+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I doubt that Karina was the best pick for Aaron's Pro partner. I don't find her empathetic or compassionate at all. He's like a frisky puppy with tons of energy, much like Cody was, but Julianne was able to harness that energy and get him to grow as a dancer. I wish Karina could do the same with Aaron.

I'm sad to see Chuck go, I know he's not a great dancer, but I like him-he's got a great attitude. I thought it would be Louie.

Next week's dances are my all time fave, the Paso Doble and the Argentine Tango. I can't wait to see how the pairs do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3727382;
    Can't say that Chuck was a special fave of mine--but I think his pro did NOT do much of anything to teach him how to dance.

As I said somewhere on this site in the last several days--that video of them in rehearsal with Chuck just walking around ahd his pro saying "That's great! Wonderful!" said it all in terms of her not teaching him anything except to be a prop for her.

Very disappointing because I really think that Chuck--like most high-level athletes--could have done much much better--if he'd had the right coaching/instruction.

Too bad he didn't get Cheryl. She knows how to work with athletes and give them what they need to succeed.
    I don't think it's accurate to say that Anna. T. can't work well with atheletes. In season 2 she had Jerry Rice and they made it all the way to
    2nd place losing only to Drew and Cheryl. There was some great competition that season and they came a long way against people who were more naturally gifted. Actually, though it was a long time ago, I seem to remember huge, dramatic improvement in Jerry over the course of the show. Anna T. is a sweetheart (though a firey redhead) and is a great teacher. Anna D. (who is also sweet, I'm sure) hasn't proven to me to be a good teacher or one who knows how to get the best from her partner,

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3727524;
    I don't think it's accurate to say that Anna. T. can't work well with atheletes. In season 2 she had Jerry Rice and they made it all the way to
    2nd place losing only to Drew and Cheryl. There was some great competition that season and they came a long way against people who were more naturally gifted. Actually, though it was a long time ago, I seem to remember huge, dramatic improvement in Jerry over the course of the show. Anna T. is a sweetheart (though a firey redhead) and is a great teacher. Anna D. (who is also sweet, I'm sure) hasn't proven to me to be a good teacher or one who knows how to get the best from her partner,
    To me the most entertaining mismatch not made was Mya and Maks. There is no way under the sun that Maks would have let Mya be the pro, choreograph, direct or lead the dance. There would have been fireworks for sure.
    I think somebody majorally messed up on that one as far as entertainment value goes.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3727517;
    Yeah I guess the poor little me stuff only works when you have a publicity machine behind you like Kelly Osbourne does. She was an insufferable brat on the Osbournes show...Carter is just a douche bag and who cares about his back story. So different when you get the right handlers. They both have drug problems, they both have parental issues...
    Checked out Aaron's back story:
    1. His parents divorced.
    2. The household was tense because they argued about money.
    3. He claimed his Mom ripped him off when he was a child star, but dropped the suit a few months later, they reconciled, and all was well.
    4. He started dating his brother's girlfriend (Paris Hilton) when Nick was away, and that caused brief tension between them.
    5. He dated and broke up with Hillary Duff and Lindsey Lohan.
    6. He was "abandoned" in a Texas jail for less than 24 hours when arrested for possession of marijuana.
    That's it. Sad story, Aaron. Now stop the pathetic self pity, grow up, and act like a man. I wish I had your life...except that I would live it with more dignity.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3727517;
    Yeah I guess the poor little me stuff only works when you have a publicity machine behind you like Kelly Osbourne does. She was an insufferable brat on the Osbournes show...Carter is just a douche bag and who cares about his back story. So different when you get the right handlers. They both have drug problems, they both have parental issues...
    Well, the thing is, I hated Kelly on the Osbournes too (not that I really watched, but the couple times I happened to see it she was a complete idiot). And the thing I like so much about her on DWTS is that I didn't expect to like her. I didn't expect her to be dignified or graceful or likeable, but she is.

OTOH, I didn't know anything about Aaron Carter before the show started and don't really understand why everyone hates him so much. But he hasn't impressed me much on DWTS. His attitude is bad, his dancing has gone downhill from his good performance the first week, and he's being kind of a baby about his low scores.

