+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 144

Thread: *Improving the Show*

  1. #11
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,192

    Re: *Improving the Show*

    Bring Drew back to take Samantha's place. Him and Tom were comedy gold. They played so well off of each other. Samantha is beautiful and she is really a sweet girl (I really do like her) BUT she is horrible off-the-cuff and she stumbles so much trying to think of something funny to say. It's painful to watch. Give her a nice job on a taped show somewhere. I don't wish her to be out of a job, just out of this one.

    I wouldn't mind, as someone else above said, seeing them switch partners. Maybe not every week, but occasionally. Or every two weeks, rotate. It might be interesting. Only problem is...how would you pick a pro for the win if they all took a turn with the winning star? Might not work out, but it would really emphasize the pros that are good teachers.

    For me, the band is fine. It's the singers that need to go. I've heard better in the auditions for AI.....

    Stop putting huge earrings on the ladies. They always lose one. That has to hurt!

    I realize they have to be made up more than usual so the audience and the camera can pick up their facial movements, but do they really need to go as far as they do with it? They can achieve this by not using every product that's in their kit!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  2. #12
    FORT Fan stcroix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    392

    Re: *Improving the Show*

    I get REALLY tired of all the audience clapping!! It starts at the beginning of the show and those poor people clap almost the entire show. Tom and Samantha yell over them and it's just plain irritating! Enough clapping. I don't need someone to tell me the show is 'FANTASTIC'. I can decide if it is or not.

  3. #13
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: *Improving the Show*

    Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;3726911;
    I get REALLY tired of all the audience clapping!! It starts at the beginning of the show and those poor people clap almost the entire show. Tom and Samantha yell over them and it's just plain irritating! Enough clapping. I don't need someone to tell me the show is 'FANTASTIC'. I can decide if it is or not.
    I get tired of the audience booing! I know that's the staple on both AI, DWTS, and probably any other reality show with an audience. But do they have signs up that say applause, boo, cheer, stand and clap? I just hate when they interrupt the judges, any of them. Let them get their critiques in (as Tom once said, constructive criticism can be a good thing) and their scores. Though I've often wondered if the audience boos because they think the scores are too high, not too low

    Tonight was probably one of the more enjoyable results shows. I liked the filler of showing the celebs kids. I'd rather see more filler on the personal lives of the celebs and the pros if it meant less time bringing in Dr. Drew, the Woz, a toddler, a nutritionist, psychic, and god only knows what else they've dragged in to fill up 5 minutes on how the dancing is affecting the contestants personalities, spiritual, mental, emotional, and dietary needs. I can't say it again, more Shakira's, less Miley's. More pro demos, less Macy's Stars of Dance.

    For me, the band is fine. It's the singers that need to go. I've heard better in the auditions for AI.....
    I can agree with that. Though sometimes it's hard to tell, and sadly the singers drag the band down with them. I wonder if they cut right away from Tom after he introduces them more because he can't keep a straight face rather than them showing off the band. And what is up with the lady and the jeweled headband? And while they're at it, at least give better song choices for the dances. I don't mind the R&B, country, and pop tunes, but no more paso's to I Kissed a Girl and Pink. And if they're going to do a song, don't go too fast or slow. When Cody/Julianne did their samba to Whine Up and Gilles/Cheryl did their jive to Dance, Dance it was painful watching and listening because in one case the band went too slow, the other they went too fast.

    Bring Drew back to take Samantha's place. Him and Tom were comedy gold. They played so well off of each other. Samantha is beautiful and she is really a sweet girl (I really do like her) BUT she is horrible off-the-cuff and she stumbles so much trying to think of something funny to say. It's painful to watch. Give her a nice job on a taped show somewhere. I don't wish her to be out of a job, just out of this one.
    Drew got such a positive response and Bring Back Drew petitions have circulated. I don't Samantha will ever leave her post again. I'm actually shocked she's even made it in this field in the first place. How did she get this gig again? She started season 2 but where did she come from before? She and Tom just don't mesh. Once in awhile she makes a funny, but sometimes she doesn't even know what's going on or that she made a joke.

    I would still love to see, if they wanted to add new pros for a season, bringing over pros from SCD in Britain. I'd just be curious how pros from another version would get along on here with our format and what they'd think of CA. Not to mention Samantha and our band I just think to change things up, if they were going to add a new pro. There's some from that version I'd love to see, though certainly not at the expense of some of our pros. Which reminds me as well, I think they should can the pro contest they plan on doing again. After cramming Anna down our throats last year (which I didn't really think was cramming, as I liked her over Mayo and thought she outdanced him by far), she hasn't exactly got an audience following and I'm not sure is enjoying herself. She seemed much better during the contest. I don't see why they need to add any new pros, because the group we have now is fine. And I hope they don't bring the kids dance competition back. And on the topic of getting rid of things, the Design a Dance has gotten old, and even more rigged now that Sabrina won the celeb portion of it.

