+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 10/5 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/5 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3719970;
    If Michael had danced better, he would've gotten higher scores
    We see these guys make these tremendous moves on the football field, and we just expect them to be able to make them on the dance floor as well. Some of them do, and some of them don't. Michael doesn't seem to have the rhythm and freedom and ease of movement in dance as the Emmetts and Jerry Rices. We saw that with Lawrence Taylor as well. The difference is that Michael has a positive attitude and more outgoing personality.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3719916;
    That didn't seem to be the case with Steve O or Lil' Kim last year, both of whom had a "checkered past". What if Bill Clinton was the politician instead of Tom Delay? He's got to be just as hypocritical and sleazy, but I bet a lot of people would like him just because they like his politics better. I'm not a Clinton fan, but I wouldn't mind seeing him dance, just as I don't mind seeing Delay dance. We're not voting for the guy to be president, you know.
    Political commentary in the DWTS thread. Fantastic!!

People have every right to make any kind of comment about a reality TV contestant they want -- in fact it is one of FoRT's most basic rules.

Tom Delay is an indicted wingtard freak in the eyes of many. People can dislike him for those reasons or his joke dancing or a host of others and have every right to feel that way and express it on these boards.

And they can also express how they feel about x,y,z doing a,b,c just fine all by themselves -- rather than having someone else assume so -- as well.
    Last edited by chrisg; 10-06-2009 at 01:03 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3720016;
    We see these guys make these tremendous moves on the football field, and we just expect them to be able to make them on the dance floor as well. Some of them do, and some of them don't. Michael doesn't seem to have the rhythm and freedom and ease of movement in dance as the Emmetts and Jerry Rices. We saw that with Lawrence Taylor as well. The difference is that Michael has a positive attitude and more outgoing personality.
    Hopefully Michael's charisma will carry him a little farther! And Bloomers, I never watched when Jerry Rice was on but heard people say his dancing wasn't that great but all the football fans were voting for him anyway. I thought Emmitt was great. How do you feel Jerry Rice compared to Emmitt in terms of dance ability?

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3720012;
    Michael Irvin is having a heck of a time, and I have to look at his partner. She just doesn't know how to choreograph to his strengths... Cheryl is a master at it, and she made Tom Delay's danity skippy Samba look decent.
    As far as dancing goes, I wouldn't say that Tom is a heck of a lot better than Michael, I just know if Cheryl had Michael, we'd see a sort of a Maurice Green Samba...not a Samba but a groove thang to keep the votes going.
    Thanks, Andie. I see what you're saying. Too bad Michael didn't get Cheryl as a partner. I'm sure Emmitt told him to try to!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Natalie, wowza..way to go girl! Fantastic improvement.

I was so happy for Kelly, she was so hard on herself last week. I really want her to believe in herself. She's got the talent, she just needs to believe it too.

Derek has done wonders with Joanna, but she's still a bit off with her footwork.

Tom Delay needs to go, otherwise I fear it will be Debi/Maks. He can't possibly keep walking his way through the next dances, it isn't fair to those who are more able bodied and can dance.

I think it was way too early to break out the 10 paddles, Mya should have received 9's, her dance was well done but not perfection.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3720020;
    Hopefully Michael's charisma will carry him a little farther! And Bloomers, I never watched when Jerry Rice was on but heard people say his dancing wasn't that great but all the football fans were voting for him anyway. I thought Emmitt was great. How do you feel Jerry Rice compared to Emmitt in terms of dance ability?
    I thought Jerry was a good, smooth dancer. His dancing in some ways was reminiscent of the way he played ball, gracefully and masterfully. Emmitt is a more dynamic personality and player, and his dancing reflected that as well. Both of them in my opinion were better innate dancers than Warren Sapp who was extremely likable but who appeared to traipse lightly (for such a large guy) across the floor more than he did anything else.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

sdl

I would like for everyone to go home now, except for Natalie, Louie, Kelly and Donny. I guess Mya can stay because she's a professional dancer, and they won't have to hire that Macy's dance troup to fill time.
    But the rest either have zero charisma or zero ability, or both.
    One political comment...so Tom Delay was the House Majority Leader before he got caught intentionally violating campaign finance laws and resigned in disgrace, right? That means that this dork, with his pants pulled up almost to his armpits, black socks with tennis shoes, nasally voice, capped teeth and greasy hair was once one of the most powerful men in American politics.
    They must have lower standards in Congress than ABC does in casting it's "Stars."
    p.s. I live in his district and voted for the guy years ago. They should make these people appear on DWTS before the election. That would help a lot, and the show would probably be better.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3720016;
    True. Being a great athlete doesn't always transfer to grace or musicality. I actually think that Michael is better than his scores though. He was better than Chuck last night, imo. I think Michael will get another chance to show us he can learn to dance. If Tom doesn't step down tonight, I think (hope!) either Chuck or Debi will go.

sdl

By the way, since last night's show was so awful that I'm now in a bad mood, I'd like to raise another issue.
    Why does Mya need an asterisk over the "y" in her name? Is there some fear that people will call her My-aaa? How retarded would that be?
    Or is it to make up for the fact that she has no last name?
    Even Cher had a last name (Bono) until she became recognizable to a few billion people.
    If anyone on this show is going to drop their last name, it should be Carrie Ann, since I can't pronounce hers. But then I guess she would have to become Carrie Ann'.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3719907;
    I totally disagree. Continuing to dance may be dumb on Tom's part, but I admire his spunk. And the simple fact is, if the producers REALLY didn't want him to dance, he wouldn't be dancing. I'm sure the show has the right to remove a contestant from the competition due to injury, whether the contestant agrees or not. The show thinks they are getting mileage out of this (which is why they pimped the "will he or won't he" every commercial break - the dancers don't control that) and that's why they are letting him continue. I understand that a lot of people hated Tom at the outset, and that's fine. But he's been a hard worker and a good sport so far, and he really doesn't deserve the bashing he's taking. If Michael or Chuck was dancing with injuries, they'd be called "macho", and people would admire the way they are "working through the pain". But when Tom does it, everyone calls him an attention-seeking idiot. Double standard.
    I hardly call what I said "bashing". And Tom's a big boy, he's gotten way worse in his career than anything people are saying about him regarding a dancing show.

And no, it's not a double standard. It would be a double standard if he were actually good and were being underscored/attacked anyway. But for all his "spunk" he's still a rotten dancer, and that can't be disputed. He's going to be gone in a week or two anyway, and there is a glut of mediocre dancers out there. Maybe the show was in on the scheme to play up the "will he dance or not" drama, if so I call BS on the show too. I know they want ratings, but after last season's strong lineup, to me it's more painful watching so many crappy dancers stay for so long. He's dead weight, and should stop clinging to the lifeboat.

And if Michael or Chuck did the same thing, I'd feel the same way, because I don't particularly like them either. I may not give them as much credit for being 'sinister' as I did Tom, but that's because they're not as smart or savvy as he is, so in a way it's a sort-of compliment.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fanatic

My second favorite was the Iron Chef guy (Mark). I too have ready for Aaron and Karina to get voted off.
    Yeah, another voter for Mark Dacascos...I tell you he's the sleeper of the competition. He's got all the goods, it's now about getting the choreo and the coaching right.

+ Reply to Thread