+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 258

Thread: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #91
    sdl
    sdl is offline
    FORT Fogey sdl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    houston
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,657

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3727266;
    Or there are just enough of us cowboys and NFL fans to keep him around for awhile. Michael is a likeable and courteous man and people like that.
    ***********
    I love Michael...funny, tries hard, great attitude, gracious, nice guy. Honestly, I still think the guy is capable of a breakout round.
    The only reason I suggested that there might be other issues with him not being eliminated thus far is because every fan poll I've seen, and some are incredibly accurate, had him at the bottom - as did the judges' scoring.
    And we know that they have made these deals in the past.
    Guess we'll never really know.
    Last edited by sdl; 10-14-2009 at 01:30 AM.

  2. #92
    sdl
    sdl is offline
    FORT Fogey sdl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    houston
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,657

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3727270;
    I was hoping for AAron to go also. I was also set to count the seconds until he or Karina lost control and threw a fit,lol. So close.
    **************
    Aaron snidely predicting that he would win this deal after the first week was the worst headline since, "Dewey Beats Truman."

  3. #93
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,657

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3727272;
    ***********
    I love Michael...funny, tries hard, great attitude, gracious, nice guy.
    The only reason I suggested that there might be other issues with him not being eliminated is because every fan poll I've seen, and some are incredibly accurate, had him at the bottom - as did the judges' scoring.
    And we know that they have made these deals in the past.
    Guess we'll never really know.
    DI however had him mid range so I wasn't worried about him going home. The DWTS score had Aaroin & Karina and Louie and Chelsie as the bottom two.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  4. #94
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3727277;
    **************
    Aaron snidely predicting that he would win this deal after the first week was the worst headline since, "Dewey Beats Truman."
    Aaron seems to be one of the most disliked contestants on this show ever. And that's with the pros and contestants that are competing with him. Tony thinks he's annoying, Maks, Derek, Kelly, and the two Marks called him out and said he was arrogant, cocky, annoying and obnoxious. Mark B. and Kelly were especially put off by his comments about winning. No one seemed to defend him and say he was joking. I also didn't like how Aaron/Karina openly talked about his crush on Chelsie, how he was going to ask her out, and how she turned him down. How awkward for Chelsie to put her in that spot. And some people think it was potentially to drive a wedge between Louie/Chelsie knowing Aaron wouldn't give up and to take away from his comments week 1. Considering Maks/Karina's break up and the rumors flying about a romance between Aaron/Karina, considering they all see what's really going on, it's possible they don't care for him based on all of that, either. Karina's got a new blog and she doesn't seem to get where the dislike and criticism is coming from. But it's Karina.

  5. #95
    sdl
    sdl is offline
    FORT Fogey sdl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    houston
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,657

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3727283;
    Aaron seems to be one of the most disliked contestants on this show ever. And that's with the pros and contestants that are competing with him. Tony thinks he's annoying, Maks, Derek, Kelly, and the two Marks called him out and said he was arrogant, cocky, annoying and obnoxious. Mark B. and Kelly were especially put off by his comments about winning. No one seemed to defend him and say he was joking. I also didn't like how Aaron/Karina openly talked about his crush on Chelsie, how he was going to ask her out, and how she turned him down. How awkward for Chelsie to put her in that spot. And some people think it was potentially to drive a wedge between Louie/Chelsie knowing Aaron wouldn't give up and to take away from his comments week 1. Considering Maks/Karina's break up and the rumors flying about a romance between Aaron/Karina, considering they all see what's really going on, it's possible they don't care for him based on all of that, either. Karina's got a new blog and she doesn't seem to get where the dislike and criticism is coming from. But it's Karina.
    *************
    To be honest, I don't focus on the pros that much except for maybe Derek, Kym and Cheryl, because they are just too good to ignore......or Michael's partner because she's such a zero.
    But I must say that there is something about Karina that I find really creepy - like there's no way I'd ever let her babysit my kids, or borrow my car, or drink from the same cup after her. If Susan Lucci (actually a nice person but terrible dancer) ever retires, they should consider Karina for the role. Doesn't matter that she can't act, just play herself.
    Since Aaron's career is going nowhere, they could cast him as her gay hairdresser.

