+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 10/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3726229;
    I think Melissa was slightly overscored, but I think she did great. It was a huge improvement for her. I don't get the Melissa hate on here. There have been way worse.....and half of them are on this season.
    Me neither, she was over scored just a little but I really like her.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3726290;
    I totally get where Len is coming from in scoring her based on her experience and ability. But she doesn't belong on the show in the first place. This is someone who has danced professionally with Michael Jackson, choreographed Janet Jackson, was chosen to do a solo dance performance at the Kennedy Center, danced on MTV, and on and on and on.
    Her dance tonight was fabulous, but how do you think that makes the others feel, who are doing all of this for the first time? It really makes me angry.
    To make matters worse, she comes across as arrogant. I will never, ever vote for her.
    Wishing Mya wasn't on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3726497;
    Not their fault--their pros are supposed to be teachig them each dance--not allowing them to walk around.

They can only do what their pros tell them to--they can't make up steps on their own.
    True, what is it with these women choreographers.

FORT Fanatic

The two steps all sucked badly. Michael and Louie were screwed last night by their partners. Chelsie danced around Louie while he did a "walkabout", and Michael did about the same thing...walk about

I'm glad you didn't include Mark and Lacey's Two-Step. Mark actually did a lot of footwork and I was glad to see them have fun. Their best mark to-date.

I happen to really like Louie, but his dance last night was about the weakest. I think, unless his fan base rallies, he'll be in trouble.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;3726389;
    But why would the show give them dances the pros don't know enough about to do the teaching? Mark admitted he didn't know the Charleston. But the two step is not all that hard but it would be boring if it was just done the way you see it at the cowboy bars.
    I learned to two step when I was about 10 years old, and have logged hundreds of hours dancing and watching other cowboys - some incredibly good - dance since then. It is not the hardest dance, but it is an actual dance that has a certain pattern and cadence.
    I can say unequivocally that what we saw on the show last night was not a two step. It was a shuffle of sorts with some goofy tricks that have nothing to do with the dance tossed in. To me, it was Hollywood's version of what the dance would look like if they'd never seen it.
    I agree that doing a proper two step would be boring for the audience, unless they did it really, really well. But nobody even tried to stay true to the dance.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3726503;
    Peacheater, thanks so much for your "professional eye" on the dancing and scoring. I tend to take what Len has to say and ignore a lot of CA and Bruno, so to have another professional opinion is fantastic.

The two steps all sucked badly. Michael and Louie were screwed last night by their partners. Chelsie danced around Louie while he did a "walkabout", and Michael did about the same thing...walk about.

I loved all of the Charleston dances, but I agree Melissa should not have had 10's. My fave was Kelly and Donny's dances.

I have to admit I'm not a fan of the Bolero, it's much too slow like the Rumba. Re the Lambada, I think Derek/Joanna capured the true nature of the dance and did it very well.
    May I recommend you look at a video on youtube of my friends and US Champions Bruno Collins and Luann Pulliam.

YouTube - Bruno Collins & Luann Pulliam - Bolero Dance !

When you watch this video of the Bolero, please pay close attention to the fact that these two are partners, each contributing one half of the dance. If these to aren't sexy, then I'm clueless as to what is. I think that when one sees the beauty of the Bolero, Rhumba and the Lambada, they can be well appreciated for their beauty and artistry. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the Two-step.

SDL,
    I probably don't have the amount of exp. with the two-step that you do, but I have been, a number of times, to those places in TX that are noted for it.
    I got to learn it and appreciate it as it is a really fun dance.
    I agree that the two-steps we saw bore little resemblance to it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3726556;
    May I recommend you look at a video on youtube of my friends and US Champions Bruno Collins and Luann Pulliam.

YouTube - Bruno Collins & Luann Pulliam - Bolero Dance !

When you watch this video of the Bolero, please pay close attention to the fact that these two are partners, each contributing one half of the dance. If these to aren't sexy, then I'm clueless as to what is. I think that when one sees the beauty of the Bolero, Rhumba and the Lambada, they can be well appreciated for their beauty and artistry. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the Two-step.
    There's a reason that the two step is done in every cowboy bar and barn dance in America - it's easy. It's the dance for "everyman" (and woman). Which is exactly why it doesn't belong in a dance competition - at least if you're going to stay true to the dance.
    Maybe they added it so the redneck demographic would say, "hey, I know that one!" but they lost the rednecks in confusion when they started doing flips and herkies. You'd get your butt kicked if you tried that stuff in a real cowboy bar.
    List of things to eliminate next year:
    the two step
    Michael Irvin's partner
    trips to the SPCA
    people who choreograph their own dances
    hugging the judges
    Joel Grey makeup
    crying & sobbing on a football player who scored way lower than you
    Carrie Ann's comments
    Samantha's attempts at being Tom
    overly white guys dancing shirtless
    starting with 16 stars, 9 of whom we've never heard of
    ex-Congressmen currently under indictment
    old R&B singers who want to collect that first check and go home
    swimsuit models who say f**k more than Andrew Dice Clay
    lying about the vote counts
    to be continued........

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3726556;

Wow, now that was beautiful. Had I seen something along those lines last night I might have changed my mind.

+ Reply to Thread