+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3727239;
    Louie's twitter message is lame and disingenuous - and he is one of my favorites!
    NOBODY who has ever two stepped will ever tell you that the guy just walks while the girl moves around. In ALL country dances, the guy LEADS. He is expected to dance with the proper cadence and perform steps as the girl is directed through her routine. They move in tandem.
    I like Louie but please, don't give us weak excuses that are totally implausible. It's the verbal equivalent of crying.
    Louie needs to get serious, man up, and work - or go back to hanging with the other dudes goofing around on the slopes. Smiling isn't going to cut it at this stage.
    The act isn't cute if your dancing sucks, Louie.

Perhaps Micheal is one of those who has been guaranteed a certain stay on the show. It appears to me that by the judges' scores, comments, and the bottom two that it is a toss up between him and Louie who will be going home next. Louie has been prepped. Although it will upset some people, it shouldn't come as a surprise if Louie even goes before Michael.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

sdl

Mya acting like she doesn't "get" Len is offensive to me because I don't believe it. He's been pretty clear that she is being judged based on her demonstrated ability as a highly accomplished, professional dancer and choreographer. If she's going to compete against amateurs, she'll have to bring her "A" game to impress him.
    The other judges don't know what an "A' game is, but she can't fool Len.
    She not only plays dumb, but she is arrogant about it. Can't wait til she is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3727237;
    Yes the threads are locked until the show finishes airing on the West Coast which tonight will be 1 am EST.
    Oh, I knew that!! I guess it really IS past my bedtime, even tho I don't want to go!! Thanks for the answer.

FORT Regular

Since all of the other threads are locked I'm going to post this in here. I read on another board that Melissa has Lupus. I don't know if any of you know anything about Lupus, but this girl has to be in great pain, so if she's whining about it being hard, it's because she's doing it with a handicap. I have a daughter is in college and until last year was perfectly healthy but she was suddenly struck with constant joint swelling and pain, and spent most of her last year in and out of the hospital trying to find a regiment that will help her just get through the day with as little pain as possible. This is a kid who was a cheerleader and swimmer and VERY active, but now she has a handicap parking permit. I'm assuming MJH is in remission or at least close to it, but still give her a break, she is doing a great job with a big handicap.

FORT Regular

Oh and I wanted to say that I hope she stays on long enough to bring some publicity to this terrible disease.

Agree SDL. I've decided she will win this-- who can touch her in reality? So for me I'm watching to see who the runner up will be. That will be the true winner in my book.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3727247;
    Perhaps Micheal is one of those who has been guaranteed a certain stay on the show. It appears to me that by the judges' scores, comments, and the bottom two that it is a toss up between him and Louie who will be going home next. Louie has been prepped. Although it will upset some people, it shouldn't come as a surprise if Louie even goes before Michael.
    Interesting thought Bloomers.
    You know that I goof around with these mathematical formulas that combine a bunch of polls, factor in a reliability index, and then combine the judges' scores to predict the week's loser. Sometimes it's really hard because the bottom 3 or 4 are so close together.
    This week it was not so close. My grid, which I published before tonight's show, said Michael and Aaron were in the bottom two, followed by Chuck and Louie. Not too amazing except that the major polls had them aligned a little differently, and for once - it was pretty clear to me that Michael was at the bottom based on every measurable criteria. But.....
    Michael is one of the top 2-3 stars on this show.
    Michael never seemed the slightest bit nervous about being eliminated.
    We know that certain major stars are guaranteed a certain number of episodes.
    But his dancing hasn't lived up to expectations and his fans haven't turned out. Nevertheless.....
    I think Michael got a "bye" this week based on the deal he made before he agreed to do the show.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3727262;
    Interesting thought Bloomers.
    You know that I goof around with these mathematical formulas that combine a bunch of polls, factor in a reliability index, and then combine the judges' scores to predict the week's loser. Sometimes it's really hard because the bottom 3 or 4 are so close together.
    This week it was not so close. My grid, which I published before tonight's show, said Michael and Aaron were in the bottom two, followed by Chuck and Louie. Not too amazing except that the major polls had them aligned a little differently, and for once - it was pretty clear to me that Michael was at the bottom based on every measurable criteria. But.....
    Michael is one of the top 2-3 stars on this show.
    Michael never seemed the slightest bit nervous about being eliminated.
    We know that certain major stars are guaranteed a certain number of episodes.
    But his dancing hasn't lived up to expectations and his fans haven't turned out. Nevertheless.....
    I think Michael got a "bye" this week based on the deal he made before he agreed to do the show.
    Or there are just enough of us cowboys and NFL fans to keep him around for awhile. Michael is a likeable and courteous man and people like that.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Are they really guaranteed a certain spot, though? And can anyone ever buy the win? I think Michael still sticking around, even with crappy dancing, makes sense. If LT could do it with his stinky attitude, I think it's believable Michael could. The NFL loyalty is very strong and I don't think it's any surprise NFLers have done so well on this show. And because some have, I think there's just an expectation. Besides, some people pity Michael because of who his partner is, so that may be getting him by, too.

Louie may not have been told by a pro, but I still believe in his mind he was doing the dance the right way. Maybe Chelsie told him that. I don't know. This is probably the worst week he's had and I'm surprised he's being written off so quickly.

I so hope Aaron goes next week. So close...yet so far.

And Mya's showing a little arrogance. I hope Len will just finally say she's too good to be on a show with amateurs and since she's a pro she needs to dance like one so if she doesn't he will call her out. I think she outshines Dmitry! He's already tried to tell her, but since he's the only one holding his ground she doesn't seem to like it that he's not in love with her. Hopefully the producers don't intervene and tell him to start scoring her higher and act like CA and Bruno.

I was hoping for AAron to go also. I was also set to count the seconds until he or Karina lost control and threw a fit,lol. So close.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread