+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 10/27 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

sdl

Re: 10/27 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3740445;
    Joanna and Maks definitely had more time to prepare.

Mark and Lacey took a 5:30 a.m. flight from JFK to LAX...on Saturday a 5 hours flight getting him to LA at 10:30 am eastern time... 7:30 a.m. Pacific, and then he went to the studio, probably wardrobe fittings, changes for the celebrity designed Samba outfit originally for Lacey, fitted or maybe even changed completely for Anna, and then practise the group Paso Doble for the first time since last Tuesday. This has been a whirlwind including a bi-coastal flight over a couple of time zones. Jet lag can catch up with you.

Anna twittered that she had to choreograph a lot for the Samba, so it was teaching, choreographing on the fly. up to 11:45 p.m.

This morning @ 8:45 they were going to work on a Paso doble solo and then it would be off to camera blocking, and studio rehearsal.

I'm trying to figure out if Mark even had 24 hours to learn a Samba from scratch.
    Definitely a rough schedule.
    But I have a question, and please don't take offense. You seem to follow his schedule very closely (Twitter?) so I'm wondering what he does in NY all week. I've seen Iron Chef and the role of the Chairman is to run through this standard thing about how his Uncle put him in charge and then he screams out the magic ingredient - it's intentionally campy - then he takes off and the announcers do the show. It seems like Mark's role would take about 3 minutes to get ready and about the same amount of time to deliver his lines.
    Why doesn't he practice in NY? Everyone else on the show who has other engagements practices during their down time.
    Michael Irvin has a radio show that he has to prepare for and deliver the entire program. Donny Osmond does a full scale live Las Vegas show every night - no matter how many times he's done it, that sounds exhausting.
    Last edited by sdl; 11-01-2009 at 12:33 PM.

FORT Fan

I don't care if Mark D had a busy week and has to dance with a different partner. I'm still not voting for him. He will probably get a lot of sympathy votes though.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by catzy;3740480;
    I don't care if Mark D had a busy week and has to dance with a different partner. I'm still not voting for him. He will probably get a lot of sympathy votes though.
    Here's my deal, and I speak only for myself.
    I've put a lot of time into trying to figure out who these people are and why they are on the show - more than any season in history. I've watched more youtube than ever looking for a reason why I should care about someone going home...all to learn that Mya is a professional dancer, Aaron is a sissy, Natalie has a potty mouth, Melissa hasn't aged well, Chuck is a bleeder, Donny and Marie are still at it, Louie likes to have competitions with his friends to see how many girls they can kiss in a day, Mark is a terrible actor, and Kelly is that tatooed Osbourne kid with a better hairdo. I already knew Michael played football, had an outgoing personality, and used to enjoy hookers, coke, and fur coats.
    And, amazingly, I still don't really care who goes home.
    Can't we just start over?

FORT Fogey

SDL--you're making me smile as usual.

My own very personal criteria for who I want to stay and do well include--

--which ones make me smile as I watch them dance (Oddly this has turned out to be a nearly infallible test for who stays the longest and who leaves early)

--which ones really seem to be working very hard

--which ones really seem to want to be there and learn.

And completey sexist--which of the men are the most attractive to me while they dance. (My standard is Gilles and Maks so not many men meet this criteria at all.)

FORT Fan

Like Wind Dancer, I have my own criteria for who I like and Mark doesn't meet it. That is what makes the show fun - everyone has their own opinion of who they like/don't like.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sdl View Post
    Natalie has a potty mouth,
    Natalie does?? I hadn't heard that. I thought that was Kelly and Joanna.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3740468;
    Definitely a rough schedule.
    But I have a question, and please don't take offense. You seem to follow his schedule very closely (Twitter?) so I'm wondering what he does in NY all week. I've seen Iron Chef and the role of the Chairman is to run through this standard thing about how his Uncle put him in charge and then he screams out the magic ingredient - it's intentionally campy - then he takes off and the announcers do the show. It seems like Mark's role would take about 3 minutes to get ready and about the same amount of time to deliver his lines.
    Why doesn't he practice in NY? Everyone else on the show who has other engagements practices during their down time.
    Michael Irvin has a radio show that he has to prepare for and deliver the entire program. Donny Osmond does a full scale live Las Vegas show every night - no matter how many times he's done it, that sounds exhausting.

My understanding is there are two shows that Mark is involved with, ICA and the Next Iron Chef..also there's more than one episode at a time that's taped. The first time they went there was practise around the schedule as well as guest appearances at a number of events for the NYC Food and Wine Festival on behalf of the Food Network, and DWTS. Lacey excitedly twittered they practise near the Empire State building. That was two-step week.

This time they flew out on the Red-eye, got one practice, Wednesday, then Lacey got ill and had to stay in bed. They barely got the Samba choreography together. Thursday she was in bed 24 hours. As she was ill, they brought Tony in to help with basics, and then hoping she would be better the next day to continue. On Friday they scheduled an afternoon and evening practice, Mark negotiated a replacement for him on ICA so they could get more practise time in. Lacey couldn't do the afternoon..hoped to do the evening. She was fried and couldn't do it. Saturday morning they got on a plane. Anna had to choreograph a lot of Samba.
    Last edited by Andiemywestie; 11-01-2009 at 04:23 PM.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by catzy;3740480;
    And that's your right to vote for whomever you please. Just sayin' the bi-coastal flying and illness staying in a hotel room instead of your own bed is a little more challenging in terms of recovery, so the practise time was dramatically reduced for them.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3740526;
    Here's my deal, and I speak only for myself.
    I've put a lot of time into trying to figure out who these people are and why they are on the show - more than any season in history. I've watched more youtube than ever looking for a reason why I should care about someone going home...all to learn that Mya is a professional dancer, Aaron is a sissy, Natalie has a potty mouth, Melissa hasn't aged well, Chuck is a bleeder, Donny and Marie are still at it, Louie likes to have competitions with his friends to see how many girls they can kiss in a day, Mark is a terrible actor, and Kelly is that tatooed Osbourne kid with a better hairdo. I already knew Michael played football, had an outgoing personality, and used to enjoy hookers, coke, and fur coats.
    And, amazingly, I still don't really care who goes home.
    Can't we just start over?
    I still care who goes home. I want Aaron gone last week, the week before, pre-show, and next week. I wish Louie was still there I hope Mya and Joanna leave with Aaron, or right after. I hope Donny wins, and think the show will either go for a male winner or have Donny lose in a shocking finale. With the way this season has turned out, they may hope Osmond wins just because he's an Osmond. I want Kelly in the final 2, and if she wins, I'll be thrilled. I would like Mark in the final 3 by default, only because I don't like anyone else left. I doubt Michael has a prayer of getting through this week, unless there's a huge surge in voting for him.

I predict Michael and Aaron or Kelly this week. Michael won't get through. Aaron has the jive for both his solo and KO dance, which might help him immensely or it could backfire because the judges could say that there wasn't enough variety. And of course, the judges could be in a weird mood and take Aaron's comeback away. If he's in the dance off with Kelly, I think she might have an edge, as the judges like her more. I would actually find it pretty funny if Aaron lost out on the votes to Kelly
    Last edited by karalott; 11-01-2009 at 06:04 PM.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3740577;
    Natalie does?? I hadn't heard that. I thought that was Kelly and Joanna.
    Ahhhhh!!!!!!!! I am so sorry.
    Joanna has a potty mouth!! Queen of the f-bombs.
    I don't know why I said Natalie, other than these people aren't exactly household names.
    I loved Natalie though, probably my favorite this season, and sorry she is gone - about her I would say "best legs I ever saw on the show."
    Better legs, I might add, than Joanna who is a swimsuit model.
    The difference, I guess, is that Natalie works out in her swimsuit while Joanna works her way out of her swimsuit.
    Last edited by sdl; 11-01-2009 at 07:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread