+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I guess I'm cold and harsh. When I turn on the TV I want to be entertained and I will form opinions about those I see on a reality show. Chuck was entertaining to me - perhaps in part because I really enjoyed watching him with his partner and their interactions. No, he wasn't the best dancer and he had no chance to "win." Aaron irritates me. Big time. I also can't stand his pro, Karina. Therefore, even though Aaron's a better dancer, I would've preferred to see more Chuck and to say "Buh-Byee" to Aaron. Heartless as I am, I think if he has "issues" he needs to get therapy, not bug me on TV.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3727575;
    I guess I'm cold and harsh. When I turn on the TV I want to be entertained and I will form opinions about those I see on a reality show. Chuck was entertaining to me - perhaps in part because I really enjoyed watching him with his partner and their interactions. No, he wasn't the best dancer and he had no chance to "win." Aaron irritates me. Big time. I also can't stand his pro, Karina. Therefore, even though Aaron's a better dancer, I would've preferred to see more Chuck and to say "Buh-Byee" to Aaron. Heartless as I am, I think if he has "issues" he needs to get therapy, not bug me on TV.
    You know, even though as an educator I am going to obviously differ in opinion from you on that one, at the same time I am having absolutely no trouble understanding and respecting your opinion as well.

I enjoy being impacted in some kind of a positive way when I watch TV. If the nature of a show causes me to feel down when I watch it, I don't particularly want to feed on it as there is enough of that in the rest of life as it is.

We're good!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3727533;
    Checked out Aaron's back story:
    1. His parents divorced.
    2. The household was tense because they argued about money.
    3. He claimed his Mom ripped him off when he was a child star, but dropped the suit a few months later, they reconciled, and all was well.
    4. He started dating his brother's girlfriend (Paris Hilton) when Nick was away, and that caused brief tension between them.
    5. He dated and broke up with Hillary Duff and Lindsey Lohan.
    6. He was "abandoned" in a Texas jail for less than 24 hours when arrested for possession of marijuana.
    That's it. Sad story, Aaron. Now stop the pathetic self pity, grow up, and act like a man. I wish I had your life...except that I would live it with more dignity.
    I'm not specifically sticking up for Aaron, but you can't necessarily tell the whole story from the overview. I have abandonment issues myself (though I'm a lot less crazy at 50 than I was at 20) based on my childhood. One specific event: my parents split up and my mother moved out. Several months later I came home from school to find a note on the table from my father tell us that he had moved to England. My mother came home three days later, leaving fourteen year old me and my twelve year old sister to fend for ourselves. She didn't want to come home, but I imagine it would not have looked good to the neighbours. Anyway, we spent three days alone - big freakin' deal most people would say. However, that single three day period of being parentless was pretty much a summary of the quality of the parenting we received over the course of our lives. It really is difficult to tell what things are like beneath the surface, and quite honestly I don't have a lot of respect for the parenting abilities of most (not all, most) parents who allow/push their kids into show business.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I was actually glad to see Aaron stay.
    I think he has a lot more potential than some of the others and I don't get all the hate being directed at him.
    I was sorry to see Chuck go, as I really enjoyed seeing him dance and show that "softer" side. I'm sure it was pretty difficult for him.
    And, as much as I really do like Louie, based on his dancing, or lack thereof doing the 2 step, I felt he should have been the one to go.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3727575;
    This is sort of my view, although I do recognize that we form opinions about these people knowing almost nothing about them. What we do know is fed to us through a tiny filter called the media.
    Therefore, I almost always reserve the right to be proven wrong.
    I think Aaron is a self absorbed little worm, but I don't really know him so that could change.
    I think Natalie is a nice person and great role model (with incredible legs), but I don't actually know her and that could change.
    I think Mya is a complete fraud, but that is based on loads of publicly available information, so I don't think it will change.

FORT Fanatic

Well on a happier note, latest Twitter from Mark Dacascos is a little more upbeat:

All the couples are here, about to learn and rehearse the Hustle, great energy in the room, we're all a bunch of crazy characters, fun!
    about 1 hour ago from Blackbird

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3727479;
    Karalott,

Where was this said about Aaron C., on tv, in interviews? Just wondering since I missed last night's show.

Thanks.
    Tony's was a radio interview, the rest were all in print. I'll go see if I can dig them up.

I don't think you're cold and harsh at all. I see Aaron as a spoiled, entitled, money grubbing little brat. He got spoiled the first couple of weeks and let his attitude shine and cooked up the Aaron/Chelsie love plot and broadcast it out there. Now he's had unfavorable things said about him and even the judges have fallen out of love and I think are referring more to his ego than his actual dancing. Louie may have been the only one to crack a joke about his crying, but you can't tell me everyone else wasn't rolling their eyes. He got a stinking 6 and has to get comforted by Michael whose gotten plenty of 6's, 5's, and 4's. Chuck/Anna were a lot more fun to watch, I don't care if Chuck did drag Anna all over the floor. They had a great spirit and attitude and this was so far out of his element he was really enjoying himself. I'm glad they at least went out on a high note, because I think that dance was one of the more enjoyable of the night.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-14-2009 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3727680;
    This is sort of my view, although I do recognize that we form opinions about these people knowing almost nothing about them. What we do know is fed to us through a tiny filter called the media.
    Therefore, I almost always reserve the right to be proven wrong.
    I think Aaron is a self absorbed little worm, but I don't really know him so that could change.
    I think Natalie is a nice person and great role model (with incredible legs), but I don't actually know her and that could change.
    I think Mya is a complete fraud, but that is based on loads of publicly available information, so I don't think it will change.
    So how do you really feel, sdl?

Keep on opining, I have a lot of respect for you.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3727549;
    Frankly, I'm not selling a "poor little Aaron story." It just happens to be my personal take on him from my perspective as a fairly nasty trial lawyer in my day job for about four decades. In my older years, in part thanks to lessons learned on the ballroom dance floor, I try to have a little more compassion for people than I did when I was younger. Professionally speaking, I think he has unrealized talent, and that is how I look at him on DWTS.
    I respect your opinion. However, coming from a background where divorced parents were the least of the problems (physical and mental abuse, and true abandonment, among other nasty things that I don't care to go into) and having then spent a lot of time with people in similar situations, I cannot feel sorry for him.

I reserve my compassion for people who are situations that are beyond their control, that I feel truly deserve it. Not for people who have hurt feelings because what they have done or said of their own free will came back to bite them in the butt.

Aaron chose a public life, he chose to be on DWTS, he chose to make those comments about winning and then cry in the interview when he got a bad score. Those are all choices he made, not things that happened to him outside of his control. When someone makes those choices and puts themselves in a position where they know they will be judged, they shouldn't be upset or hurt when they are judged.

I watch DWTS for entertainment, and that includes looking at people who put themselves on display. I don't just dislike Aaron, I'm not singling him out. I also dislike Joanna for other reasons. I'm entitled my opinion about them all, and to like or dislike them based on what I see on DWTS. That's part of what makes up any TV show, reality or otherwise, the ability to like or dislike the characters and either be interested in seeing them soar, or fall.

I come from an abusive home with an alcoholic, mentally ill single parent. Foster homes, empty cupboards, beatings with a belt, men parading in and out on an hourly basis, mental abuse, dirt poor, and the list goes on.......and I'm nothing like Aaron. So, it's hard for me to dig deep and feel sorry for him.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread