+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/27 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Re: 10/27 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;3737953;
    I wasn't ready for Melissa to go. Booo....Louis and Michael not a problem. One more week of Michael. His radio show platform gives him the votes, he could stick around a long time.
    Melissa was pretty darn good, as was Natalie, who got booted last week. They were both better than these two dudes... especially Louis.
    I thought Michael did better than him tonight.

sdl

The worst part about Louie leaving is that his jitterbug was his best dance yet. The guy was improving, and I love that he kissed Chelsie on the lips.
    I was watching a DVR from last week where Aaron walked by Louie and said, "Bet I can do a better flip than you." Louie just looked at him and said, "Uh, no."
    First of all Aaron, are you 9 years old?
    Secondly, my little crybaby, you might want to check out Louie's amazing flips in snowboard competitions on youtube. That's his specialty, idiot.

I didn't watch tonight other than to see who went home so missed the DO altogether. I was hoping Michael and Louis would go but am not surprised it was Melissa. I like her but she really only shined that one week. I'm still annoyed that Natalie wasn't still there but happy that Kelly was safe at least. She and Donnie and possibly Mark are my favorites now. I'm not a fan of any of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3737997;
    The worst part about Louie leaving is that his jitterbug was his best dance yet. The guy was improving, and I love that he kissed Chelsie on the lips.
    I was watching a DVR from last week where Aaron walked by Louie and said, "Bet I can do a better flip than you." Louie just looked at him and said, "Uh, no."
    First of all Aaron, are you 9 years old?
    Secondly, my little crybaby, you might want to check out Louie's amazing flips in snowboard competitions on youtube. That's his specialty, idiot.
    He IS awesome to watch on his board - especially in the 1/2 pipe - that is certainly his element - and his nerves don't show either

Gonna miss the lil tike tho - he was refreshing at times LOL
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

sdl

Ok, here's what has me wound up tonight.
    There are certain couples who I think are making giant strides. They are not my favorites, at all, but I can't deny that they have made great progress.
    I am speaking of Mark, Aaron, and Joanna.
    Doesn't mean I'm jumping on their bandwagons, just calling it like I see it.
    These 3 are dancing the best right now.
    Michael, who I like, is gone next week, sure thing. It seems like Kelly is not far behind.
    I think that the mid-season dip for Donny and Mya is almost a guaranteed ticket to the finals - they do this every year with the leaders so they can make a slight comeback (remember Gilles' mid season slump? same with Kristi...)
    It's supposed to keep things interesting. Of course, that ship sailed 2 months ago.

I think they aren't counting our votes anymore and the judges are just picking who they want to leave.

Louie danced better than Michael tonight and he was sent packing. I like Michael, but I don't see how that happened. And Carrie dislikes Louie, so that was a given for her.

Melissa looked really pretty tonight. Mark looked disconnected and very unhappy.

Aaron is a brat and so is Karina. He's not a bad dancer but they make me ill.

I'm just about finished with this season. I want to see the costumes next week because that is funny and I'll hang on until Kelly is given the boot, but I'm really not enjoying this season at all.

And the only couples I see with a real connection is Louis and Kelly and maybe Aaron and Karina. Everyone else seems so disconnected from their partners. None of them are really close like past seasons. It's very odd.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I don't know. I'm not convinced that Mya has the fans to pull her through to the finals. If there's another shocking elimination in store, she'll be it, IMO.

Agreed as well that the ones dancing best lately are Mark, Joanna, and Aaron. Of the three, I could see myself most likely to vote for Mark, if I can hold my nose and ignore the fact that I'm voting for Lacey as well. Donny has been doing well too, although didn't care much for this week's dance. Be most likely to vote for him if I have to pick someone.

Sad to see Louie go, but I think it was a matter of this week or next week. Michael got a one week reprieve, and then he's gone too. Unless his fans really rally, he'll probably be in the dance off again and go home this time.

Interesting that Aaron wasn't even in the B3 this week.The comment about his dad is just pitiful. The dad was the one most of them had a somewhat better relationship with (as opposed to the mother) a few years back when House of Carters was on, so I guess something additional has happened since then. I know a lot of folks don't like him, but part of me can't help but root for him. Plus he's toned it down a bunch the last couple of weeks, so he is listening to the judges, anyway.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I've never watched House of Carters, but was Nick switched at birth? It sounds like one screwy family and he's the only one with a level head on his shoulders. Aaron could get there one day, with the right guidance, attitude, and moves. For now, he still seems like a little kid who's riding a wave of fame and fortune he doesn't have. I'm not trying to make a crack at his expense, but it always intrigues me when a family can be so dysfunctional and yet someone like Nick emerges from it. I'm sure that isn't easy for his brother. I haven't denied he's a decent dancer. I think he got overconfident and cocky too soon and learned a hard lesson. Even though he survived not being in the bottom 2 this week, it doesn't mean he wasn't down there with the fan votes. Next week I don't think he'll escape it against Joanna, Donny, Mya, and Mark.

I don't know if Mya has the fan votes, but I guarantee the show will get her there if they had to. Potentially, based on fan votes, Donny and Mark could be contenders for the finale, especially if Mark keeps giving performances like he did this week and last. I think the Mya slip is intentional, because she was still near the top last night.

I watched Melissa and Louie on Jimmy Kimmel. Chelsie and Mark weren't there, but it was a really funny interview. I'm going to miss Louie. I even enjoyed Melissa, who seemed more alive than she had during the entire time on the show.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-28-2009 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3738027;
    I've never watched House of Carters, but was Nick switched at birth? It sounds like one screwy family and he's the only one with a level head on his shoulders. Aaron could get there one day, with the right guidance, attitude, and moves. For now, he still seems like a little kid who's riding a wave of fame and fortune he doesn't have. I haven't denied he's a decent dancer. I think he got overconfident and cocky too soon and learned a hard lesson. Even though he survived not being in the bottom 2 this week, it doesn't mean he wasn't down there with the fan votes. Next week I don't think he'll escape it against Joanna, Donny, Mya, and Mark.

I don't know if Mya has the fan votes, but I guarantee the show will get her there if they had to. Potentially, based on fan votes, Donny and Mark could be contenders for the finale, especially if Mark keeps giving performances like he did this week and last. I think the Mya slip is intentional, because she was still near the top last night.

I watched Melissa and Louie on Jimmy Kimmel. Chelsie and Mark weren't there, but it was a really funny interview. I'm going to miss Louie. I even enjoyed Melissa, who seemed more alive than she had during the entire time on the show.
    Wouldn't AT ALL be surprised to see a guy take it this season - has been a while
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Newbie

I really don't know what ABC is thinking this year.

First, the powers that be set Natalie, a dancer with a lot of potential, up for elimination last week. They put her first, gave her lousy music and a non-Paso Doble costume and gave her lower scores than most participants. Of course, the judges also blamed the audience for her elimination. It reminded me of Sabrina's way too early elimination a few seasons back. I found it interesting that Len gave Natalie the highest score of the 3 judges. Len is the only one of the 3 that knows ballroom. Natalie could have been and should have been a contender.

Second, this week they gave judges much more power than the audience. To begin with, the mambo scoring allowed the judges to overweight the scores for their favorites. This protected relatively unpopular contestants like Aaron by dramatically increasing their percentage of the total judging score. With the judges' scores being further apart than usual, the judges almost guaranteed that the bottom 3 would be composed solely of their 4 less favored contestants. Also the judges got to pick one of those contestants to eliminate.

When the judges so obviously have favorites, why should the audience watch? I've seen audience backlash on American Idol because of a resentment of obvious producer favoritism of a certain talented contestant.

+ Reply to Thread