+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 10/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3720698;
    Which one? Aaron or Karina?
    Both Karina's lips were pouted so far out she almost swallowed her face. And I don't know how it's possible, but watching that moment again (as that was the only highlight for me this week), Aaron manages to look much younger than 21 and yet his face looks so sunken in that it makes him look much older, and not in a good way. Derek seemed fairly shocked at being in jeopardy. Similarly to Mya getting 2 10's, I'm wondering if possibly Aaron and Joanna didn't or haven't been bringing in the votes so the producers wanted to rattle their fanbases to get them voting.

Okay, so during the Macy's dance, Mark and Lacey were dancing? I wasn't really paying attention so I must have missed it.

So Carter and Karina get the Lambada...eww...well that'll be cozy. I swear I think the producers are just out there to put a knife in Maks' soul. I thought it was so damn uncomfortable for he and Debi to be standing next to Karina and the Crypt keeper.
    My mom watches the show and commented about Aaron's appearance. She asked me about him and said he looks like he's still a hard partier. She hadn't ever heard of him, and I barely know anything about him except who his brother is. I've noticed that when either Debi/Maks or Aaron/Karina come in from their routine, the other couple isn't sitting within view of the camera. One shot last night had Maks and Karina as far apart from each other as possible.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-07-2009 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3720677;
    I've been a fan since In The Soup which was close to twenty years ago. A lot of her early work (and I guess even a fairly substantial portion of her current work) was in independent films, so she wouldn't really be all that well known to the public at large. Those of us who like her really do like her, though.
    I've always liked her too! She's always had that vintage, Bettie Page thing going on. Debi is unique! I do agree that some of the makeup did make her look a little scary. Someone else mentioned that she looks like the original Barbie! She does! I never noticed that before.

FORT Fanatic

Okay, so during the Macy's dance, Mark and Lacey were dancing? I wasn't really paying attention so I must have missed it.
    Yeah, they had their Jabborwackez masks on...so you didn't know until the end...epic LOL

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Along with Aaron, Joanna also has the Lambada next week. Mark has the two step (I pity him already) and Kelly has the Charleston. I'm even more convinced that Aaron and Joanna in the bottom 4 was a potential ploy by producers to hype them up for next week and have them give amazing comebacks, where we'll probably see the first 30 of the season, and also get their fans voting. Hopefully I'm wrong. Why is it Joanna has yet to have a dance that isn't based on sex appeal, booty shaking, or hip movements? I'm thinking she really can't dance all that well but they want the pretty blonde to go out there and shake it.

Yeah, they had their Jabborwackez masks on...so you didn't know until the end...epic LOL
    Thanks for the info! Since when have the pros danced in a Macy's dance? I read Lacey mentioned something epic happening this week during the results show. When I heard who was performing, I assumed that's what she meant, not realizing she was dancing with them. That's her and Mark's style of dance anyway, so I'm sure they got a big kick out of it. But epic wasn't exactly what I'd call it But this is Lacey we're talking about, and I don't always trust her instincts or choreography, either.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3720692;
    I am really disappointed with the show this season. Usually I am so excited, but this season I could really take it or leave it. So far, I am still watching, but definitely not with any enthusiasm. I think mostly because the "stars" haven't really shown a lot of personality, or personality that I like. The only one that I really seem to like is Kelly Osbourne, which actually was a bit shocking to me. Some others are nice enough, but kind of boring (Mya, Natalie, Melissa). And others are are downright annoying to me (Aaron, Joanna, Donny).
    I am shocked also that I like Kelly so much. She is nothing like I remember her when I have seen her in the past. I also love Louie. He is such a cutie and has the sweetest smile. He and Chelsie are perfect together. Now that Tony/Kathy and Tom/Cheryl are gone, I will be whole heartedly for Louie, Kelly, Natalie and Donny.

FORT Fan

I'm so glad to be able to come here and get a play by play - I never watch the results show because it interferes with The Biggest Loser!

I can't believe that they gave Chuck the encore?! Wasn't he kind of awful? I thought he'd be the one to go this week.

I'm not surprised it was Debi - I was thinking either she or Chuck would go. I'm glad Tom stepped down. It's better for his own health, and he couldn't have stuck around more than a couple more weeks anyway, so why ruin your feet over it? In my opinion, Michael and Chuck are the last two "bottom of the pack" left, and after that we'll get down to people who can at least dance a little bit.

When they announce the people "in jeopardy", those are not necessarily the couples with the lowest scores/votes, right? It's annoying that they might have thrown Aaron in there just to scare his fans into voting like crazy. He's a pretty good dancer, but I don't like his personality. And his dance this week was not nearly as good as the first two weeks, imo.

Chuck, he danced worse last night than on Monday.

Karina and Aaron, having a fling. I don't believe it.

Mya, wish she would be eliminated.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3720891;
    Chuck, he danced worse last night than on Monday.

Karina and Aaron, having a fling. I don't believe it.

Mya, wish she would be eliminated.
    This is an entertainment show, and Chuck is entertainment. That said, on almost every voter poll Chuck was on the bottom with Michael - last or next to last, depending on which poll it was. (Tom was indeed safe on most of the polls.)
    Debbie was down on the bottom in the voter polls with Michael and Chuck. In my opinion, Debbie had been in the bottom 2 once and she is not as entertaining (flamboyant, controversial, etc.) as Chuck and Michael, so she went.
    Having Chuck dance the encore in the same manner as those who previously provided the most excellent performance was a spoof of sorts. That coupled with not including him in the bottom 4 when he had a low judges' score and low poll votes is a figurative pulling of my leg. .
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3720697;
    a) She can't dance like a pro. But she did dance.
    b) She is actually very down-to-earth and un-Hollywood. She is very attractive.
    c) Her career has been fine. Considering they let washed-up boybanders, disgraced politicians and reality TV rejects on the show as well, she is Hollywood royalty in comparison.
    d) Her fan base just doesn't mesh with the DWTS demographic that votes in rabid hordes, and twitters for small armies to vote too like a cult.

And yes, she will be missed by many of us.
    Count me in the disappointed camp, as I was rooting for Debi and Maks from before the season started, and was hoping she'd be a better dancer. Still think she might have had more potential to improve than Chuck or Michael. And to those who think she has had a lackluster career, she is what I would call a working actress, with a long list of credits in film and TV, not a has-been or a never-was, like so many of the other cast members. I agree that her fan base didn't translate well to the demographic for this show. As for her looks, I think she looks pretty good for 45. She has gorgeous eyes, IMO.

I am also sad for Maks, but considering he looks like he's still smarting from the breakup, maybe it's a blessing for him not to be forced into contact with Karina any longer.

Not surprised by the elimination, but I was disappointed to see Debi and Maks go.
    I actually enjoyed Chuck and Ann's dance. I thought he was fun to watch. Not the greatest dancer, but he does entertain.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread