+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I was most amazed by Natalie's dance. She is my new favorite...

sdl

I'm really not kidding when I say how bad I think this season sucks.
    Which got me to wondering, are the ratings off?
    Or do fans like me just watch anyway and then complain because the want a better class of loser (line stolen from a country song)?
    Hmm, I wonder where I can find this info.....

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3720997;
    Or do fans like me just watch anyway and then complain because the want a better class of loser (line stolen from a country song)?
    Can't help you but I agree with you. Even though I like Natalie I'm not impressed with this season. I think it's boring and my interst has been in other things...

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3720989;
    I was most amazed by Natalie's dance. She is my new favorite...
    I not only think she is emerging as a great dancer, I think she is coming across as one of the most likable people.
    Give me an F4 of Natalie, Louie, Kelly and Donny and I'll be happy.
    Mya (spelled My'a; no last name) can do the choreography, which seems fair.

Ratings are still solid for the Monday show (although the Brett Favre Monday Night Football beat everything in sight this week), but the Results show is down a little.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3720904;
    This is an entertainment show...
    Actually, it is classified as a reality show by most in the industry, but I take it that your point is that the show's purpose is to entertain. Fair enough. At the risk or reigniting a past debate, I can't help to offer that the idea that Chuck Liddell dancing ballroom is entertaining is more than a little insulting to ballroom dance and those who work hard within it as either professionals or amateurs. For me, watching him or Tom Delay attempt to dance is like listening to nails on a chalkboard.

Random thoughts:

Debi was not the worst dancer or part of the worst dance pair last night, either based on Monday's performance or reflecting her collective dances this season. Michael Irvin and Chuck Liddell are both far less skilled. Maybe Debi should have worn less... or nothing and stolen a few audience alpha male votes?

Some fans have animus toward certain celebs or pro dancers. They act on it when voting. If it were at all useful, I'd reserve my own animus toward those would vote for a favorite if that pair simply walked off stage after the first 30 seconds of music.

I wonder if Len breaks things in his trailer after some results shows? I would.

sdl, I just did some very quick research and it seems that ratings for the premiere were good but down from a year ago, 17.5 vs. 21 million. Monday's show had 17.8 mm, so a slight tick up. The ratings for the results shows are always quite a bit lower.

I agree that this season is really dull, and there is nobody I feel strongly about supporting. I liked Debi/Maks for personal reasons, but couldn't get excited about trying to keep them in it since her dancing was pretty underwhelming. Chuck and Michael seem like nice guys, but are at least as bad, and it has been almost painful to watch any of the 3 of them. If I continue to watch, I suspect the most interesting part will be to root against those that are easily becoming villians but will probably stick around anyway.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3721014;
    Actually, it is classified as a reality show by most in the industry, but I take it that your point is that the show's purpose is to entertain. Fair enough. At the risk or reigniting a past debate, I can't help to offer that the idea that Chuck Liddell dancing ballroom is entertaining is more than a little insulting to ballroom dance and those who work hard within it as either professionals or amateurs. For me, watching him or Tom Delay attempt to dance is like listening to nails on a chalkboard.

Random thoughts:

Debi was not the worst dancer or part of the worst dance pair last night, either based on Monday's performance or reflecting her collective dances this season. Michael Irvin and Chuck Liddell are both far less skilled. Maybe Debi should have worn less... or nothing and stolen a few audience alpha male votes?

Some fans have animus toward certain celebs or pro dancers. They act on it when voting. If it were at all useful, I'd reserve my own animus toward those would vote for a favorite if that pair simply walked off stage after the first 30 seconds of music.

But, this show isn't about finding the best dancer. If it was, anyone but Apolo and Kristi wouldn't have won their respective seasons. Yes, dancing is taken into consideration, but these aren't professionals. You can't really judge them on the same level you could a pro. And I like being entertained. Aaron and Mya may be the best dancers, but Aaron I hate so much and Mya bores me. I have more fun watching Chuck and Louie. This show is a popularity contest before anything, and obviously the pro plays a part in that. If I don't dislike the celeb too much I may vote for them simply because I like their pro, even though it's not about the pros, either. This season I'm enjoying far less, but it doesn't help I can't stand 3 of the couples and there's no Gilles Marini factor (or just no Gilles peroid )

sdl

Random thoughts:

First, MFW, thanks so much for the ratings info and saving me the trouble of pulling my hair out trying to find it.
    Second, Peacheater, I was just about to send you a PM because I had a real ballroom question, but would like to ask you now. I don't trust the judges on this show......especially Carrie Ann. So I would like to know how you rate the celebrity dancers who are still left - from best to worst. No personalities, as you've indicated, just ballroom skills.....based upon their entire body of work.
    Would you do that for us? Thanks.

Random thoughts:

To me, this show is entertainment and it comes in many forms. It all boils down to who I enjoy watching/listening to on my screen, be it in rehearsal, performance, PI's, or hometown stuff.

I don't even usually get invested enough to vote. The online voting is relatively quick and easy, but I've only voted by phone for 2 ever (1 was on another show). And I won't pay to vote by text messaging.

I'm sure that some will groan at this, but I really enjoyed the skit that the Woz did as did I enjoy him as a contestant last season. I don't think it is purely an "underdog thing" either, but there is something special about those that are humble and grateful, enjoying themselves, and have a very positive aura.

Since it sure seems that the judging is unfair, the contestant "deck gets stacked", and that the show is not an official ballroom dance competition, it is understandable that those trained and experienced in BD would be frustrated.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

+ Reply to Thread