+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3727382;
    Too bad he didn't get Cheryl. She knows how to work with athletes and give them what they need to succeed.
    I think this is the key for some of these "stars" getting hooked up with a GREAT pro. A good instructor/partner can make the novice look terrific, I think that some of the younger pro's are not able to help the star along (or at least suck up the bad postures/footwork) enough to make them look good.

I love Lacey and Chelsea (loved them on SYTYCD)..but I don't think they are strong enough to make their partners look good. JMHO

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3727402;
    While I'd like to believe otherwise, I think Chuck has probably learned more about dance than he really cared to. Can we say he had anything left to prove to himself, the producers or his MMA buddies? No...not for me.

And now my one and only season 9 rant, I promise...

Aaron is in an entirely different situation. The last couple of weeks must we very difficult life lessons for him, with him no doubt feeling somewhat abandoned by the judges and fans alike. Given the age at which his parents "abandoned" him and his siblings through their divorce, I'm sure DWTS is not exactly the experience he was hoping for. As one who believes in hope and redemption as much as I believe in the power of dance, I would like him to have a week or two of better dance, supportive commentary from the judges, and just a little warmth, understanding and appreciation from fans of the show. I doubt I would be voting for him, but I'll endeavor to throw a kind word to two in his direction, if deserved.

Next week's dance card is interesting with a couple of celebs facing routines which will require them to be equal to their dance partner. Natalie faces a very tough challenge because she appears to be unable to project a believable romantic chemistry. It is both tough and very unfair that she must find her "inner slut," or at least act the part convincingly. As "KatesMom" appropriately notes, Natalie "is a classy, beautiful, sweet, talented woman..." With the exception of the waltz, Charleston, foxtrot and two-step, these dances all spring from our darker side, and to be fully convincing, must have a believable sensual quality on the border of "R" rated. That is exactly what the judges saw from Joanna and Derek this week and what the others, especially Natalie, must find. Anything else is really just playing at the dance.

When I realized that at 21 Aaron truly was not faking the crying over receiving a "6" - which let's face it this year ( compared to last year) appears to be much more the norm - as an educator I quickly realized something is not quite right with him.
    He is a young MAN, not a child of 9 or 10. We have never seen a young man his age cry over any score; therefore, I decided it was time for me to back off of Aaron.

Gentle snarking when everything is on the up and up is one thing, but when there are significant emotional or physical issues goes against the caring part of me.

Aaron is by far not the worst dancer out there. If his dancing was too frantic, that was in part Karina's fault. Unlike Mya and Dimitry, as the pro Karina is the one who is choreographing and directing the dance and the dance moves. Also, he did appear to be dancing to the beat of the music - the music was fast to me . Also, he appeared to be well capable of hunching and bunching with the best of them in keeping with the spirit of that (in my opinion) tacky dance the Lambada which in some cases is nothing more than doing the limbo on top of each other.

Although I do not like his past attitudes, I do think I am in favor of Aaron getting another go at next week. I think that personality aside, he should be somewhere in the top half rather than in the bottom half.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3727418;
    When I realized that at 21 Aaron truly was not faking the crying over receiving a "6" - which let's face it this year ( compared to last year) appears to be much more the norm - as an educator I quickly realized something is not quite right with him.
    He is a young MAN, not a child of 9 or 10. We have never seen a young man his age cry over any score; therefore, I decided it was time for me to back off of Aaron.

Gentle snarking when everything is on the up and up is one thing, but when there are significant emotional or physical issues goes against the caring part of me.

Aaron is by far not the worst dancer out there. If his dancing was too frantic, that was in part Karina's fault. Unlike Mya and Dimitry, as the pro Karina is the one who is choreographing and directing the dance and the dance moves. Also, he did appear to be dancing to the beat of the music - the music was fast to me . Also, he appeared to be well capable of hunching and bunching with the best of them in keeping with the spirit of that (in my opinion) tacky dance the Lambada which in some cases is nothing more than doing the limbo on top of each other.

Although I do not like his past attitudes, I do think I am in favor of Aaron getting another go at next week. I think that personality aside, he should be somewhere in the top half rather than in the bottom half.

Bloomers--hi.

What an interesting post! Your ideas made me think about Aaron and his crying.

And I wonder--he's been a performer for a number of years--hasn't he? I mean since he was 9 or 10? And he's had great success previously as a performer?

I wonder if the crying came because he expects himself to always do well--as he has always done well in his life up to this point.

Perhaps this event of his NOT doing well at something is a shock to him. One of those shocks that makes us grow up in ways we did not expect.

What do you think? Could this be an example of his finally having to face some of the extreme kinds of disappointments most people face in their lives--and which he has not heretofore had to face?

I'd be very interested in your ideas--as well as the ideas of others--about this possibility.

Thanks for any feedback on this.

