+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 10/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I just watched Donny & Kym dance and thought it was wonderful. I hope he makes it to the finals, and I sure wouldn't mind seeing him win.

I was looking forward to seeing Mark dance this season, and he has power - but I'm just not seeing much else. I know he is trying to show emotion, but all I see is forced anger.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

FORT Fanatic

A bullfight was about a fight. Mark is a fighter. As Carrie Ann, said there's a difference between force and power.
    For me that was power, nothing forced about it.

Not a fan of the Osmonds, their limited dancing, or their tactics. Donny was relentless about who he thought should go home season 5, and Marie is pulling the same crap season 9.
    Last edited by Andiemywestie; 10-24-2009 at 11:10 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;3735418;
    I just watched Donny & Kym dance and thought it was wonderful. I hope he makes it to the finals, and I sure wouldn't mind seeing him win.

I was looking forward to seeing Mark dance this season, and he has power - but I'm just not seeing much else. I know he is trying to show emotion, but all I see is forced anger.
    I want Kym to win more than Donny, but I'm worried she'll be destined for a second place finish again I feel like the show might set it up as a Donny/Mya final 2 with Mya "surprisingly" beating the popular Osmond. I don't think it'll be a shocking outcome or one that gets people talking like previous surprising or exciting finales.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3735507;
    Mark is pretty forgettable. I don't like Lacey or her choreography so that's part of, but between my intense dislike for Aaron, rooting on Donny and the underdogs Louie and Kelly, and hoping for a Hough/Ballas free finale he gets lost in the shuffle. But, I can't say anything's been memorable, minus the kung fu in his cha cha and Lacey's rooster-do in their paso. I don't feel like his personality comes out on the dance floor in the dances. JMO.
    I actually watched part of a movie with Mark D. the other night, just like I tuned in to Iron Chef, to try to figure out where in the world they found this guy. It wasn't easy to find but I was determined.
    It was a really low budget kung fu deal, the kind where the lips aren't exactly in sync with the weird sounding voices, and you can only imagine the quality of the acting. Think about how much emotion Mark displays while just being Mark, then translate that to the big screen.
    Seriously, I didn't think they still made those kinds of movies after Bruce Lee died. I guess they sell them in Japan, the only place where Mya was able to sell her last two albums (not kidding).
    No wonder the DWTS ratings are the lowest ever. Nielsen isn't capturing all of the viewers in Japan.
    So enough about Mark. His biggest competition is Melissa Joan Hart.
    They'll get the boot after Aaron and Michael.
    So I guess the judges will do us the disservice of eliminating someone we actually like, Louie and/or Kelly, to create the top 3 - which at this point has to include Donny and Mya, and probably Joanna?

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3735519;
    I actually watched part of a movie with Mark D. the other night, just like I tuned in to Iron Chef, to try to figure out where in the world they found this guy. It wasn't easy to find but I was determined.
    It was a really low budget kung fu deal, the kind where the lips aren't exactly in sync with the weird sounding voices, and you can only imagine the quality of the acting. Think about how much emotion Mark displays while just being Mark, then translate that to the big screen.
    Seriously, I didn't think they still made those kinds of movies after Bruce Lee died. I guess they sell them in Japan, the only place where Mya was able to sell her last two albums (not kidding).
    No wonder the DWTS ratings are the lowest ever. Nielsen isn't capturing all of the viewers in Japan.
    So enough about Mark. His biggest competition is Melissa Joan Hart.
    They'll get the boot after Aaron and Michael.
    So I guess the judges will do us the disservice of eliminating someone we actually like, Louie and/or Kelly, to create the top 3 - which at this point has to include Donny and Mya, and probably Joanna?
    I think Michael and Melissa are gone this week, potentially Louie. Which is a mistake IMO simply because there goes someone with a personality and entertainment. After that, I bet it'll be Melissa and Aaron. Kelly hasn't done as well at vote #1 or DI that I can recall (I haven't checked that site in awhile). So I think your assessment for the final 3 is probably right. Joanna will go out 3rd, leaving the final 2 of Mya/Donny. If this actually happens this way, that'll show just how horrible this season was. But better to get some of these people, changes, and dances out of the way on a crappy season vs a good one.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3735431;

Not a fan of the Osmonds, their limited dancing, or their tactics. Donny was relentless about who he thought should go home season 5, and Marie is pulling the same crap season 9.

With all respect--what Marie says or doesn't say has nothing to do with how well Donny dances.

