+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Wow, Mark's in the middle of the pack so rag on Lacey? I don't buy that. She's given some really strong choreography this season, and Mark is dancing like a beginner. That's nothing new. I absolutely hated this girl first season and last season that Salsa was a disaster in many ways, but there's been a surprising growth in what she did with the Cha Cha, and yeah Mark gapped out, that happens, and tripped on his pants in Quickstep, the Rumba wasn't good, but there was Two Step in that dance and he came back having fun.
    As far as snippy comments go, Cheryl got the gears last season so it's time to blame someone if a perceived frontrunner doesn't measure up. Mark is a lot more talented than say, a Cristian de la Fuente, and it took some time for Cristian to get his groove. A lot longer than 4 weeks.

When I watched his interview, the guy found out the Friday before the Monday announcement that he was going to be on the show. Apparently he was initially supposed to be on season 10. In season's past there were practices that went on before the announcement. In season 5 for example Helio and Julianne were practising weeks before the August announcement.

Mark's great lines are a result of his martial arts and half a semester of ballet, and he's taken a total of about 3 hours of Ballroom class about 6 years ago with his wife. He's doing this show to please her, and gain new fans so he's taking everything in stride. So the expectations were pretty high for Mark from everyone, not just Lacey.

Having said that, they've been working pretty hard on the Paso, and as Gilles tweeted to Lacey this morning.. "it's crunch time, make him look great..." So we'll see.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3729807;
    "The rabid fans on the other hand ......"

Amen.

Some of this is still being played out in some of the discussions of this season.

Amazing how tenaciously we all can cling to our faves--with or without a "Good" reason to do so.

Me--I'll never desert Gilles.

Well I hope you're calling the kettle black, because MissKellyO can do no wrong..

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3729807;
    "The rabid fans on the other hand ......"

Amen.

Some of this is still being played out in some of the discussions of this season.

Amazing how tenaciously we all can cling to our faves--with or without a "Good" reason to do so.

Me--I'll never desert Gilles.
    At least there's no fan wars going on this season. Seriously, why should there be? Some people you're going to like, some you aren't, but it's not worth the energy over a show that's biggest prize is a mirror ball trophy that past winners call a piece of crap. I do think it's interesting how people can be protective of their faves no matter what people say about them. I could care less if people don't like the people I do. But I guess it's double standards all around. I'll still root for her, and should Natalie or Louie go before her, she'll get my votes.

And I still have my Gilles avvies, so if I ever need them, I'll be here

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3729875;
    At least there's no fan wars going on this season. Seriously, why should there be? Some people you're going to like, some you aren't, but it's not worth the energy over a show that's biggest prize is a mirror ball trophy that past winners call a piece of crap. I do think it's interesting how people can be protective of their faves no matter what people say about them. I could care less if people don't like the people I do. But I guess it's double standards all around. I'll still root for her, and should Natalie or Louie go before her, she'll get my votes.

And I still have my Gilles avvies, so if I ever need them, I'll be here
    I thought they received $$ incentives for each week they stayed on the show, and a big $$$ prize if they won? Can anyone confirm?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3729877;
    I thought they received $$ incentives for each week they stayed on the show, and a big $$$ prize if they won? Can anyone confirm?
    This is true; however, to a good many of the stars (throughout the past seasons) who already make or have made big bucks in their careers, the money is secondary. However, Melissa Rycroft last season was forced to quit her job, and that was her only source of income; in addition I suspect this season that several of the contenders could use the money as well. Some of them may be fighting to stay on with the financial angle significantly in mind.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Melissa Rycroft was not a celebrity and she didn't belong on this show. The reason she had quit her job was to continue famewhoring. This year at least everyone is either a Celebrity or an athlete so I have no complaints about this cast other than most can't dance.lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3729916;
    Melissa Rycroft was not a celebrity and she didn't belong on this show. The reason she had quit her job was to continue famewhoring. This year at least everyone is either a Celebrity or an athlete so I have no complaints about this cast other than most can't dance.lol
    Didn't Melissa turn down the opportunity to do the Bachelorette, and wan't it ABC that called her and asked her to do DWTS?

I'm going to take a deep breath and endeavor not to respond to you. I see no point in fighting that fight on the board again. It was nothing but unnecessarily divisive, and was one of the significant reasons I left this forum last season.

FORT Fogey

As a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader, Melissa played to an audience. As a participant on a reality show, she played to an audience. On DWTS, she played to an audience. She received attention and fame for appearing before an audience.

As a gymnast, Shawn performed or played for an audience every time she competed including during the Olympics. On DWTS, she received attention and further fame for appearing before an audience.

The athletes compete in front of a crowd and gain attention and fame for their successes. When they come on this show, they are gaining more attention and fame.

Gilles and every other actor who has ever been on this show has plied his trade for attention in front of an audience. All of those actors further vied for attention and further fame in front of an audience when they were on DWTS.

It is the same thing with every singer and performer who plays to an audience, gains attention and fame, and then comes to gain more attention and fame on DWTS.

Frankly, if we say that Melissa is a famewhore for dancing on this show for fame and attention, then I don't see how we can not apply the same title to the majority of other contenders who do the same thing.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Oh help us if being a cheerleader for an NFL team makes you a celebrity, please no more of those. How could she do Bachelorette when she had her boyfriend waiting in the wings until she felt she got the sympathy from America long enough to get a job.

+ Reply to Thread