+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 9/23 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Premium Member

Re: 9/23 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Aww I want Jonathan to come back, I would rather see him than some new pro.

Yes, there is a God. Macy is out and Kathy is still in. :

Off to watch Eastwick...
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by rvon;3709921;
    I don't feel bad about Macy leaving because I had heard and read all sorts of reports that she regretted signing up to do this. Guess she will be happy now. I feel bad for Jonathan though.
    I couldn't reference it, but I had read one of the gossip sites ( maybe Popeaters?) which was reporting on behind the scenes at DWTS a few days ago. The word on Macy ( who I have to say I didn't know) was that her attitude was really bad. She left practices early, skipped some practices, and made remarks to the effect of (paraphrased but correct), "Why did I let myself get into this?"

At first I was really confused when Macy pulled so many fan votes on DI (easily top position) in opposition to the low judges' scores and the bad reports. However, getting voted off is in keeping with a poster's explanation to me that Macy most likely received "vote for the worst" calls. As we found out at the end of last season, the producers in the name of entertainment reserve the right to the final say on all voting.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Good show...the right people went home. Macy definitely should have been the first girl and either Ashley or Tom should have been the first guy, so I'm happy.

Loved the Lion King and the Patrick Swayze tribute. (Really noticed Tony's weight gain tonight, especially in the face. Is he done with the movie?)

So thankful for DVRs!!! Don't know what I would do if I couldn't fast forward all of Samantha!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3710005;
    I couldn't reference it, but I had read one of the gossip sites ( maybe Popeaters?) which was reporting on behind the scenes at DWTS a few days ago. The word on Macy ( who I have to say I didn't know) was that her attitude was really bad. She left practices early, skipped some practices, and made remarks to the effect of (paraphrased but correct), "Why did I let myself get into this?"

At first I was really confused when Macy pulled so many fan votes on DI (easily top position) in opposition to the low judges' scores and the bad reports. However, getting voted off is in keeping with a poster's explanation to me that Macy most likely received "vote for the worst" calls. As we found out at the end of last season, the producers in the name of entertainment reserve the right to the final say on all voting.
    So they can override the public vote??

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3710007;
    So they can override the public vote??
    Maks had some issues when he came in 2nd in season 5. I can't remember exactly what he said, but something about how, like on any reality show, there's the fine print where the producers reserve the right to tinker with the show for entertainment value. They can add changes to spice things up, and I'm assuming if they wanted to pluck one of the judges or co-hosts or mix up the dances they can. Whether it means they can actually switch the results I don't know, but that's what Maks seemed to be implying. I had, as did others, suspicions during season 7 when Brooke won over fan favorite Warren. I don't put much stock into DI, because I don't think they were right once last season. Also, they had all the women too close to call. I can believe Macy got voted off on her own merits (and I swear if they do tinker with results they better not use their power to keep Joanna around ).

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3710012;
    Maks had some issues when he came in 2nd in season 5. I can't remember exactly what he said, but something about how, like on any reality show, there's the fine print where the producers reserve the right to tinker with the show for entertainment value. They can add changes to spice things up, and I'm assuming if they wanted to pluck one of the judges or co-hosts or mix up the dances they can. Whether it means they can actually switch the results I don't know, but that's what Maks seemed to be implying. I had, as did others, suspicions during season 7 when Brooke won over fan favorite Warren. I don't put much stock into DI, because I don't think they were right once last season. Also, they had all the women too close to call. I can believe Macy got voted off on her own merits (and I swear if they do tinker with results they better not use their power to keep Joanna around ).
    Thanks for the background, and I couldn't agree with you more regarding Joanna!!

sdl

I just read the bio on Ashley Hamilton, and it's official.
    1) He has the weakest professional resume of anyone ever to appear on DWTS - and that's saying a LOT.
    A month on a TV show 10 years ago. Works as a stand up comic at clubs in LA. Son of the tan guy and Rod Stewart's wife.
    2) But...he had the hottest wives for the shortest periods of time in the history of the show. Strike that. In the history of civilization.
    Married Shannon Dougherty 2 weeks after he met her; gone just after they consumated the deal.
    Married Angie Everhart; gone soon thereafter.
    Damn, I wish my last name was Hamilton.

They'll keep Joanna, believe me. Sex factor to bring in more men. My husband was drooling as she danced! (I think she's sexy, but there's something funny looking about her mouth. Just my opinion of course!)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3710012;
    Last season, there was a poster on the mother board who had worked in the past for ABC in advertising. She wrote some long posts explaining in detail how some of it can and does work. Someone else asked basically about overiding the public vote, and the poster said to watch the credits at the end where they claim the right to essentially "tinker" with the results for the sake of entertainment.

Now, when it came down to the end last season, one of our posters, sdl, who is an attorney found an inside source. What sdl found out from his source is that the DWTS producers decided ( somehow) that a large block of Gilles' votes were "dirty", and they discounted them. Were they? How would we know??? We wouldn't have even known that w/o the inside info. We still don't know if that made the over-riding difference.
    The point is that they can and do finagle when and if they want to. If they were cornered, I think they would say that their first priority is to produce an entertainment show, but they essentially adhere to the public's opinions.

One thing that I think I have noticed is that they do not indicate an accounting firm has verified the final vote as AI does.

+ Reply to Thread