+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

That's a good way of putting it! Frankly I don't think he's done anything awful either. I didn't even care about his claims that he was going to win, I would expect the celebs to say things like that at the beginning of the season to get some press and play up the drama.

There only seems to be one cardinal rule to this show: Don't lose your sense of humor. When a celeb does that, the audience can smell blood in the water, and that celeb won't be long for the show. He's taking things too seriously, that's all.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Aaron's been a rumor to appear on the show for a few seasons now. Since many stars in his shoes see it as an opportunity to revive their careers, I can see why he'd go for it. However, I think nearly every star has a different expectation about how it's going to go. Some go in thinking they'll be the viewer fave, but get upstaged by someone else that isn't as good of a dancer but likeable to watch. They give a performance they think the audience will enjoy, but the judges criticize it. I think anyone on here should be off limits, whether it's young Shawn Johnson, or Cloris Leachman. They come on the show knowing that it'll get them press, just maybe not the press they wanted. I don't think anyone should be given more or less credit because they're a better or worse dancer than the next person.

I know Debi mentioned it was hard for her and Maks at times because of his break up with Karina. And the show purposely would have the two couples rehearsing next to each other, which I'm sure just poured salt in the open wounds. Regardless, Maks and Karina knew what they were getting into when they stayed on despite their break up, and if its taking it's toll on Aaron then I agree, he should quit. If any of this is getting to Aaron mentally or emotionally he should quit. But everyone's got their sob stories. I think he was a kid spoiled by fame and success that he no longer has.

My not liking Aaron goes back prior to him being on DWTS. And after seeing him on the show and reading different interviews with him, I like him even less.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3727516;
    Bloomers,
    I respect your opinion and am also prepared to back off of Aaron for the time being, since it is starting to sound like we are picking on a cripple.
    But could someone please detail exactly what happened to Aaron to create these "abandonment issues?" I don't see that he was locked in a closet or left in the streets to fend for himself. If it turns out that his parents divorced, or he had a mean father.....then brother, join the club and stop the self pity, because you have a lot of company.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but he has a famous brother who would have been subjected to the same "abandonment" and I've never seen him cry over nothing.
    I think it is possible that the guy is just very self absorbed and immature, and maybe we need to end the pity party and tell him to grow up.

SDL--hi. I usually agree with you but I am going to disagree this time to this extent--human beings are individuals and no two of us are alike.

In any given family no two children react in the same way to family events because each child is different and has different brain hook-ups and a different family (and emotional) environment they were born into.

There's a saying that goes something like--"Each child is born into a different family"--meaning that families go through different things at different times in their history--

--so that no two children experience the same kind of family.

In our own family of the five of us no two of us has reacted the same to a big family crisis. Something I didn't understand uintil I grew up enough to realize that the younger kids were born "after" a big crisis--and they reacted differently (and there was a a different emotional effect) than those of us who were born before the crisis.

That realization it when Iw as talking with one of my sibs about the family member who had been the one who had the crisis hit them. I thought to myself--it's as though we are talking about two different people. And it occurred to me that we actually knew that family member as two different people--oone from before trhe crisis and the other from after the crisis.

It was as though we were literally in two different families.

And even those of us born before the crisis reacted differently from each other.

It can be a mistake to expect two people in a family to have the same reactions merely because they share some--not all--the same genes. Even identical twins react differently to situations and enviroments.

(End of disgreeing with you. I'll go back to agreeing with almost all your posts. )

BTW--I am not an Aaron fan. Just sharing some info on families.
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 10-14-2009 at 09:56 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3727593;
    I'm not specifically sticking up for Aaron, but you can't necessarily tell the whole story from the overview. I have abandonment issues myself (though I'm a lot less crazy at 50 than I was at 20) based on my childhood. One specific event: my parents split up and my mother moved out. Several months later I came home from school to find a note on the table from my father tell us that he had moved to England. My mother came home three days later, leaving fourteen year old me and my twelve year old sister to fend for ourselves. She didn't want to come home, but I imagine it would not have looked good to the neighbours. Anyway, we spent three days alone - big freakin' deal most people would say. However, that single three day period of being parentless was pretty much a summary of the quality of the parenting we received over the course of our lives. It really is difficult to tell what things are like beneath the surface, and quite honestly I don't have a lot of respect for the parenting abilities of most (not all, most) parents who allow/push their kids into show business.

Rattus--hi. I am so sorry that happened to you.

While our crises/traumatic events are different I can understand how such an event--even a "short one" (from outsiders' point of view) can have a huge impact on children.

Our own crisis involved a parent disappearing from the family because they were suddenly in the hospital and the docs were telling us we would never see that parent again.

It really doesn't matter what happened afterwards (in fact it was many years ofd chronic illness which completely changed the parent and how they interacted with their children and the world) but the shock of suddenly thinking at a very young age that were would never see that parent again completely rearranged hiow each of us viewed and perceived our world and everything that happened to us afterwards.

I think most peopl edo not know about the research that has shown that crisis/emergency/traumatic situations can actually change the physical hook-ups and metabolic functioning of the brain--especially in children.

No crisis/traumatic is just a momentary thing.

It often has lifetime implications and effects both emotional and intellectual as well as physical

And can take years to be udnerstood and accepted and "overcome."

The number of people happy with Aaron being in the bottom 2 kind of surprised me. I haven't been following the boards or the online news so much this season, so I haven't been that aware of what's been going on. I only found out about two weeks ago that Maks and Karina had broken up, and it was only late last week when I first read about the Karina-Aaron rumors.

I'm not sure if it's online anywhere, but I'd suggest that anyone wondering about Aaron's family background and issues should try and find clips of House of Carters, the reality show E! did a couple years ago that focused on the siblings while they all lived together. I was a huge BSB fan when I was in high school (which was when they were a huge deal), so I've long since known about the issues in that family. But still, the HoC show was, at times, just so sad and depressing to watch. I think seeing that and having a view of Aaron within his family context can give some a better idea of what's really up with him and a better idea of where all of the emotions/attitudes come from.

Either way, it's sad. I remember roughly 11 years ago when I saw BSB in concert, and he was the opening act. He would have been about 10 at that time. So sad to think back at the image of a lively, young little boy and think about all that's happened since then.

I did watch House of Carters and it really was depressing to see so many young lives messed up by bad parenting. Nick is basically the only father these kids know. The kids are just left to their own devices and Aaron was doing drugs at the time and not in a good place. I just think the media and the coverage is not good for him. I truly believe he did it for a chance at making money again because he has no other options.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3728205;
    I did watch House of Carters and it really was depressing to see so many young lives messed up by bad parenting. Nick is basically the only father these kids know. The kids are just left to their own devices and Aaron was doing drugs at the time and not in a good place. I just think the media and the coverage is not good for him. I truly believe he did it for a chance at making money again because he has no other options.
    MsDiva--hi.

That sounds really bad.

Can you or someone give us a more detailed idea of what the parents did/didn't do to to/for them?

Thanks for any info.

If I recall the 5 kids are sort of estranged from the parents. The parents have been accused of stealing money from the kids as their managers. I think the estrangement began in about 2005. On house of carters one of the sisters was drunk most of the time, Aaron was high most of the time and all of he kids basically depended on Nick as the parent. If you google house of carters or nick or AAron you will find out alot. I guess once the money stopped rolling in the parents quit parenting.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3728051;
    SDL--hi. I usually agree with you but I am going to disagree this time to this extent--human beings are individuals and no two of us are alike.
    Wind Dancer,
    Please don't ever feel the need to apologize for disagreeing with me.
    I deleted the rest of your post, for the sake of space, but read it several times and thought about it. I value your opinions, and always question my own.
    For the record, I've decided to back off of Aaron - maybe I've got a soft spot for people getting pummeled - even if I participated in the pummeling.
    The guy has been knocked down in many ways. Let's see if he can get up before entering final judgment on his character.
    Warning to Aaron: you'd better bring it this week, big time, to overcome the hole you dug for yourself. But if you do, I'll be cheering you on.
    If not, then perhaps you should seek another line of work.

The best context I can think of about everything with Aaron is the second episode of that show. If you search "Carter Dearest part 1" in YouTube, that episode will come up. Just a small window into how screwed up things were and have been for a long time for those siblings.

Even looking back at DWTS' results show and the one before it, part of me wonders if Aaron's reactions aren't so much to this show and what's happening as they are to what's happened in his life. Kind of all bubbling up to the surface, maybe.

+ Reply to Thread