+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 258

Thread: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #211
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    461

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    That's ridiculous. The MissKellyO has been very cruel in what she's putting out there, the Aaron incident is just the latest. Not the sweet young thing the "handlers" want you to believe. Oh, and least you think I wrote this only in response to somebody's opinion of ICA, that's pretty funny.

    I was disgusted in her when it first happened, and posted about it, but it was ignored, since people only want to believe what the show feeds you. How can the blubbering and the joy be anything but genuine? Except the crying's been going on for a few weeks now. Listen to Natalie Coughlin on the Adam Carolla podcast. It's high time to turn the waterworks off.
    Last edited by Andiemywestie; 10-17-2009 at 01:56 AM.

  2. #212
    FORT Fogey VAgirl79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,892

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    I can only speak for myself, but I thought what Kelly did about Aaron was unprofessional. That's something she could have easily addressed via direct message or text or voicemail. I feel like so many of them are at the point where it's "Aaron season" and so many are just ganging up on the easy target.

    I won't comment on what Joanna did, because I didn't see it myself. I think I already commented on what Kelly said here somewhere, and that Mark had said a half hour before that everyone was there. If not here, I'm thinking of another place I visit occasionally. I wasn't ignoring that situation; I just saw sdl's question and answered it.

    I disagree with what she did, but I do give Kelly credit for seemingly turning her life in a positive direction. She's fun to watch, and I hope she continues to do well. I voted for her once the first night, but not since. Natalie's my contestant. Kelly's certainly not perfect, but no one else on the show is either.

    Mark seems like a nice guy and is a mid-pack dancer, for me. My main problem with him in the competition has nothing to do with ICA's boringness, or him at all, really. It's his partner Lacey, whom I have never cared for. This season she's extra obnoxious and has been, IMO, downright rude and snippy to Mark. I think he could have done better with a more supportive partner.

  3. #213
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3729725;
    I can only speak for myself, but I thought what Kelly did about Aaron was unprofessional. That's something she could have easily addressed via direct message or text or voicemail. I feel like so many of them are at the point where it's "Aaron season" and so many are just ganging up on the easy target.
    But could their be a reason it's Aaron? Maks might have had perfect sense not to like the guy, and I'll even give you Tony since he's Maks BFF. But Tony also doesn't seem like the type that would call him annoying if there wasn't some truth to it. Then you have Kelly, Mark B., Lacey, Derek, and now Louis. I don't think it helps Aaron's case that he's paired with a pro that could be the female version of himself.

    Mark seems like a nice guy and is a mid-pack dancer, for me. My main problem with him in the competition has nothing to do with ICA's boringness, or him at all, really. It's his partner Lacey, whom I have never cared for. This season she's extra obnoxious and has been, IMO, downright rude and snippy to Mark. I think he could have done better with a more supportive partner.
    I also agree that I think Mark probably would have fared better with another partner. I don't know what Lacey's deal is this season, or if she only likes the Lance and Steve-O types. But she seems even more deadset on doing what she wants and making the dances about her, more so than previous seasons, and not caring if it's not traditional. Besides that, I just get the vibe that she's not interested in being there. I really hope they don't let her choreograph anymore group dances. Compared to Louis's the ladies dance was the pits.

    And for the record, I'm not ignoring anything anyone does because of the storyline the show "feeds" me. I don't think they're pushing a Kelly angle at all. I was prepared to not even like Kelly and felt so sorry Louis was stuck with her. But they're one of my favorite couples this season and am enjoying watching. Once Kelly, Louie, Natalie, and Donny are gone, this season is as good as done for me, because I have no interest in watching the others.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-17-2009 at 02:23 AM.

  4. #214
    sdl
    sdl is offline
    FORT Fogey sdl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    houston
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,657

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3729725;
    I can only speak for myself, but I thought what Kelly did about Aaron was unprofessional. That's something she could have easily addressed via direct message or text or voicemail. I feel like so many of them are at the point where it's "Aaron season" and so many are just ganging up on the easy target.

    I won't comment on what Joanna did, because I didn't see it myself. I think I already commented on what Kelly said here somewhere, and that Mark had said a half hour before that everyone was there. If not here, I'm thinking of another place I visit occasionally. I wasn't ignoring that situation; I just saw sdl's question and answered it.

    I disagree with what she did, but I do give Kelly credit for seemingly turning her life in a positive direction. She's fun to watch, and I hope she continues to do well. I voted for her once the first night, but not since. Natalie's my contestant. Kelly's certainly not perfect, but no one else on the show is either.

    Mark seems like a nice guy and is a mid-pack dancer, for me. My main problem with him in the competition has nothing to do with ICA's boringness, or him at all, really. It's his partner Lacey, whom I have never cared for. This season she's extra obnoxious and has been, IMO, downright rude and snippy to Mark. I think he could have done better with a more supportive partner.
    *************
    Gosh, wouldn't it be a dream if we, the fans seeing this objectively, could rearrange partners?
    Give Michael to Cheryl.
    Let Mya choreograph Louie Vito.
    Give Natalie to Derek and watch her really blossom.
    Mark and Kelly, like them both, but let's be serious, neither one has a chance of making the finals. Kelly because her talent is limited and Mark because he's so forgettable.
    The only thing I disagree with you on, VAgirl, is that people are taking shots at Aaron because he is a favorite. The numbers say he is the next to go, him or Michael, but they are so far behind the rest of the pack it's pretty well settled.
    It's not as clear as past seasons, but right now we've got to believe that the top 3 are Mya, Donnie, and Natalie, with Louie and Joanna nipping at their heels.
    Last edited by sdl; 10-17-2009 at 02:38 AM. Reason: mispelled word!

  5. #215
    FORT Fogey VAgirl79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,892

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Oh, I don't think Aaron's being ganged up on because he's the favorite or a favorite. I think he'll go soon as well, sdl. What I meant by "Aaron season" and "easy target" is that he was the one that Maks and a couple others started commenting on, and now it kind of feels like pile on season. Basically in the vein of, "Hey, everybody else has already ripped into him, so I'll say something too!"

    I don't know if Maks has reason to be mad at him or not. If the stuff about Aaron and Karina is true, then yes, I can see why Maks would be angry and saying things. Beyond that, I just find snarking about fellow competitors to be beneath everyone on the show. Or, it should be, anyway. Good sportsmanship and all that. If people don't like each other, they don't have to gush over them, but they don't have to publicly spar with them either, IMO.

    Although I find Mark Ballas saying anything about Aaron's "I will definitely win" comments kind of hilarious. I love Mark as a dancer, but he's not exactly the King of Humble Pie himself, what with his comments about his own "mind-blowing routines."

  6. #216
    sdl
    sdl is offline
    FORT Fogey sdl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    houston
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,657

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3729734;
    Oh, I don't think Aaron's being ganged up on because he's the favorite or a favorite. I think he'll go soon as well, sdl. What I meant by "Aaron season" and "easy target" is that he was the one that Maks and a couple others started commenting on, and now it kind of feels like pile on season. Basically in the vein of, "Hey, everybody else has already ripped into him, so I'll say something too!"

    I don't know if Maks has reason to be mad at him or not. If the stuff about Aaron and Karina is true, then yes, I can see why Maks would be angry and saying things. Beyond that, I just find snarking about fellow competitors to be beneath everyone on the show. Or, it should be, anyway. Good sportsmanship and all that. If people don't like each other, they don't have to gush over them, but they don't have to publicly spar with them either, IMO.

    Although I find Mark Ballas saying anything about Aaron's "I will definitely win" comments kind of hilarious. I love Mark as a dancer, but he's not exactly the King of Humble Pie himself, what with his comments about his own "mind-blowing routines."
    **************
    You're right. One of the cardinal rules of this show is "good sportsmanship."
    I remember reading an article about how they had a hard time recruiting for the first season, and the producers said, "you don't understand, this is not that kind of competition - everyone will be pulling for everyone else."
    That's one of the most attractive things about the show. Remember when Jason Taylor and Cristian de la Fuente were pulling for one another to win?
    There are a lot of examples like that, but I remember that as being so cool.
    Anyway, this season is off for a lot of reasons which are well known. We still love the show but look forward to a better cast, better karma, and maybe a new band!

  7. #217
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3729734;
    Oh, I don't think Aaron's being ganged up on because he's the favorite or a favorite. I think he'll go soon as well, sdl. What I meant by "Aaron season" and "easy target" is that he was the one that Maks and a couple others started commenting on, and now it kind of feels like pile on season. Basically in the vein of, "Hey, everybody else has already ripped into him, so I'll say something too!"

    I don't know if Maks has reason to be mad at him or not. If the stuff about Aaron and Karina is true, then yes, I can see why Maks would be angry and saying things. Beyond that, I just find snarking about fellow competitors to be beneath everyone on the show. Or, it should be, anyway. Good sportsmanship and all that. If people don't like each other, they don't have to gush over them, but they don't have to publicly spar with them either, IMO.

