+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3736994;
    A bit hesitant. She lacks conviction when she dances.
    That is the word I was looking for...hesitant! You are so right. I do see potential in her.

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3737006;
    That is the word I was looking for...hesitant! You are so right. I do see potential in her.
    Yep. Hesitant, plus she anticipates moves before they happen. I wonder how much Louis choreographed based on what he thought she could handle as opposed to what she could actually handle. It was a pretty timid routine.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3737002;
    CA takes particularly b...y delight pointing out lifts which is a very annoying habit of hers!
    I think she views it as her sacred mission on the show. Maybe she's making $10 an episode extra over Bruno's fee for making sure there's at least one mention of an illegal lift per week.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Potential is what dance coaches always talk about when their students' scores are less than hoped for. Sometimes it is all you have to rebuild you charges' self-esteem.

Yeah, but somebody needs to tell her to loosen up and forget dancing from the neck up so much.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3737011;
    I think she views it as her sacred mission on the show. Maybe she's making $10 an episode extra over Bruno's fee for making sure there's at least one mention of an illegal lift per week.
    a.) She's a woman. Ergo, she's likely shortchanged on the salary. Yes, sexism still exists. Go look at Hollywood salaries overall.

That said, I bet the female dancers tend to make more than the male ones on this show. Its the people who talk where I think it goes the other way.

b.) She's the "new one". Bruno and Len were known quantities from the UK show. Likely they got sweeter deals since they were. So even without sexism she's probably making less.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

So we have Louie, Donny, and Joanna left? I'd say things aren't looking too good for Melissa right now. We know Donny and Joanna will hit it out of the park with the judges. Louie may get by with the fan votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3737016;
    a.) She's a woman. Ergo, she's likely shortchanged on the salary. Yes, sexism still exists. Go look at Hollywood salaries overall.

That said, I bet the female dancers tend to make more than the male ones on this show.

b.) She's the "new one". Bruno and Len were known quantities from the UK show. Likely they got sweeter deals since they were. So even without sexism she's probably making less.
    Well, that was a joke, obviously. I don't really care how much she makes.

Louie actually moved is legs and feet..wow...he was much better simply b/c he moved...

I hate to say this but Jewel's husband whose name escapes me at the moment is much better at dancing with Chelsea than Dude.

+ Reply to Thread