+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 9/23 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/23 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I didn't get to watch the results show but I'm glad to hear that Macy is gone. I'd rather have Tom gone b/c Ashley is better to look at but maybe he'll be gone next week. One can only hope. I can honestly say that I'm not getting that into it this season. Maybe next week will be better. Not sure. I love dance and this show but just not feeling it this season.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3710123;
    Macy Gray is one odd chick. I am glad to see her go. What a tool.
    I agree. I felt like she really didn't want to be there and wasn't enjoying herself. Poor Jonathon, too. He tried to be so upbeat, but every now and then his mask would slip and you could see his misery. She reminded me of Master P. Lazy, uninterested, and maybe even a bit embarrassed to even be on the show.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3710036;
    Because she actually IS sweet, she doesn't stand up for herself and demand real partners. I'm sure Karina, Cheryl (not that she didn't get a REAL stinker this time), and Julianne regularly fill the ears of the producers with campaigning noises for good picks, and I bet Edyta just takes whatever they give her.

I suppose the producers may have actually tried to claim that Ashley was "better" than most of the garbage they toss her way, because at least he wasn't a.) old b.) overly lumbery but they neglected to include the fact that he's a.) got as close to zero fanbase as humanly possible b.) not charming enough (as his Dad is) to generate NEW fans from being on this show.

Edyta was always doomed, as usual. In nine seasons she's gotten what? 2 decent partners?
    I suspect that the producers decided to burden poor Edyta with Ashley because she had already partnered with his much more charismatic father (or maybe the Hamiltons requested her). Either way, it was a "gimmick", and I doubt she had the option to refuse, or could have lobbied enough to reverse that call.

Poor Edyta. And did you notice that Alec had the b****h-face on all night after his wife got eliminated, even with Natalie and him being called safe first?

Well, it was nice to see the first eliminated persons be the ones that actually deserved to go home.

Macy may be sweet but she is one hot mess as a dancer.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic

I really feel for Jonathan. Last night she didn't show up on Kimmel. Ashley and Edyta were there and Jonathan had to make excuses for her, like she was so disraught that she went home after all her hard work...oh boy, I'd say that has got to be the lamest thing I've ever heard. She didn't seem to be happy in getting Jonathan, and I just think she wanted to be rid of the show all together.

The most entertaining thing about the elimination show was the Lion King, watching Sean Kingston bored me to tears, he is horrible, voice with little ability to carry a tune. Edyta and Alec are two of my favorite dancers so sorry to see Edyta leave. Seems she always draws the worst partner. I miss Julianne always love watching her dance but she had started developing an attitude. I like all the pros actually but some do develop attitudes. Guess it depends on who they draw for a partner. It would be interesting to see what criteria the show uses to partner the pros. Whatever it is, it's definitely not fair for the same pro to keep drawing bad partners, Tony is another one of my favorites and he always draws one of the worst dancers.

The judge's irritate me by showing favoritism to certain celebrities that are not all that good. This year they are really pumping Kelly Osbourne, for some reason. She is ok but not all that great some of the other dancers are far better and deserved better comments. The Osbournes must have a lot of pull with ABC, and so does the Osmonds as far as that goes. This type of behavior by a show tends to make me change channels. However, the Lion King was worth watching the whole thing.

I have always loved DWTS but it's starting to get old with same old same old pushing certain celebrities. I have always enjoyed watching the worst celebrity dancers (that really try) improve as the show goes on. When they come out of the gate dancing like a pro (nice to watch) but kinda spoils it for me I want to see how they improve as the show goes on.

I feel bad for Edyta as well. Besides not having the charisma people were looking for, he was also still learning to move after being a wheelchair for 1.5 years. What was casting thinking? Macy said she went on the show, because after she was invited, her mother said she should. She was invited? Without putting out feelers? Casting is strange this year. I'm glad I forgot to tape Kimble for the weekly burning of the capezios because then I didn't have to see Jonathan make excuses for her.

I really hate that they made the front runners wait for the final three to be called safe. I thought Kelly was going to collapse, especially since she and Louis were honored with the first encore of the season. I'm pretty sure (I haven't checked the stats) that she won the women's night because voters with dance sensibility would have voted for her.

I look forward to a crammed Tuesday with 12 dancers left. Didn't I hear Tom say that they are doing another double elimination next week? I wonder if they will split them into separate hours with the men or women first hour followed by the men or women second hour?

I'm glad for the elimination choices. Next week it's Tom's turn to go home. I'm afraid Kathy will also go based on the skills she's shown so far. I'll miss her because she is a classy lady as well as a fellow HS allum.

As far as the filler stuff went I loved the Lion King performnace. I can always do without Miley, and the rapper was meh. I was happy they did such a good job on the Patrick Swayze tribute. I feel sorry for Tony missing the last lift with Cheryl. That was supposed to be the climax of the routine. Oh well, at least they had a good attitude about the miss. The celebs could learn a thing or two about that.

I agree with the eliminations. And I agree that Macy probably wanted to go. Interesting postings about the favoritism about certain celebrities. I guess we'll see how far Donny goes - I predict it will be pretty far, no matter how he dances! I predict the judges are going to be fond of Kelly too (but that's OK with me because I like her and I think she did a great job)!

Loved the Lion King number and loved, loved, loved the Patrick Swayze tribute.

Can Miley Cyrus sing? I think you can take any "teen wonder," give her a microphone, and she'd sound like that. I can't understand the fascination with her. I wonder how she'd do on AI. She wasn't even there - it was a clip. Don't think it should have been included in a DANCING show!

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3710101;
    I'm on the east coast. I can only assume it was shown at 8pm pacific just as it was shown at 8pm est. That would mean it finished at 12am est, you posted at 11.32pm est.
    The threads get unlocked when they get unlocked.
    It's a manual procedure and a mod, writer or FA will unlock when they get a chance.
    Thanks for the info. It's always frustrating when I think I've "got it", only to find out "nope".

Based on my time zone, the show would have been over for 1/2 hour on the West coast (thus my post), unless they aired it in a different timeslot.

Those West coasters are so slow! (that was a joke)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3710273;
    I really hate that they made the front runners wait for the final three to be called safe. I thought Kelly was going to collapse, especially since she and Louis were honored with the first encore of the season. I'm pretty sure (I haven't checked the stats) that she won the women's night because voters with dance sensibility would have voted for her.
    I don't like it either, but they do it for maximum suspense (for the viewers).
    I look forward to a crammed Tuesday with 12 dancers left. Didn't I hear Tom say that they are doing another double elimination next week? I wonder if they will split them into separate hours with the men or women first hour followed by the men or women second hour?
    My local TV Guide listing shows Tuesday to be a one hour show.

That's another thing that I hate about this show. Multiple nights, different starting times, different length of show, all potentially varying each week. TPTB make it challenging to both record and watch it live. They should pay us!
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

+ Reply to Thread