+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 10/5 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/5 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3719802;
    Overall, the worst cast of DWTS ever.
    I'm finding it hard to disagree with this. I sent dozens of votes out last night for two people who have no chance of winning -- Debi and Kelly. I just like them more than any of the others, and want them to stick around for a few more weeks before I completely lose interest in the season.

Note to producers: Filling the floor with 16 crappy couples. Worst idea yet.

And I call BS on Tom DeLay manipulating the show with his refusal to bow out. That was the move of a political campaigner -- he makes a grandstand move, and gets free mentions every commercial break. He would rather be clever than dance.

When the producers and the doctors tell you it's time to bow out, and you are his age and his shape, you bow out. I wouldn't be surprised if they made him sign a waiver absolving them from any responsibility if he does any permanent damage before letting him go on. What a jerk.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 10-06-2009 at 10:14 AM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fanatic

Can I please have Cheryl teach Mark Dacascos? The guy has all the goods, to be such a good dancer, but he needs a good coach

FORT Fanatic

And I call BS on Tom DeLay manipulating the show with his refusal to bow out. That was the move of a political campaigner -- he makes a grandstand move, and gets free mentions every commercial break. He would rather be clever than dance.

When the producers and the doctors tell you it's time to bow out, and you are his age and his shape, you bow out. I wouldn't be surprised if they made him sign a waiver absolving them from any responsibility if he does any permanent damage before letting him go on. What a jerk.
    It's definitely time for him to go. You can't do much if your feet are injured. Arms, shoulders....you work around it. You can't work around the feet, unless Cheryl choreographs a wheelchair dance...which, I'm sure she could do.

The judges' sycophantism for Donny Osmond is absurd. He dances with all the grace of a rheumatic rhinoceros.

Then there's Tom Delay. Gail Collins said it best in her op-ed in Saturday's NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/03/opinion/03collins.html

...Then there is Tom DeLay and “Dancing With the Stars.”

I promise not to bring this show up again, unless they surprise us with a guest appearance by Mitt Romney doing the hustle.

However, it is the perfect example of our theme since it is packed with people who had once briefly achieved stardom and now yearn to recapture lost glory by doing something for which most of them have no actual talent whatsoever.

“Dancing With the Stars” calls DeLay “arguably the highest-ranking star we’ve ever had,” which really translates into “was once more important than Donny Osmond.”
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3719889;
    I'm finding it hard to disagree with this. I sent dozens of votes out last night for two people who have no chance of winning -- Debi and Kelly. I just like them more than any of the others, and want them to stick around for a few more weeks before I completely lose interest in the season.
    You're right about Debi - you'll probably be lucky if she even makes it through this week. But don't give up on Kelly yet. If she just gets over her nervousness she could be really good, and I think she has enough of a fanbase that she'll get to keep trying awhile longer.

I totally disagree. Continuing to dance may be dumb on Tom's part, but I admire his spunk. And the simple fact is, if the producers REALLY didn't want him to dance, he wouldn't be dancing. I'm sure the show has the right to remove a contestant from the competition due to injury, whether the contestant agrees or not. The show thinks they are getting mileage out of this (which is why they pimped the "will he or won't he" every commercial break - the dancers don't control that) and that's why they are letting him continue. I understand that a lot of people hated Tom at the outset, and that's fine. But he's been a hard worker and a good sport so far, and he really doesn't deserve the bashing he's taking. If Michael or Chuck was dancing with injuries, they'd be called "macho", and people would admire the way they are "working through the pain". But when Tom does it, everyone calls him an attention-seeking idiot. Double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3719907;
    I understand that a lot of people hated Tom at the outset, and that's fine. But he's been a hard worker and a good sport so far, and he really doesn't deserve the bashing he's taking. If Michael or Chuck was dancing with injuries, they'd be called "macho", and people would admire the way they are "working through the pain". But when Tom does it, everyone calls him an attention-seeking idiot. Double standard.
    If Michael and Chuck had the same hypocritical sleazebag history as Tom, no, people wouldn't be any more impressed with them. If the football player was, say, Michael Vick instead of Michael Whateverhisnameis, there wouldn't be many wanting him to stay and admiring his persistence.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3719345;
    Joanna gets lost in all of Derek's big moves. He makes his steps fancier than hers to make her look better, but unlike other partners he's had, she's not as good at holding up her part.
    Derek does too much when his partners clearly aren't up to par. He doesn't know how and when to tone it down a notch and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by catzy;3719376;
    So there was a lift and she got a 10?
    , my thoughts too, what a joke, 2 10's

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3719416;
    *Sigh* I love Debi to death, but...she just isn't that good.
    Her arms were all over the place!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3719467;
    Okay, this show has gotten a little-out there. Can we cut the gimmicks? I love Donny, but making out? Seriously?

I wish Aaron/Karina would be done and over with.
    Donny's personality is up to par with Bruno's

+ Reply to Thread