I am a bit too young to remember him from tv - and all I know about him is that he is related to Marie, and that was enough to disqualify him from winning in my book But week after week he actually seems genuinely GLAD to be there and glad to have 'survived' another week - and out of those left, he's the only one that I could stomach winning. Mya shouldn't be there, Joanna isn't bad but she isn't great, not to mention that she's as boring as a rock. Aaron isn't bad either but he is too cocky (though I have to say I think I'd rather see him win than Mya or Joanna) and Kelly, as personable as she is, just isn't at the same level as the other 4 who are left. So Donny it is...

I really hope they revamp this show a bit before they return next season... this has to be the most disappointing season ever.
    There's a lot of things that need to be revamped and I hope the show gets the idea of what needs to be revamped. They need to hear the message loud and clear because they're going to lose more viewers next season if they don't. A Donny outcome is the only redeeming quality for me for this season. Not only do I like Donny, but Kym has earned it and I adore her. She won't be as lucky to get a good partner next season I bet. I love Kelly and even though she is technically the worst dancer left, I also adore her partner and am enjoying watching her enthusiasm and enjoyment of this experience. Aaron is way too cocky for my liking. Karina too, though I'll give her credit, she's not as bad as she once was. But I think both feel too highly of themselves, their popularity, and think they're entitled to something. I know Aaron had a dysfunctional home life. For that I'm sorry, but he can't go through life being a cocky, entitled, spoiled little money grubbing womanizing brat, either. I don't think screaming into the mic last night did him any favors in the viewers eyes, and also his attitude this week, plus the judges saving him over Mark might doom him. I can hope. Kelly's going to win, but I can only hope she and Donny will get through next week and Aaron goes home. I can live with Mya or Joanna leaving but I just want that boy gone.

Joanna and Mya, for whatever reason, the producers love, and I think it's more to do with their partners. Derek could have gotten Susan Lucci to the finals just because he's Derek. They bore me, Mya likes to break the rules and I get the impression deep down she's got a bit of an attitude, too. Plus, she's just way too ahead of the pack with experience.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3742930;
    I can hope Kelly gets through next week, and maybe Louis keeps up his streak of getting to 4th place before being booted.
    Glad to see Kelly and Louis are safe!!! But didn't Priscilla Presley already break Louis' streak by coming in 8th place the last time he was on the show?

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineAG;3742999;
    Glad to see Kelly and Louis are safe!!! But didn't Priscilla Presley already break Louis' streak by coming in 8th place the last time he was on the show?
    I had forgotten about that, but you're right. It seems like it's been a lot longer than 2 seasons that we've had Louis on. Louis had 2 4th place finishes with Lisa Rinna and Monique Coleman, and was ousted first in the first season with Trista Sutter. I didn't like Louie as much then, and sure as heck didn't care for Trista, so that one was okay with me

I may skip Aaron next week. Heck, I will skip him next week. I know his line about 'he's shown he deserves to be here' if he survived after this week was probably a producer prompt. However, I still don't think he's the most gracious or humble participant left. His attitude tonight seemed really clear. I swear to God he looked more possessed than last night But I can't imagine his attitude and cry fest that he'll bring. I just hope he's gone.

I have to admit that I never cared for Donny, but he's really growing on me. I like him and I also like his dancing. I wouldn't mind seeing him win. He's gennuinely happy to be there and he doesn't take himself seriously. I haven't seen him get all irritated like some of the others. He's got my vote. Plus, Kym is such a good partner. There is nothing diva-esque about her. She really tries to teach her partner how to actually dance....not just stand there or walk across the stage while she dances around him (I won't name names).

Mya can go home already. I think her ego has been deflated a little bit, but I still don't care for her. I'm surprised about liking Joanna more and more each week. She's still boring, but I like her dancing, and I think she's really trying. Derek bugs me, for some reason.

I adore Kelly and Louis! She's not the best technical dancer, and she needs to get a grip on her confidence, but overall I think she's doing well. Does anyone else think Louis is smitten?

