+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 9/29 Results Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Re: 9/29 Results Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

After a quick AOL instant message check with a few ballroom dancers I regularly talk to, I can report that not one of us thinks the worst dancer was eliminated tonight. We all picked Tom Delay as the worst dancer by a wide margin with Kathy actually being the consensus third worst. We all recognize that DWTS has little or nothing to do with technically proficient dancing, properly scored by certified judges. The concept of scoring or judging someone for whom they are or what they may have done in life is completely foreign to us. For us, dance is a wonderful combination of art and science which, when combined successfully within certain agreed rules, creates something very beautiful and expressive which can be scored on its own merits alone.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3714449;
    I forgot about her (I always do, her and that basketball player that went early) when I think about that season.

So despite having some of the worst or mediocre partners, he's done fairly well for himself. Tony didn't look too shocked, and neither did Kathy. He and Maks are BFFs so it was probably sad that they were both in the bottom 2 and one of them was leaving. At least Tony has things coming up for him and can go home and spend time with his family, whom he always misses.

I checked vote #1 and since it was close and accurate I'll now be basing my hopes on that stupid site, until it goes the route of Dial Idol

Dang. That's a dance where all you really have to do is look sexy and potentially not move. She'll survive another week So that'd be Joanna, Melissa, Louie, and Mya (already confirmed). They'll probably split up the tango/quick step group. Not that I'd mine that many sambas, since I don't like the rumba.

REVISED: Krupa tweeted she's got SAMBA...
    that will be a test

And I was really shocked at how good Votenumber 1 was last season. They went back and forth all night and finally Gilles was .37% behind and the site couldn't call it...well we know what happened. Shawn won by less than 1%.. the good thing about the site is they've gotten better at tabulating, only one vote per ip addy, once a day, and they get 5 million hits.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3714503;

REVISED: Krupa tweeted she's got SAMBA...
    that will be a test

And I was really shocked at how good Votenumber 1 was last season. They went back and forth all night and finally Gilles was .37% behind and the site couldn't call it...well we know what happened. Shawn won by less than 1%.. the good thing about the site is they've gotten better at tabulating, only one vote per ip addy, once a day, and they get 5 million hits.
    Hmm. Well, still a lot of shaking her booty and looking sexy. Derek can just dance around her if she stinks.

I would think, between the two sites, Dial Idol was more accurate. Considering one is supposed to measure busy signal, even if it can't measure online votes or texts, and one you just vote on. But I'll certainly be paying better attention to it. I wasn't overly surprised by Chuck and Michael being in potential trouble. Debi is a little big of a shocker, but I really don't think she's got the fan base and you have celebs like Mark, Kelly, and Natalie that get praises for improving and/or being entertaining and doing something people remember. Debi isn't close to being the worst, but I'm not sure she fits into the above. I think with 13 couples left some are going to get lost in the shuffle.

Missed the show, just read through the thread -- what the heck is Debi doing in the bottom 2? The world's gone insane.

I can live with Kathy going now as long as Tom goes next. She's lovely and all, but watching her was painful. Watching Tom angers me, so he'd better go next. But I knew it was probably going to be Kathy, so I'm watching my blood pressure for one more week.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3714489;
    After a quick AOL instant message check with a few ballroom dancers I regularly talk to, I can report that not one of us thinks the worst dancer was eliminated tonight. We all picked Tom Delay as the worst dancer by a wide margin with Kathy actually being the consensus third worst. We all recognize that DWTS has little or nothing to do with technically proficient dancing, properly scored by certified judges. The concept of scoring or judging someone for whom they are or what they may have done in life is completely foreign to us. For us, dance is a wonderful combination of art and science which, when combined successfully within certain agreed rules, creates something very beautiful and expressive which can be scored on its own merits alone.
    Thank you for your post! I remember you from last season, and loved your input.

Who was the 2nd worst, amongst your peer voting?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3714507;
    Hmm. Well, still a lot of shaking her booty and looking sexy. Derek can just dance around her if she stinks.

