+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 10/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3726268;
    I am so upset after watching the show that I haven't even read the posts here yet.

I can't believe how badly Chuck's "professional" is messing him up!

She's NOT teaching him to dance--she's teaching him to walk around her and hold her when she wants to do another trick.

It was most obvious during the footage of their rehearsal when he walked around--no body moviement in time to the music and no real dance steps--and she said "Wonderful! Great!"

And if that wasn't appalling enough--the other Anna did the very same thing to Michael--but at least the judges called her on it--sort of. they addressed their "lack of dancing" comments to Michael when it is ALL Anna's fault.

That is sooo bad!

And this week Louie's partner Chelsia did the same thing to him too!

What is wrong with these women? Are they so egotistical that they can't stand to have the spotlight off of them and on their partners even for a moment?

(I know I know--tell us how you really feel Wind Dancer.)

End of rant but not the end of feeling really bad for these three athletes who want to dance but who have gottern a really raw deal from their "pros."

Ugh.
    I can remember seeing commmercials as a child that said, "You too can learn to draw!" The idea was that if you bought this company's course, instructions, and materials that by the time you had completed the course, you would become a good artist.
    You might learn to draw, but of course there was no guarantee that without ability you would learn to draw well.

Now, those three athletes might have the desire to dance, but unfortunately that might not equate with the ability to dance. I believe all three are trying hard, and whereas the three of them might go further with Cheryl, the drill sargeant as the instructor, I truly sense that none of the three is going to be remembered well for his time on this show.
    I somehow don't think they have dance shut up within them trying to get out.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3725968;
    THEY Dance, you TALK, Samantha?

You can't talk!
    Forget about Samantha, no matter how much you dislike her, she's here for the remaining season.

FORT Fogey
    Bloomers--hi.

Louie has done much much better than he did last night--because he was given real choreography those other nights.

Last night he was given almost nothing to do at all.

And Michael is very graceful and highly motivated and has excellent balance and body awareness.

But he has to be given actual steps to do--not just being told to stand and wait for his pro to do her next trick.

I really don't know why the judges criticisms about lack of dance steps were directed at Michael when it was his pro who was totally responsible for the choregraphy--for Michael as well as for herself.

They should have called her out on that--because there is nothing that Michael can do but follow the instructions of his pro.
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 10-13-2009 at 12:39 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3726470;
    Bloomers--hi.

Louie has doe much much better than he did last night--because he was given real choreography those other nights.

Last night he was given almost nothing to do at all.

And Michael is very graceful and highly motivated and has excellent balance and body awareness.

But he has to be given actual steps to do--not just being told to stand and wait for his pro to do her next trick.

I really don't know why the judges criticisms about lack of dance steps were directed at Michael when it was his pro who was totally responsible for the choregraphy--for Michael as well as for herself.

They should have called her out on that--becauae there is nothing that Michael can do but follow the instructions of his pro.
    Michael "got" the romance, but his body posture was rounded and not straight which made him lack presence? He came across as too soft and not confident which for a man of his size and background should not have been. If he had any natural dancing ability that posture and presence would be there. I did like what he was able to convey with the story though.

As the mother of a daughter, I hate to even say this...however, after what we have heard Louie say about the rumba, he most likely would have done better with the Lambada. (cringe) He would have had the motivation to have put his heart and soul (and otherwise rest of him, I am sure) into the dance with Chelsie. I suspect he would LOVE try to hoochie koochie with her like that, but I don't know how sweet little bit would handle that one to tell you the truth.

Chuck reminds me of pictures I have seen of bouncers in a bar. I think his best shot was the tango where he could be fierce. He is a likable guy, but nevertheless he looks cumbersome, and he lumbers a good bit.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3725985;
    Michael seemed to just walk thru it - CA is right. step step pose
    Louie was just as bad or worse , both men barely moved, more posing then anything.

Quote Originally Posted by redjdv;3726012;
    Louie is just walking around. Too flat footed. Not good.
    Yep, his feet barely moved

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3726026;
    Louie and Chelsie - 5-5-6=16(same score as Michael fair enough)

Bruno gave him a 6 :nono, I would have given him a 4, he barely moved, didn't try and he is a young guy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3726490;
    Louie was just as bad or worse , both men barely moved, more posing then anything.
    Not their fault--their pros are supposed to be teachig them each dance--not allowing them to walk around.

They can only do what their pros tell them to--they can't make up steps on their own.

FORT Fanatic

I think an unpopular dance like a Country Two Step for a showdance on DWTS just exposed Louie for what he does, and that's not enough out there. He has been excused for the Jive, and excused for the Rumba because he created heat, but there was no faking what he didn't do there. Even that lift at the end was ugly because it wasn't done correctly, and he should have at least done it cleanly..he didn't because I guess he couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3726430;
    I believe he was looking for he required sexual chemistry between the two dancers. That is why it has been called the "forbidden dance." Absent that chemistry, which requires something well beyond the romantic connection required in the rhumba, the dance is not really successful.
    Peacheater, thanks so much for your "professional eye" on the dancing and scoring. I tend to take what Len has to say and ignore a lot of CA and Bruno, so to have another professional opinion is fantastic.

The two steps all sucked badly. Michael and Louie were screwed last night by their partners. Chelsie danced around Louie while he did a "walkabout", and Michael did about the same thing...walk about.

I loved all of the Charleston dances, but I agree Melissa should not have had 10's. My fave was Kelly and Donny's dances.

I have to admit I'm not a fan of the Bolero, it's much too slow like the Rumba. Re the Lambada, I think Derek/Joanna capured the true nature of the dance and did it very well.

+ Reply to Thread