+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 10/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3737230;
    I agree. Louis does seem to really care about her. It's weird because they are so different. I really think he isn't really in it to win it. He just wants to make this the best experience he can for Kelly. I could watch clips of them in rehearsal all day.
    I'll "third" that! I think Louis sees a lot of insecurities in Kelly, he knows it's all right there, but is trying to get her to break through all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3737173;
    Frankly, both Carrie Ann and Bruno don't, IMO, belong on this show as judges. Len is the only one of the three who actually has judged ballroom professionally, and if I'm not mistaken, the only one who danced ballroom professionally.
    Well, to be fair to both Bruno and Carrie Ann, they're both choreographers (or as Len would call it "caw-wee-ogg-wa-fuzz".

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3737223;
    I'll be curious how the judges will handle the dance off. Will they keep their bias to the side? Will they vote to keep the "better" dancer in over someone that they like or who is a bigger fan favorite/more entertaining personality? After tonight I really don't trust their judgement.
    As I watched them pick off dancers tonight, starting with Michael, I got a pretty good idea of how the rest of the season would play out. It was predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3737240;
    Well, to be fair to both Bruno and Carrie Ann, they're both choreographers (or as Len would call it "caw-wee-ogg-wa-fuzz".
    Yup, I know that. If they were ballroom choreographers, I'd be more for them. But it's just kind of odd to me that 67% of the scores come from people who have never danced (to my knowledge), judged, or choreographed ballroom dancing, when the focus of the show is ballroom dancing. They both grate on my nerves at times, but I don't overly dislike either of them. Just a little pet peeve of mine in regards to this show.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3737241;
    As I watched them pick off dancers tonight, starting with Michael, I got a pretty good idea of how the rest of the season would play out. It was predictable.
    The favorites seem to be Derek, Mya, and Donny. I think the latter two have the fan support, but I don't think Joanna does. However, if they want her for the final 3, they'll do whatever it takes to keep her in. I don't believe, if she danced the exact same dances the exact same way with the exact same mistakes, that Joanna would be getting any judges support with a different pro. They seem to favor the youngins. That's why I believe this dance off is more to keep their favorites in than anything else. I hope it doesn't become a regular thing, or that they use it for every dance until the finale like SCD. However, if the judges are supposed to pick the better dancer between the two, how do they do that between someone like Aaron and Kelly? Kelly is a bigger favorite with a more popular pro, even if they can't dance as well. So there goes someone that brings entertainment and personality. But sadly, if they don't get Louie this week, they'll get him next week. Michael and Melissa are probably gone tomorrow, Louie and either Kelly or Aaron next week, then the other one of those 2 the following week, then Mark, then Joanna (or vice versa) with Donny and Mya in the finals. I don't think any season has been this predictable. At least Kristi's season it was suspense wondering how everyone would place.

Well, I had fun watching my first season. May the best amateur win!

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

Anyone notice anything unusual when voting on the ABC site? I logged in, placed one vote and the bubble went from 9 votes left to 6. I voted again for this dancer and the bubble went from 6 to 2.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3737249;
    Yup, I know that. If they were ballroom choreographers, I'd be more for them. But it's just kind of odd to me that 67% of the scores come from people who have never danced (to my knowledge), judged, or choreographed ballroom dancing, when the focus of the show is ballroom dancing. They both grate on my nerves at times, but I don't overly dislike either of them. Just a little pet peeve of mine in regards to this show.
    I'd be more for them (CA and Bruno) if both didn't sound like complete idiots who offer no constructive advice, play favorites, are inconsistent, act like teenage girls (yes, both) and think they are important to the show.
    I could ignore them if the cast was better.
    Now I'm just pissed at ABC for doing such a terrible job on my favorite show.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3737266;
    I'd be more for them (CA and Bruno) if both didn't sound like complete idiots who offer no constructive advice, play favorites, are inconsistent, act like teenage girls (yes, both) and think they are important to the show.
    I could ignore them if the cast was better.
    Now I'm just pissed at ABC for doing such a terrible job on my favorite show.
    I never really minded those 2 until season 5. That was the first time I remember there being such a big deal about a lift, to the point where Tony gave CA a rule book (as a joke or not, I don't know). It doesn't seem like things have been wonderful between those 2 since, or really even before. But Bruno has gotten more outrageous to the point where he's beginning to be the British/Italian version of Cloris Leachman with his antics. Not only do I think the judges table needs to be off limits for the contestants, but I think Bruno needs to stay in his seat. Len is the only one who attempts to give criticism. If Bruno or CA offer it, they tend to bring up the same things. And I wonder, is that couple really having an issue there or are they looking for something to criticize so just focus on the same thing? However, I wouldn't want to lose Bruno. CA on the other hand can take a week, a month, an eternity off. And Samantha can go with her.

And whether it's for show or not, I think they have an immature attitude against Len. I know the audience will be on cue to boo and applaud, but I'll be curious how the judging for the DO goes tomorrow night.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3736871;
    Can we please, please finally send Melissa home this week? It's just painful...
    I like her too--but I agree about how painful it is to watch her now.

Her major problem as I see it is that she is not connected to her core--from where all strength and grace come from.

The core--abdomen and back and shoulders--all should work together for fluidity if movement. If her partner/teacher were any good he'd work with her on having all her movements arise in her core.

But it's obvious he has NO idea how to help her feel the music and then express it.

Too bad. IMO she coulda been a contenda if she'd had someone who really cared.

+ Reply to Thread