Michael is a class act all the way. A real gentleman. I feel the same way about Mark. I thought it was a good show this evenig.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3743006;
    I adore Kelly and Louis! She's not the best technical dancer, and she needs to get a grip on her confidence, but overall I think she's doing well. Does anyone else think Louis is smitten?
    I agree with all of your comments, but I'm pretty sure Louis is openly gay.

Every season there's someone who viewers say is a "ringer" just because they have danced somewhere, somehow. I've always felt like it's no big deal if someone has some degree of dancing experience in their past, after all, it's their past.
    But when I heard that Mya is not only a dancer, but a choreographer for a living that was just too much for me. The sooner she's gone the happier I'll be.
    I wonder if that's why Len is so hard on her. Maybe he's not happy about the situation either.
    I knew nothing about Joanna before this show, & I think she works hard, learns well, & is dancing great. Aaron is doing great too. He didn't deserve to be in bottom 3 tonight.
    If you go on dance ability & improvement alone (Mya removed!), then Donny, Joanna & Aaron should be in the finals.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3743002;
    Louis had 2 4th place finishes with Lisa Rinna and Monique Coleman, and was ousted first in the first season with Trista Sutter. I didn't like Louie as much then, and sure as heck didn't care for Trista, so that one was okay with me
    I like Louis too, and he's a great choreographer. Louis and Lisa Rinna were genuinely robbed. I know it's a cliche to say that, but back then there was a different, patently unfair scoring system where only the absolute rankings, and not percentages, were taken into consideration. They were 12 points ahead of Jerry Rice in week 7, and under today's percent-of-the-total-judges'-points scoring system would likely have survived.

No wonder the scoring system was changed after that.

sdl

I've been pounding my head for 2 hours now, trying to develop selective retrograde amnesia so I can remove these images from my memory bank:
    1. Performance by the Ballas and Hough band.
    2. Judges fawning over Aaron.
    3. Michael getting eliminated after a pretty good week.
    4. Mark D. getting eliminated after an impossible week.
    5. Mya getting called safe.
    6. Anytime I saw Carrie Ann.
    I am so traumatized over this crappy show, I feel like Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3743017;
    Every season there's someone who viewers say is a "ringer" just because they have danced somewhere, somehow. I've always felt like it's no big deal if someone has some degree of dancing experience in their past, after all, it's their past.
    But when I heard that Mya is not only a dancer, but a choreographer for a living that was just too much for me. The sooner she's gone the happier I'll be.
    I wonder if that's why Len is so hard on her. Maybe he's not happy about the situation either.
    I knew nothing about Joanna before this show, & I think she works hard, learns well, & is dancing great. Aaron is doing great too. He didn't deserve to be in bottom 3 tonight.
    If you go on dance ability & improvement alone (Mya removed!), then Donny, Joanna & Aaron should be in the finals.
    I don't know if Len has a problem with ringers in general or if he holds everyone up to the level that he thinks they're capable of. When I see people pull out a lot of gimmicks, I often think they're making up for the fact that they can't dance for peanuts. In Len's case I think it's more he wants to see what they can do vs what they can't do. With Mya, maybe she realizes she doesn't have the most exciting personality or entertainment factor of Donny so that's why she and Dmitry pull the gimmick card. But, I would much rather see everyone on a more level playing field. In a dance contest, Kelly couldn't beat Mya dance wise. Even Donny probably couldn't beat her dance wise. That helps a lot in the beginning, though now that we're down to the last few couples, personality and entertainment value are going to factor in.

ETA: sdl, I couldn't wait for you to weigh in, and you didn't disappoint And does Aaron have a delayed reaction span or something? Tonight when he was announced as being in the bottom 3, it's like it took him a minute to grasp it (then he pulled a David Alan Grier, naughty boy). Other weeks when the little weasel was announced safe, he seemed to wait for Karina to turn around and hug him before he realized what was happening. Once again, everyone from the winning team dance was safe, and everyone in the losing side was in the bottom. On the plus side, Vote #1 regained my faith somewhat. I could enjoy the results show somewhat in peace with Mya and Joanna still floating around, but the dislike I have for Aaron is what makes it an unpleasant experience.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-04-2009 at 12:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread