+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 11/02 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/02 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3742171;
    I have not been much of a fan of Aaron--but he is starting to win me over with his all-out efforts each week and the precision of his dancing.
    Me too. I was really impressed with his dance last night. And with respect to his personality, I actually feel sorry for him more than anything - he is such a mess, but he does seem to be trying to make some headway on sorting himself out.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3742215;
    SDL--but don't compare the number of posts to last season with its Melissa/Gilles posting "debates."

I doubt if any season would match that.
    I understand completely, but aren't the debates what make the show interesting?
    Granted, Melissa vs. Gilles got ugly last season, but at least people cared.
    I read all of the posts last night, and 90% were negative - e.g. Aaron is a weasel, sissy, pathetic, makes people sick, arrogant, ugly, loser, a woman trapped in a woman's body, and so on. Ok, maybe I threw in the last one, but you get the idea. The other contestants weren't so popular either.
    It would be nice to have a mix of good and bad.
    ETA: Wouldn't you know...just as I was posting this, there was a flurry of support for Aaron. Cool, now we have a mix. But I'd still rather not decide how to vote based on who I most feel sorry for.
    Last edited by sdl; 11-03-2009 at 02:10 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3742225;
    I understand completely, but aren't the debates what make the show interesting?
    Granted, Melissa vs. Gilles got ugly last season, but at least people cared.

I read all of the posts last night, and 90% were negative - e.g. Aaron is a weasel, sissy, pathetic, makes people sick, arrogant, ugly, loser, a woman trapped in a woman's body, and so on. Ok, maybe I threw in the last one, but you get the idea. The other contestants weren't so popular either.
    It would be nice to have a mix of good and bad.
    ETA: Wouldn't you know...just as I was posting this, there was a flurry of support for Aaron. Cool, now we have a mix. But I'd still rather not decide how to vote based on who I most feel sorry for.
    No, and not only no, but a resounding heck no! It was almost insane on here last season. People on both sides dug in their heels and refused to listen to reason regardless of any kind of fact or proof. Fans of Shawn were a little more reasonable, but because she was sweet and cute, she had no (real) faults in their eyes either. Even Lil Kim's fans jumped in with blinders.

Insanity!

As bland as it is, in many ways I prefer it to last season. At least there is less confrontation and more peace.

That said, I am adamant (as to a winner) - as I was not last season - that as a professional Mya should not win the whole thing. Other than that, I can see the good and bad in all of them. Some of them would make a big surprise as the final winner, but they would not leave a disappointed or bad taste in my mouth.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'll be really disappointed if Kelly leaves. She and Donny are my only favorites left, I absolutely despise Aaron/Karina, am tired of the Hough/Ballas clan on this show, and the rest just bore me. But, I realized something interesting last night, the first time that I've ever watched this series, and something that others have brought up-I just don't care. I'm just tired of this season, am ready for it to be over, that I honestly don't care. Donny's probably being set up for a shocking loss to either Mya or, I'm beginning to think more likely, Joanna so Derek can have his 2nd trophy like his sis and BFF Aaron may weasel his way into the finals at this stage and I'm not looking forward to that.

With the flu hitting everyone, why not just cut the losses and just have the finale next week? Before ABC completely kills this show.

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineAG;3742129;
    She didn't stumble, her heel got caught in her dress.
    A stumble is a stumble, doesn't matter what caused it.

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineAG;3742119;
    Mark Ballas, not Dacascos. Her name is Joanna Pacitti and she and Mark have been recording together, separate from BHB.
    Thanks for the clarification.

A stumble is a stumble to me, as well.
    It seems pretty obvious, to me at least, that the judges want to keep her in the competition. One of the many reasons why this season is so dull.......
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3742241;
    I'll be really disappointed if Kelly leaves. She and Donny are my only favorites left, I absolutely despise Aaron/Karina, am tired of the Hough/Ballas clan on this show, and the rest just bore me. But, I realized something interesting last night, the first time that I've ever watched this series, and something that others have brought up-I just don't care. I'm just tired of this season, am ready for it to be over, that I honestly don't care. Donny's probably being set up for a shocking loss to either Mya or, I'm beginning to think more likely, Joanna so Derek can have his 2nd trophy like his sis and BFF Aaron may weasel his way into the finals at this stage and I'm not looking forward to that.

With the flu hitting everyone, why not just cut the losses and just have the finale next week? Before ABC completely kills this show.

Couldn't say it better. I think the producers need to be careful about who they eliminate tonight. If they keep too many judges favorites around that aren't getting the fan votes, they will lose even more viewers. And given the sagging ratings this season (and therefore the loss of ad revenue per SDL's posts) they don't want to lose anymore viewers. I think we're in for a shocking elimination tonight. I'd love to see Aaron, Mya or Joanna go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3742224;
    Me too. I was really impressed with his dance last night. And with respect to his personality, I actually feel sorry for him more than anything - he is such a mess, but he does seem to be trying to make some headway on sorting himself out.
    Aaron did dance very well last night, have to give him credit for that. A mess, maybe but he's 21 and I hope, still maturing. He is.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3742277;
    A stumble is a stumble, doesn't matter what caused it.
    A stumble caused by dancer error is probably worse than one where the heel gets stuck in the costume, hence not technically dancer error as in a misstep due to shoddy footwork.

+ Reply to Thread