+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 9/23 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/23 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Edyta always gets the worst partners! She seems so sweet too.

ITA, Macy did not want to be there. Must have been her PR agent who dreamed it up and forced it on her.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Premium Member

Glad Kathy stayed, but I feel bad for Jonathan and Edyta. Hopefully next season they get better partners. Grrr.

The two I picked to leave are gone. I would have been just as happy (or happier, actually) if Tom Delay had gone. At least Ashley is pretty to look at. Delay just gives me the creeps. Enough with the t-shirt tucked into the sweat pants.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3709928;
    The two I picked to leave are gone. I would have been just as happy (or happier, actually) if Tom Delay had gone. At least Ashley is pretty to look at. Delay just gives me the creeps. Enough with the t-shirt tucked into the sweat pants.
    Delay is majorly creepy. Like serial killer creepy.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3709803;
    I guess the bright side is there's no dance offs this week. Because the majority of these dances I don't ever want to see again
    Will they do some dance offs this season though, karalott? Probably when they get down to fewer contestants?

Soooo glad that Macy's leaving.
    I do love Jonathan and will miss him. The only saving grace is that, while reading an old bio of his it talks about his sports background and how he's competitive and is "in it to win it." For someone like that to have a partner like Macy who appeared to be on drugs during the show would be painful.
    Didn't I see on the screen last night during his introduction that he was the American Smooth champ for 2008? If that's the case, he stays busy even when he's not preparing to get kicked off DWTS.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3709933;
    Will they do some dance offs this season though, karalott? Probably when they get down to fewer contestants?
    From what I read, there will be dance offs. Weeks 5, 6, and 7, when 11 couples are left, they'll be back to doing double eliminations (but I don't believe it's going to be the lowest scoring guy and girl, just whoever). The lowest scoring couple is automatically sent home. However, the other two couples in the bottom 3 will compete in the dance off. And according to the producers, it's going to be a secret dance that hasn't been seen yet. So they won't be performing a previous routine.

Now last season, the dance off was the judges giving the couples a new set of scores and them factoring all the scores together. The way it works on Strictly is, the bottom 2 couples compete in the dance off and the judges pick between the two who they want to stay, not factoring anything else in. Louis mentioned at some point this season, the audience won't vote, so I wonder if they're changing the rules of the dance off up

Not sad to see Macy or Ashley go, but feel bad for Edyta and Jonathan. Not to mention Tony, who will be going home before long I'm sure.

Tom Delay should have Ballroom next week, right? Should be a bit, er, tamer than this week's performance. He could do very well in ballroom, IMO.

Lion King performance was fabulous, as always. If you haven't seen it in person, you really need to. It is absolutely stunning.

I was watching SYTYCD but the second it was over came running over here to read who went home. I was hoping for Macy and either Tom or Ashley so I am very happy with the outcome.

Who the heck did Jonathon and Anna tick off anyways? Seriously. They got some duds this season but at least Chuck is likeable and that should carry him far. My husband was interested to see if Chucks "brain damage would affect his ability to dance". Evidently he's taken a bit too many hits to the head and is having some sort of brain damage issues. I can't remember everything he told me, I was only half listening lol. He hasn't been into DWTS since Jerry Rice was on but he likes all the athletes on this season so I actually get company at home to watch.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I do hope Jonathan gets another chance. He's not someone I see the show begging to keep on. If they scale back the number of couples next season, or the winner in this year's pick a pro contest is male, he'd probably be the first on canned. They haven't given him a fair chance in the past 3 seasons he's been on. Take out season 7 when he didn't appear and technically he's been booted 3 times in a row.

+ Reply to Thread