I would think, between the two sites, Dial Idol was more accurate. Considering one is supposed to measure busy signal, even if it can't measure online votes or texts, and one you just vote on. But I'll certainly be paying better attention to it. I wasn't overly surprised by Chuck and Michael being in potential trouble. Debi is a little big of a shocker, but I really don't think she's got the fan base and you have celebs like Mark, Kelly, and Natalie that get praises for improving and/or being entertaining and doing something people remember. Debi isn't close to being the worst, but I'm not sure she fits into the above. I think with 13 couples left some are going to get lost in the shuffle.
    Karalott,
    You remember last night, before the performance show, I posted that my "mad scientist" computer program had Debi in last place.......then today, taking into account the judges scores from last night, I posted that my grid had Kathy being eliminated by a very slim margin. So I think the program works - or maybe I could have saved myself a lot of trouble and just gone to VoteNo.1 and gotten the same result, but it wouldn't be as much fun.
    Anyway, the thing that didn't jive was I also had Tom in the bottom 3. I still think he was - they are careful to say that the bottom 2 are the "bottom 2," but as we have seen in past seasons, they select the third "still in jeopardy" contestant for dramatic effect. I don't believe Louie was really the third lowest (like when they put Melissa in the bottom 3 last season).
    I'm going to keep at this even though you are right, it is very difficult to predict elimination at this stage of the competition because there is so little to separate the bottom 5-6. I just like doing the math to see if it is accurate.

FORT Fanatic

All right, so now I'm gettin all fangirly...Mark Dacascos just tweeted they're doing the Rumba...holy hannah... I am really ahem...happy.

sdl

Ok, no offense to USC, which I'm sure is a fine school, albeit in a horrible ghetto neighborhood, and has a good band - at least their uniforms look neat. The last time I saw them play in person was when they lost the National Championship game in the Rose Bowl to The University of Texas. Since then, I'm aware that they are the most talented team in the country to consistently lose a game to an unranked opponent each year and blow it.
    But who in the heck has bought their band's "albums" and made 2 of them go platinum?!? I'm definitely doing a fact check on that one.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3714511;
    Missed the show, just read through the thread -- what the heck is Debi doing in the bottom 2? The world's gone insane.

I can live with Kathy going now as long as Tom goes next. She's lovely and all, but watching her was painful. Watching Tom angers me, so he'd better go next. But I knew it was probably going to be Kathy, so I'm watching my blood pressure for one more week.

I PREDICT he's going to HANG ON (if the foot holds up) for at least 2 weeks more. Samba next...nice and slowwwww......and then the following week is the goofball "new dances" and he'll get the gawd awful 2-step, because he told Cheryl he was going to teach her a good ol Texas 2-step. Yeah it's a barf--a--rama, but I bet he's got a contract to stay until he gets to that point.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3714548;
    I PREDICT he's going to HANG ON (if the foot holds up) for at least 2 weeks more. Samba next...nice and slowwwww......and then the following week is the goofball "new dances" and he'll get the gawd awful 2-step, because he told Cheryl he was going to teach her a good ol Texas 2-step. Yeah it's a barf--a--rama, but I bet he's got a contract to stay until he gets to that point.
    I think those new dances are going to be a disaster. I read Tom knows the country two step called pretty well (basically isn't it line dancing?) I think there's different factors why he's still around, though I do believe he's likely near the bottom of the pack. And they're doing the Charleston (?!), Lambada, and Bolero. Considering none of the pros knows these dances, I think for the most part the couples will tank and get a beating from the judges, which I think is unfair, considering. If they're going to add dances, can't they add something less silly? I get they're real dances, but why dances that are going to make the bad dancers suck even worse?

Karalott,
    You remember last night, before the performance show, I posted that my "mad scientist" computer program had Debi in last place.......then today, taking into account the judges scores from last night, I posted that my grid had Kathy being eliminated by a very slim margin. So I think the program works - or maybe I could have saved myself a lot of trouble and just gone to VoteNo.1 and gotten the same result, but it wouldn't be as much fun.
    Anyway, the thing that didn't jive was I also had Tom in the bottom 3. I still think he was - they are careful to say that the bottom 2 are the "bottom 2," but as we have seen in past seasons, they select the third "still in jeopardy" contestant for dramatic effect. I don't believe Louie was really the third lowest (like when they put Melissa in the bottom 3 last season).
    I'm going to keep at this even though you are right, it is very difficult to predict elimination at this stage of the competition because there is so little to separate the bottom 5-6. I just like doing the math to see if it is accurate.
    I was wondering how that worked out. I'd like as many sources as possible, obviously the more accurate the better At least I can watch the results show with ease rather than panic knowing my favorite may be a goner, or dance in glee if it predicts Joanna, Aaron, or Melissa as going. From both Dial Idol and Vote #1, Louie looked to be in somewhat good shape. The way they did the eliminations tonight, going group by group (kind of stupid, imo), I guess they had to put someone else in the fake bottom 3. But I don't believe it was Louie.

+ Reply to Thread