Originally Posted by catzy
    wowie ... who is he putting down??

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan;3727009;
    He said something like: over the top, Donny Osmond is over the top. The thing about being over the top, you can be either entertaining (which I think Donny is, well, except for planting a kiss on Bruno, yuck) or assinine. Guess which one you are, Aaron?
    Ac needs to stop talking about other people and worry about himself, HELLO.

DO is a little over the top but bottom line is that DO is dancing better than AC, has for the past 2 weeks. It's not DO's personality that is getting him the votes but his dancing, he did dance very well.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3727283;
    Aaron seems to be one of the most disliked contestants on this show ever. And that's with the pros and contestants that are competing with him. Tony thinks he's annoying, Maks, Derek, Kelly, and the two Marks called him out and said he was arrogant, cocky, annoying and obnoxious. Mark B. and Kelly were especially put off by his comments about winning. No one seemed to defend him and say he was joking. I also didn't like how Aaron/Karina openly talked about his crush on Chelsie, how he was going to ask her out, and how she turned him down. How awkward for Chelsie to put her in that spot. And some people think it was potentially to drive a wedge between Louie/Chelsie knowing Aaron wouldn't give up and to take away from his comments week 1. Considering Maks/Karina's break up and the rumors flying about a romance between Aaron/Karina, considering they all see what's really going on, it's possible they don't care for him based on all of that, either. Karina's got a new blog and she doesn't seem to get where the dislike and criticism is coming from. But it's Karina.
    Karalott,

Where was this said about Aaron C., on tv, in interviews? Just wondering since I missed last night's show.

Thanks.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3727458;
    Bloomers--hi.

What an interesting post! Your ideas made me think about Aaron and his crying.

And I wonder--he's been a performer for a number of years--hasn't he? I mean since he was 9 or 10? And he's had great success previously as a performer?

I wonder if the crying came because he expects himself to always do well--as he has always done well in his life up to this point.

Perhaps this event of his NOT doing well at something is a shock to him. One of those shocks that makes us grow up in ways we did not expect.

What do you think? Could this be an example of his finally having to face some of the extreme kinds of disappointments most people face in their lives--and which he has not heretofore had to face?

I'd be very interested in your ideas--as well as the ideas of others--about this possibility.

Thanks for any feedback on this.
    It was mentioned in an earlier post that Aaron had abandonment issues from childhood. In our society with all of its problems, there are many kids in the classroom who have been identified as emotionally conflicted and many more who haven't been but are just the same.
    Generally, by the time EC kids ( sometimes called ED) are 21, they are better able to mask their emotions than Aaron; however, he has lived in a more public environment than most, and you are right. There has been an awful lot of pressure on him to excell. In addition, we have no idea how much pressure he would put on himself regardless of these outside issues.
    I was not a psychomotrist who educationally tested kids for eligibility into special programs, but I was pretty fair at recognizing exceptionalities. Where I am an educator, in an area with the funds Aaron would be tested for eligibility as EC/Gifted (emotionally conflicted- gifted/talented either intellectually or in the arts).
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3727479;
    Karalott,

Where was this said about Aaron C., on tv, in interviews? Just wondering since I missed last night's show.

Thanks.
    I'd like to know too. Mark Dacascos as far as I know has said nothing about Aaron...when someone posted Aaron's boast on his twitter that he was going to win the show, no if's and's or buts...Mark's only reply was "we're all working hard, and time will tell..." I don't think that's calling anybody out.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I'm not buying the poor little Aaron story. There are plenty of people who have it a lot worse than he has, and they don't go around crying about it. He's 21, not a child, and has lived enough in the public eye to know better. In my opinion, his crying was an attempt to garner sympathy and votes. It didn't work, so he stopped doing it. I hope he is gone next week, I would rather see Michael than Aaron.

I'm going to miss the fun that Chuck and Anna Trebunskaya brought to the show. She was great with Chuck, and I hope they bring her back more often.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3727418;

Bloomers,
    I respect your opinion and am also prepared to back off of Aaron for the time being, since it is starting to sound like we are picking on a cripple.
    But could someone please detail exactly what happened to Aaron to create these "abandonment issues?" I don't see that he was locked in a closet or left in the streets to fend for himself. If it turns out that his parents divorced, or he had a mean father.....then brother, join the club and stop the self pity, because you have a lot of company.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but he has a famous brother who would have been subjected to the same "abandonment" and I've never seen him cry over nothing.
    I think it is possible that the guy is just very self absorbed and immature, and maybe we need to end the pity party and tell him to grow up.

FORT Fanatic

Yeah I guess the poor little me stuff only works when you have a publicity machine behind you like Kelly Osbourne does. She was an insufferable brat on the Osbournes show...Carter is just a douche bag and who cares about his back story. So different when you get the right handlers. They both have drug problems, they both have parental issues...

+ Reply to Thread