Bottom line: Anyone who is a child star is going to have issues. Children of stars who aren't stars themselves are going to have issues as well. They have plenty of things to deal with that most normal people know very little about (parental neglect, drug issues, parents divorced multiple times, etc). But we sometimes forget that those kids have advantages that most normal people don't, as well. They often get the chance to see the world, to meet people and experience things that most people don't. They don't ever have to worry about where their next meal or pair of shoes is going to come from, and, if they choose to take advantage of it, they have access to educational opportunities that I couldn't even dream of. So while I do feel bad for them sometimes, my pity definitely has limits. And the "Hollywood children" I like and respect the most are always the ones who manage to stay centered through everything (think Kirk and Candace Cameron, among others) or who overcome their trials and obstacles to become responsible, functioning adults, either in or out of Hollywood. Not the ones who whine about their terrible lives.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3727533;
    1. His parents divorced.
    3. He claimed his Mom ripped him off when he was a child star, but dropped the suit a few months later, they reconciled, and all was well.
    4. He started dating his brother's girlfriend (Paris Hilton) when Nick was away, and that caused brief tension between them.
    6. He was "abandoned" in a Texas jail for less than 24 hours when arrested for possession of marijuana.
    That's it. Sad story, Aaron. Now stop the pathetic self pity, grow up, and act like a man. I wish I had your life...except that I would live it with more dignity.
    That's the bare bones, skeleton, edition. However, regardless of what all happened, if he is going to be in the limelight in a competitive entertainment business, he is going to have to toughen up with his emotions. He simply has to do it or find something else to do with his life.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3727510;
    I'm not buying the poor little Aaron story. There are plenty of people who have it a lot worse than he has, and they don't go around crying about it. He's 21, not a child, and has lived enough in the public eye to know better. In my opinion, his crying was an attempt to garner sympathy and votes. It didn't work, so he stopped doing it. I hope he is gone next week, I would rather see Michael than Aaron.

I'm going to miss the fun that Chuck and Anna Trebunskaya brought to the show. She was great with Chuck, and I hope they bring her back more often.
    Frankly, I'm not selling a "poor little Aaron story." It just happens to be my personal take on him from my perspective as a fairly nasty trial lawyer in my day job for about four decades. In my older years, in part thanks to lessons learned on the ballroom dance floor, I try to have a little more compassion for people than I did when I was younger. Professionally speaking, I think he has unrealized talent, and that is how I look at him on DWTS.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3727549;
    Frankly, I'm not selling a "poor little Aaron story." It just happens to be my personal take on him from my perspective as a fairly nasty trial lawyer in my day job for about four decades. In my older years, in part thanks to lessons learned on the ballroom dance floor, I try to have a little more compassion for people than I did when I was younger. Professionally speaking, I think he has unrealized talent, and that is how I look at him on DWTS.
    I, of course, am not a professional dancer, but that is what I was trying to say when I indicated that in my state and in a region with adequate funding, a kid like Aaron would be tested as an exceptionality for EC help plus placement in the Gifted/Talented program ( probabally for ability in the Arts - voice and dance).

FORT Fanatic

1. His parents divorced.
    sdl
    Fair enough. But here's the thing. Aaron in my estimation has really less guidance or publicists or whomever than Kelly does. That girl swears like a drunken sailor and can be quite the bossy diva, but she doesn't let it show on camera. Kelly is being handled with kidd gloves, but Aaron's being a douche and a crybaby and let's have the world ridicule him for it. Did we really have to see Michael comforting him? Really? Even his own brother said he wasn't going to vote for him.

I don't know. I just think without a support system you flounder. Kelly's been thrown a lifeline, and Carter has been thrown to the wolves.
    Last edited by Andiemywestie; 10-14-2009 at 12:56 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3727556;
    Fair enough. But here's the thing. Aaron in my estimation has really less guidance or publicists or whomever than Kelly does. That girl swears like a drunken sailor and can be quite the diva, but she doesn't let it show on camera. Kelly is being handled with kidd gloves, but Aaron's being a douche and a crybaby and let's have the world ridicule him for it. Even his own brother said he wasn't going to vote for him.

I don't know. I just think without a support system you flounder.
    Kelly's been thrown a lifeline, and Carter has been thrown to the wolves.
    Aaron's own brother won't vote for him, and Kelly's family is in the audience pulling for her. There you go.....

I don't have to like somebody or his/her attitude, but that doesn't wipe out the existence and its very possible influence of reality upon that person's life.

Sometimes having understanding and compassion and dealing with the impact of a person's negative attitude and behavior becomes a real juggling act.

+ Reply to Thread