  4. #14
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,006

    Re: *Improving the Show*

    I can't hear for all of the audience noise. They just need to do something about it - period. (Was that cranky enough?)
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

  5. #15
    addicted to reality AmyKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    1,180

    Re: *Improving the Show*

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3727332;

    Drew got such a positive response and Bring Back Drew petitions have circulated. I don't Samantha will ever leave her post again. I'm actually shocked she's even made it in this field in the first place. How did she get this gig again? She started season 2 but where did she come from before? She and Tom just don't mesh. Once in awhile she makes a funny, but sometimes she doesn't even know what's going on or that she made a joke.
    She was a reporter on E! for a while. She did somewhat OK at that job, but I too can not believe she is still there myself.

    Either let Tom host himself, which may be possible with less backstage interviews, or get someone else. I agree with the idea to switch the pairings a bit. I understand the "stars" get comfortable with their partner and what not, but it does seem that certain pros get good ones for a couple seasons in a row (or they get terrible ones lol). I too wouldnt mind seeing some of the regular pros as "stars" with new pros. Man, that dancing would be AWESOME!
    And the band...the music itself isnt so bad- I agree with the poster that said its the singers.

    but thats just my opinion
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

  6. #16
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,006

    Re: *Improving the Show*

    Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay;3727534;
    She was a reporter on E! for a while. She did somewhat OK at that job, but I too can not believe she is still there myself.

    Either let Tom host himself, which may be possible with less backstage interviews, or get someone else. I agree with the idea to switch the pairings a bit. I understand the "stars" get comfortable with their partner and what not, but it does seem that certain pros get good ones for a couple seasons in a row (or they get terrible ones lol). I too wouldnt mind seeing some of the regular pros as "stars" with new pros. Man, that dancing would be AWESOME!
    And the band...the music itself isnt so bad- I agree with the poster that said its the singers.

    but thats just my opinion
    Did I understand that Samantha played the lead on stage in Chicago? If so then she has some real talent. Maybe she is just in the wrong area of the entertainment field. In my opinion, she is an extremely attractive person.
    I immensely disliked that wild and wooly hairdo the other night ( a week or so ago), but generally speaking she looks great!
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

  7. #17
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    496

    Re: *Improving the Show*

    I would like to see the judges have a little more respect for the opinion of the others, especially Bruno. He carries
    on and on and gives his score but if Len does not agree with him, he slaps and boos, and tells Len how wrong he
    is, like his (Bruno) criticisms and opinions are the only "right" ones. I guess they all do this to each other to some
    extent, but I think Bruno goes way too far.

  8. #18
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,006

    Re: *Improving the Show*

    Quote Originally Posted by mslady;3727540;
    I would like to see the judges have a little more respect for the opinion of the others, especially Bruno. He carries
    on and on and gives his score but if Len does not agree with him, he slaps and boos, and tells Len how wrong he
    is, like his (Bruno) criticisms and opinions are the only "right" ones. I guess they all do this to each other to some
    extent, but I think Bruno goes way too far.
    Bruno is extraordinarily flamboyant; however, how much of that is natural and real and how much of that is added for entertainment value might be debated.

    All of the fru-fru whether it comes from costumes, judges' comments, horrendous side acts, etc., is what helps to make this show entertaining and amusing.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

  9. #19
    sdl
    sdl is offline
    FORT Fogey sdl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    houston
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,657

    Re: *Improving the Show*

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3727546;
    Bruno is extraordinarily flamboyant; however, how much of that is natural and real and how much of that is added for entertainment value might be debated.

    All of the fru-fru whether it comes from costumes, judges' comments, horrendous side acts, etc., is what helps to make this show entertaining and amusing.
    *************
    We learned last season that Len and Bruno are best friends. They travel every week to Europe and back to tape the British version. They have a wonderful, light hearted, close friendship.
    Therefore, the exchanges between them must be taken with a grain of salt. Pure entertainment.

  10. #20
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,257

    Re: *Improving the Show*

    Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3727559;
    *************
    We learned last season that Len and Bruno are best friends. They travel every week to Europe and back to tape the British version. They have a wonderful, light hearted, close friendship.
    Therefore, the exchanges between them must be taken with a grain of salt. Pure entertainment.
    ITA with this. It's all for show. But, I'd love to see them bring on a judge like Ron Montez, who is a United States Latin champion several times over. He's done commentary on the televised ballroom championships and would be a great judge, in my opinion.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.