+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 10/5 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/5 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3720166;
    Rattus can speak for herself but I assumed she was talking about Melissa Rycroft from TB - who probably holds the record for most penalty points assessed and most threads closed in the history of FORT.
    Melissa!!! Totally jogged my memory, now, thanks SDL.

That's who you meant, too, Rattus?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3720166;
    Rattus can speak for herself but I assumed she was talking about Melissa Rycroft from TB - who probably holds the record for most penalty points assessed and most threads closed in the history of FORT.
    Bingo! I believe that a couple of last season's dancers may have been marginally more polarizing than last season's combatants in the big political arena .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3720099;
    Yeah, another voter for Mark Dacascos...I tell you he's the sleeper of the competition. He's got all the goods, it's now about getting the choreo and the coaching right.
    I remember thinking after the first episode that Mark might win the whole thing. Now he's scoring 18 and squeezed in with Debi Mazar and Melissa Joan Hart. I don't know what happened to the guy. For one thing, he needs to at least pretend to be having fun. The talent is there.
    In my opinion, the real sleeper is Natalie. She breaks the stereotype on female Olympic champions. She's graceful, natural, nice, pretty, and has beautiful legs. She is making real progress.
    My chart says that Chuck is going home this week, but who knows. There's a lot of competition for the bottom spot.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3720173;
    I remember thinking after the first episode that Mark might win the whole thing. Now he's scoring 18 and squeezed in with Debi Mazar and Melissa Joan Hart. I don't know what happened to the guy. For one thing, he needs to at least pretend to be having fun. The talent is there.
    In my opinion, the real sleeper is Natalie. She breaks the stereotype on female Olympic champions. She's graceful, natural, nice, pretty, and has beautiful legs. She is making real progress.
    My chart says that Chuck is going home this week, but who knows. There's a lot of competition for the bottom spot.
    Which probably says a lot about this year's group, because usually they are all at the top or the middle, with a gap between the few low scoring couples. I think it'll be Chuck, because he's just not a good dancer, one of the worst, and he doesn't have the benefit of having a popular enough pro to help him with his fan base.

I am a little worried about the upcoming double eliminations. According to Louis, there will be a point in the competition where the audience doesn't have a say in who goes home. I'm going to guess it's that week, the dance off week. And I'm afraid who the judges might vote to keep over other favorites and better dancers. Natalie really surprised me last night and I think if she keeps it up will just keep going up. Even Louie is gaining a lot of ground, and those 2 could be potential finalists. I'm still betting on Mya being a lock for the final 3, but I could honestly do without her. At this point, I think I could handle a Natalie and Louie final 3, with Kelly, Mark, or Donny tossed in there.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3720170;
    Bingo! I believe that a couple of last season's dancers may have been marginally more polarizing than last season's combatants in the big political arena .
    Do you ever hear so much drooling hype over someone that you are completely sick of them before you really know anything about them?
    Examples:
    Melissa Rycroft
    Jon and Kate
    Paris Hilton (invented the concept)
    please forgive me, but Reid from TB is getting dangerously close
    Terrell Owens
    Hillary Clinton
    I think it's called oversaturation. Luckily, this season's "stars", very few of whom are even interesting enough to talk about, do not have this problem.
    So we have that going for us.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3720188;
    Luckily, this season's "stars", very few of whom are even interesting enough to talk about, do not have this problem.
    So we have that going for us.
    That's what I love about you - always with the silver lining .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3720113;
    I hope Tom remains in the competition because he is not the worst dancer. I would like to see Michael or Debi be eliminated tonight.
    for me, Debi more than Michael. Even though he is painful to watch.

Is it just me or are the singers missing their mark? Last night the duo singing "Endless Love" timing were way off. Also, some of the song choices are weird as if you never heard of them. Maybe that could be throwing off the dancers a little bit.

Just my observation.

FORT Fanatic

I look at the whole picture. For the three top guys...this week Donny went down 4, Aaron went down 6 and Mark went down 3 points. Also, Mark going first in the line-up is where they set the scoring. I thought he was underscored. They tried something a little different and it didn't work. Better for it to be done now than later.

Mark is, if you believe the poll at votenumber1 doing better than Donny and Aaron. Which tells me there's a big likabilty factor there. The quality of Mark's dancing is not what the scoring reflects.

I think there has been a lot of overscoring for judges favorites, like Joanna, for instance, and Mya did not deserve a 10 from anyone imho.

After watching for a second and third time last night's performances, I find myself agreeing with the judges with only three minor exceptions. Tom was scored at least one point to high and so was Mya. Johanna was scored at least one point too low. Artistic observation: Natalie's dance completely matched her body, although the technical content was on the soft side. Technical observation: Aaron's hand movement is totally boy band stage stuff, not ballroom. He may have peaked.

Irrespective of "fan favorites," here is how I see the dance pairs as I would rank them as one in a real ballroom dance competition thus far.

1. Mya/Dmitry (someone please tell me why she is not considered a pro dancer???)

(quality skip)
    2. Natalie/Alec
    3. Joanna/Derek

(quality skip)

4. Donny/Kym

(quality skip)

5. Louie/Chelsie
    5. Aaron/Karina
    5. Kellie/Louis

8. Melissa/Mark
    8. Mark/Lacey

(quality skip)