+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 9/23 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/23 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The right people went home so I'm okay with that. The lion king performance was cool. I loved the giraffes! I'd like to see them outside the costume to see how they walked like that....lol. (I giraffes). The tribute to Patrick brought tears to my eyes. I love watching Anna and Jonathon dance together...you can see the love they have for each other in their body movements. I could watch Chelsea dance all day. Add Dmitri to the mix and Javajo is one happy girl! I thought Cheryl and Tony were really good and I had goose bumps throughout the entire tribute. Not to mention my leaky eyes.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3710018;
    I just read the bio on Ashley Hamilton, and it's official.
    1) He has the weakest professional resume of anyone ever to appear on DWTS - and that's saying a LOT.
    A month on a TV show 10 years ago. Works as a stand up comic at clubs in LA. Son of the tan guy and Rod Stewart's wife.
    2) But...he had the hottest wives for the shortest periods of time in the history of the show. Strike that. In the history of civilization.
    Married Shannon Dougherty 2 weeks after he met her; gone just after they consumated the deal.
    Married Angie Everhart; gone soon thereafter.
    Damn, I wish my last name was Hamilton.
    Ex-wife.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3709922;
    Edyta always gets the worst partners! She seems so sweet too.
    Because she actually IS sweet, she doesn't stand up for herself and demand real partners. I'm sure Karina, Cheryl (not that she didn't get a REAL stinker this time), and Julianne regularly fill the ears of the producers with campaigning noises for good picks, and I bet Edyta just takes whatever they give her.

I suppose the producers may have actually tried to claim that Ashley was "better" than most of the garbage they toss her way, because at least he wasn't a.) old b.) overly lumbery but they neglected to include the fact that he's a.) got as close to zero fanbase as humanly possible b.) not charming enough (as his Dad is) to generate NEW fans from being on this show.

Edyta was always doomed, as usual. In nine seasons she's gotten what? 2 decent partners?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3710024;
    Last season, there was a poster on the mother board who had worked in the past for ABC in advertising. She wrote some long posts explaining in detail how some of it can and does work. Someone else asked basically about overiding the public vote, and the poster said to watch the credits at the end where they claim the right to essentially "tinker" with the results for the sake of entertainment.

Now, when it came down to the end last season, one of our posters, sdl, who is an attorney found an inside source. What sdl found out from his source is that the DWTS producers decided ( somehow) that a large block of Gilles' votes were "dirty", and they discounted them. Were they? How would we know??? We wouldn't have even known that w/o the inside info. We still don't know if that made the over-riding difference.
    The point is that they can and do finagle when and if they want to. If they were cornered, I think they would say that their first priority is to produce an entertainment show, but they essentially adhere to the public's opinions.

One thing that I think I have noticed is that they do not indicate an accounting firm has verified the final vote as AI does.
    On a different show topic, I remember a contestant from the first season of Survivor who claimed that the producers told the contestants who didn't plan on voting her off, to vote her off. At the time, of course, it seemed like sour grapes. Maybe she had some truth to it, and maybe Maks did about the season 5 results. However, I might argue that Mel and Maks were extremely popular and the better dancers, so I don't see why the producers would go for Helio/Julianne. I can understand why they won, even though I don't agree with it and try to erase it from my memory (is there a conspiracy theory thread started here at the FORT? Maybe we need to start one ) Already people on other forums are saying Kathy was likely the eliminee, but they canned Macy because she was too unpredictable. I might actually buy that, but I don't think Macy going was a shocker. If anything, if anyone else got eliminated, she might have just announced she wanted to quit and let them stay. VFTW has plenty of people to get behind Now, next week the guest judge is someone Mya knows so I'm sure people will be watching to see if he shows any favoritism to her. AH reported that Donny Osmond may have had one year of private ballroom lessons prior to the show to prepare. He says he took dance lessons to help with his and Marie's Vegas show. So I doubt we've heard the end of conspiracies. Brooke's win never sat well with me, and if Joanna wins, I may wonder. Perhaps she'll earn it, but since this show is so much about popularity, and I think she'll have a lot of competition in the dance department, I may question if they continue to praise and feed Derek's ego every time.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3710024;
    Last season, there was a poster on the mother board who had worked in the past for ABC in advertising. She wrote some long posts explaining in detail how some of it can and does work. Someone else asked basically about overiding the public vote, and the poster said to watch the credits at the end where they claim the right to essentially "tinker" with the results for the sake of entertainment.

Now, when it came down to the end last season, one of our posters, sdl, who is an attorney found an inside source. What sdl found out from his source is that the DWTS producers decided ( somehow) that a large block of Gilles' votes were "dirty", and they discounted them. Were they? How would we know??? We wouldn't have even known that w/o the inside info. We still don't know if that made the over-riding difference.
    The point is that they can and do finagle when and if they want to. If they were cornered, I think they would say that their first priority is to produce an entertainment show, but they essentially adhere to the public's opinions.

One thing that I think I have noticed is that they do not indicate an accounting firm has verified the final vote as AI does.
    Interesting!!! So glad to hear the integrity level of all these shows is so high...just gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling, doesn't it!

It's 1/2 hour past the time for the other show thread to be unlocked. (grrrr)
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Didn't they say they were going to premiere a Miley Cyrus video on the program tonight? Don't get me wrong, I can live without that, but did I miss it or did they not show it?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.

Please, please don't make me even think about Joanna winning!!!

I usually never vote, mostly because I never watch it in real time (don't like wasting time on commericals, especially when I can waste time on message boards). However, if Joanna makes it down to the end, I will be forced to vote!

Does anyone else think Debbie Mazar looks like the old fashioned Barbie?

Con amor, Barbie on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I've always thought that she looks just like that Barbie!

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3710061;
    Does anyone else think Debbie Mazar looks like the old fashioned Barbie?

Con amor, Barbie on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I've always thought that she looks just like that Barbie!
    Absolutely!!!

+ Reply to Thread