  6. #96
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3727289;
    *************
    To be honest, I don't focus on the pros that much except for maybe Derek, Kym and Cheryl, because they are just too good to ignore......or Michael's partner because she's such a zero.
    But I must say that there is something about Karina that I find really creepy - like there's no way I'd ever let her babysit my kids, or borrow my car, or drink from the same cup after her. If Susan Lucci (actually a nice person but terrible dancer) ever retires, they should consider Karina for the role. Doesn't matter that she can't act, just play herself.
    Since Aaron's career is going nowhere, they could cast him as her gay hairdresser.
    Maks is a fairly polarizing pro, and I know the last few seasons (thanks to the clips of "making" his partners cry) haven't done him any favors in the popularity department. When he and Karina first got engaged, they gave an interview to People where Karina said she went to Tony for advice, since Tony is his BFF and she knew girls who had dated him and weren't crazy about him. However, putting that aside, many people seem to have respect for Mak's dancing and teaching habits. I remember during season 3 or 4 they had his students dance during some of the results shows. No one seems to take much issue with his approach to the show or his teaching method and choreography, at least in the ballroom community (that I've seen). Karina, on the other hand, is probably not so polarizing as she is just plain disliked. Maks seems to hint hint that he knew things about her prior to getting in an relationship that he chose to ignore, but now thinks were probably true. Being with Karina seemed to drag Maks down in people's opinions, and some even say she brings out the worst in her boyfriends. People thought Mario was a douche before but an even bigger douche when they started dating, now just a nice cheating womanizer but who cares anymore. Now with Maks, people thought she brought out the assiness in him. Karina seemed very different personality wise when they were together, but now she's back to the Karina from seasons 3-6.

    It makes me wonder what Maks was thinking tonight when they landed in the bottom 2.

  7. #97
    FORT Fan BerryCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    378

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by toads2u;3727074;
    Send Louie, or Chuck or Michael out the door - Aaron is a much better dancer anyday.
    I totally agree! Aaron has the talent, but needs to relax and just feel the dance. I'm okay with Louie or Michael going home next week.

  8. #98
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,192

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by outoflurkdom;3727251;
    Since all of the other threads are locked I'm going to post this in here. I read on another board that Melissa has Lupus. I don't know if any of you know anything about Lupus, but this girl has to be in great pain, so if she's whining about it being hard, it's because she's doing it with a handicap. I have a daughter is in college and until last year was perfectly healthy but she was suddenly struck with constant joint swelling and pain, and spent most of her last year in and out of the hospital trying to find a regiment that will help her just get through the day with as little pain as possible. This is a kid who was a cheerleader and swimmer and VERY active, but now she has a handicap parking permit. I'm assuming MJH is in remission or at least close to it, but still give her a break, she is doing a great job with a big handicap.
    I googled it and the only thing I could find was that she attended a luncheon fundraiser for it and that her best friends' sister died from it. I think she's just an advocate for the disease and doesn't actually have it. Besides, they would have mentioned it on the show....they do love a good sob story.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  9. #99
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,046

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Can't say that Chuck was a special fave of mine--but I think his pro did NOT do much of anything to teach him how to dance.

    As I said somewhere on this site in the last several days--that video of them in rehearsal with Chuck just walking around ahd his pro saying "That's great! Wonderful!" said it all in terms of her not teaching him anything except to be a prop for her.

    Very disappointing because I really think that Chuck--like most high-level athletes--could have done much much better--if he'd had the right coaching/instruction.

    Too bad he didn't get Cheryl. She knows how to work with athletes and give them what they need to succeed.

  10. #100
    FORT Fan Peacheater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    316

    Re: 10/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    While I'd like to believe otherwise, I think Chuck has probably learned more about dance than he really cared to. Can we say he had anything left to prove to himself, the producers or his MMA buddies? No...not for me.

    And now my one and only season 9 rant, I promise...

    Aaron is in an entirely different situation. The last couple of weeks must we very difficult life lessons for him, with him no doubt feeling somewhat abandoned by the judges and fans alike. Given the age at which his parents "abandoned" him and his siblings through their divorce, I'm sure DWTS is not exactly the experience he was hoping for. As one who believes in hope and redemption as much as I believe in the power of dance, I would like him to have a week or two of better dance, supportive commentary from the judges, and just a little warmth, understanding and appreciation from fans of the show. I doubt I would be voting for him, but I'll endeavor to throw a kind word to two in his direction, if deserved.

    Next week's dance card is interesting with a couple of celebs facing routines which will require them to be equal to their dance partner. Natalie faces a very tough challenge because she appears to be unable to project a believable romantic chemistry. It is both tough and very unfair that she must find her "inner slut," or at least act the part convincingly. As "KatesMom" appropriately notes, Natalie "is a classy, beautiful, sweet, talented woman..." With the exception of the waltz, Charleston, foxtrot and two-step, these dances all spring from our darker side, and to be fully convincing, must have a believable sensual quality on the border of "R" rated. That is exactly what the judges saw from Joanna and Derek this week and what the others, especially Natalie, must find. Anything else is really just playing at the dance.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.