And so far he's been dancing very well.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3735686;
    With all respect--what Marie says or doesn't say has nothing to do with how well Donny dances.

And so far he's been dancing very well.
    I've got to say that the 2 most pleasant surprises for me this season have been Donny and Kelly. I really didn't expect to like either of them, at all.
    There's a interesting quality about Donny, you see it in the rehearsals, he works at it like an underdog - funny because lots of people see him as a well known star. But he knows that he is a joke to some people, a "has been", so you can see the determination to prove that he's for real and belongs there.
    Kelly is charming and not so bad as a dancer either. I think it's hilarious that she and Michael Irvin are buddies. Two people who like to laugh and keep it light. Very nice to see in a cast that has, by all accounts, set the record for resentment and backbiting.
    Speaking of which, I will never respect Mya because she's a pro.
    Aaron needs therapy.
    Mark is a nobody who has his moments.
    Melissa seems ready to get home to her kids.
    Natalie has a shot so long as people don't watch youtube.
    And Louie will entertain us as long as the judges allow it.
    Last edited by sdl; 10-25-2009 at 06:44 PM.

FORT Fogey

SDL--hi. Kelly is a big and pleasant surprise for me too. All I knew about her before this was some clips I'd seen of her appreances on the Osbourne reality show.

She really has grown--and I give her the props for having done a lot of that growth herself.

I really do find her inspiring on tis show.

I also agree about Donny's attitude. it is surprising and very refreshing to see such a big star/long time show biz guy working so hard to do new things well.

He is inspiring me too

I'm not an Osmond fan. I disliked Marie on the show and was against Donny even being cast. However...Donny has been a bit of a surprise for me, as well. I'm still not rooting for him to win, but he's not nearly as annoying as I was expecting and his dancing isn't half bad! If he did pull out the win, I wouldn't be all that upset. He seems to really be enjoying himself and wants to be there, which I don't get that vibe from at least half of the cast.

I only tuned in this season to watch Kelly. I was expecting a train wreck, but was happily surprised with her, as well.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3735798;
    I've got to say that the 2 most pleasant surprises for me this season have been Donny and Kelly. I really didn't expect to like either of them, at all.
    There's a interesting quality about Donny, you see it in the rehearsals, he works at it like an underdog - funny because lots of people see him as a well known star. But he knows that he is a joke to some people, a "has been", so you can see the determination to prove that he's for real and belongs there.
    Kelly is charming and not so bad as a dancer either. I think it's hilarious that she and Michael Irvin are buddies. Two people who like to laugh and keep it light. Very nice to see in a cast that has, by all accounts, set the record for resentment and backbiting.
    Speaking of which, I will never respect Mya because she's a pro.
    Aaron needs therapy.
    Mark is a nobody who has his moments.
    Melissa seems ready to get home to her kids.
    Natalie has a shot so long as people don't watch youtube.
    And Louie will entertain us as long as the judges allow it.
    I love your posts I forget 99% of the time Michael is even there. When I'm thinking of the contestants, I usually have to go look up who I'm missing. However, he's memorable on the dance floor, bad dancing and all. I was very impressed with his paso this past week. Probably my favorite of the paso group simply because I think that was his dance and at least he had one good, memorable dance this season before he leaves. Donny has impressed me, but more because he's not as good as I expected. He's learning, messes up, but listens to the comments, tries to improve, works hard, and is determined. What does Donny of all people have to gain from this other than the experience? Kelly and Louie were two other people I expected to not care about, but those 2 along with Donny would be my ideal final 3. I know it won't happen, so hopefully I can at least get Donny in there. The best dancer has never won this show, and while I'd like to like a couple because they're good dancers, I want to be entertained. Kelly/Louis and Louie/Chelsie do that. Plus, I love their overall attitudes and especially not wanting to let their partners down. Louie seems to be just be going along for the ride, but trying his hardest at the same time. I loved their AT last week. Putting aside my dislike for Joanna, even if I had never heard of her before, I find her boring. Same with MJH, and same with Mya. It doesn't help that Joanna and Melissa have partners that outdance them (on purpose and not) and act like a maniac that seems like an experiment gone bad (referring to Mark here). But personality and dance wise, I just don't see the appeal. Though I must say, I loved Joanna's AT with Maks more than any other dance of hers this season. Aaron needs a lot of things. I think he's just a poor lost soul that'll probably end up on Dr. Phil in the near future.

+ Reply to Thread