    Although I find Mark Ballas saying anything about Aaron's "I will definitely win" comments kind of hilarious. I love Mark as a dancer, but he's not exactly the King of Humble Pie himself, what with his comments about his own "mind-blowing routines."

    I can understand your point on Aaron. I'd rather everyone just keep it to themselves sometimes, but what would any reality show be without the drama and the showmances, or the very mention of them? Of course all the paps know to ask these guys 99% of the time is what the highlight of the night was, what romances are going on, who they're biggest competition is and who they'd want to sabotage backstage. But with a bland season on the TV I guess it makes it interesting knowing of potential in-fighting behind the scenes. While I'm not one to make an issue of pro and celeb swapping, I think Aaron might have benefitted differently with another partner. Someone like Cheryl or Anna T. would have probably cut him in half in about 2 seconds, and likely wouldn't agree with his quotes to the media. I don't know Karina's take obviously, except for the Chelsie crush which she started. But while Cheryl had/has a reputation as a party girl and a popular paps target, on the show she seems all business and treats this as she would if it were an official competition. True, I may find her overrated and am tired of her, but I can't ignore her teaching method and success. I think Karina takes the show seriously, but in Aaron I think she sees a good dancer and ignores anything else that could hurt his chances. She loves the spotlight and if having a controversial celeb gets her more press I'm sure she wouldn't object. She doesn't seem to take well to criticism and I don't think she applies it. Her method seems to be 'listen to me and no one else'.

    I'll also agree on Mark, who's probably the king of outdancing his partners and camera hogging. And then there's Derek, who compared Donny's fake kiss to Bruno to the antics of Cloris Leachman-this from the same guy who on the same night swung onstage like Tarzan And Mark looked mad last year when he and Shawn got low scores, and has complained about some of the scores and criticism he and MJH have gotten so far this year. That 10 this past week was a gift.

  8. #218
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,046

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3729659;
    I love this. A bunch of double standards. If Joanna Krupa or Aaron Carter does this sort of ridiculous undermining of another contestant then oh, it's not a good thing. Why? because they're just icky.

    But if "all of a sudden" golden girl Kelly does it then all is forgiven. And she's young, and she needs rehab.. what a load the show is shovelling and people are buying..

    That chick is a cyber bully and totally unprofessional.

    It is my personal opinion and impression that Kelly is working very hard to overcome her problems with self-confidence.

    I don't care what she did/did not "tweet" about someone.

    If the ostensible tweet is the only thing that supposedly makes her a "brat"--well nope I'm not buying that.

    We all have our own opinions and impressions of the dancers.

    We all have our faves.


    To me Kelly's work and attitude are inspiring me as I start something entirely new in my life.

    That's it--my opinion and my impression.

    Just about as valid IMO as anyone else's.



    BTW--I did not see the Osborne reailty show so I did not have any impression of her on that.

    It was what 3-4 years ago?

    As a person in her formative years she no doubt has changed--and quite possibly developed and grown since then.

    I only can go by what I see of her--the person she is now.

    That's my opinion and impression.

  9. #219
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,987

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3729737;
    **************
    You're right. One of the cardinal rules of this show is "good sportsmanship."
    I remember reading an article about how they had a hard time recruiting for the first season, and the producers said, "you don't understand, this is not that kind of competition - everyone will be pulling for everyone else."
    That's one of the most attractive things about the show. Remember when Jason Taylor and Cristian de la Fuente were pulling for one another to win?
    There are a lot of examples like that, but I remember that as being so cool.
    Anyway, this season is off for a lot of reasons which are well known. We still love the show but look forward to a better cast, better karma, and maybe a new band!
    Last season is a perfect example, sdl. I sincerely believe that the fans cared boocoodles more who won than Shawn, Gilles, or Melissa did! No mistaking it, those 3 truly cared, but in the scheme of things winning wasn't the be all or even the biggest factor.
    Gilles was "eyeing" those ty parts and furthering his career, Shawn was further padding her name and reputation, and Melissa was filling in an empy space in her life with the chance to see if something in an entertainment field came open.
    I am convinced that while all three of them would have liked to have won, they were content and happy at that point with what had already taken place in their lives up to that point.
    The rabid fans on the other hand ......
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

  10. #220
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,046

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    "The rabid fans on the other hand ......"

    Amen.

    Some of this is still being played out in some of the discussions of this season.


    Amazing how tenaciously we all can cling to our faves--with or without a "Good" reason to do so.

    Me--I'll never desert Gilles.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.