Thread: 9/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3709426;
    Yep, that's what Macy said according to People
    Such class......

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3709291;
    Actually, way before even that TV show, Donny was a huge, huge star! Around 1970 or so, every 10-12 year old girl in the US probably had at least one picture of Donnie, with or without his brothers on the bedroom wall--think Hannah Montana or Jonas Brothers, he was that big . He had several 'solo' hit records and with the Osmond brothers sold millions.

As for Mya, I think she could count as a legitimate star too...from Wickipedia.com

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Mưa

Associated acts Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Pink, Missy Elliott, Dru Hill, Silkk the Shocker, Sisqó
    Website www.MyaMya.com MYAMYA.COM | BEAUTY & THE STREETS VOL.1 IN STORES SEPT 29

Mưa Marie Harrison (born October 10, 1979), professionally known mononymously as Mưa, is an American R&B singer-songwriter, record producer, actress, dancer, and choreographer.

Born and raised in Washington, D.C., Harrison's eponymous debut album with Interscope Records was released in April 1998, and sold over a million copies in the United States, producing the gold-certified top ten single "It's All About Me" featuring Sisqo.[1]Her second studio album, platinum-selling Fear of Flying, was released in 2000 and became a success stateside and worldwide, with lead single "Case of the Ex" becoming Mưa's breakthrough hit, reaching number-one on the Australian Singles Chart.[1] A year after, Harrison won her first Grammy Award for the worldwide number-one hit "Lady Marmalade," a cover version she recorded alongside Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, and Pink for the soundtrack of the film Moulin Rouge! (2001).[1] The singer's third album Moodring was released in July 2003 stateside and eventually certified gold by the RIAA.[1] Following several label changes, Mưa's often-delayed fourth studio album, Liberation (2007), received a download-release in Japan only and led to her 2008 Japan-exclusive album Sugar & Spice.[2]

Having expanded her career to acting and product endorsement deals, Harrison has been engaged in product endorsement deals with brands such as Coca-Cola, Iceberg, Tommy Hilfiger, and Motorola and has appeared in films such as Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights (2004), Shall We Dance? (2004) and Cursed (2005). In 2002, she had a supporting role in the film adaptation of the 1975 Broadway musical Chicago, for which she won a Screen Actors Guild Award.[3]
    These responses have been eye opening, which is why I asked.
    Unfortunately, I'm old enough to remember when Donnie Osmond was Hanna Montana big - definitely concede star status to him.
    Melissa Joan Hart was a pretty big deal in her teenage years as well, and I actually loved her more recent made for cable movie, The Fiance. So count me wrong on her.
    Honestly, I don't get Tom DeLay - I mean I know why HE would want to change his image but I'm from his congressional district, voted for him many times, but his career ended in total disgrace.....and the indictment is still pending. Wow, why not invite that Illinois Governor who was selling Obama's senate seat? He's famous too.
    I'm holding out on Mya - whenever someone publicizes that they had a hot download in Japan!! That's the kiss of death for an entertainment career.
    Overall, it's the same as always. Few people come on DWTS because they are doing GREAT but love to dance...it's a jumpstart for the non-existent to dying career. But we cheer for many of them anyway. Gilles was a complete nobody but probably my favorite performer on this show so far.
    Here's what I find interesting - there are some who have bad reps as jerks or bi@tches (eg Charlie Sheen's ex and, this season, Joanna Krupa) and they bring the same tired act to the show and only reinforce that impression. How delusional must they be to think that they will be loved after doing a show that exposes them further?
    Anyway, this is my favorite show. Looks to be fun as always.
    Whatever they pay Tom Bergeron, it's not enough.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3709430;
    Such class......
    Yeah, not a fan...luckily it was hard to hear and I could feign ignorance when my 14 year old asked why everyone was laughing.

Regarding Macy's bleeped comment, Jillian Harris (Bachelorette 5) made almost the same comment in regards to Reid's first helicopter ride, except that it was something like "I popped your helicopter cherry" or "you've popped your helicopter cherry". It was aired and not bleeped, on the same network. That scene was taped, not live, and in the same timeslot or an hour later, too.
    Last edited by VelvetRed; 09-23-2009 at 02:53 PM.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I'd never heard of Mya before, but I had a strong feeling, from her background, she'd do well and she definitely did.
    Melissa is kind of the Jennie Garth of this season. So, I think like Jennie, she'll be trainable, but not a great dancer.
    Models never seem to do well on this show. I really love Kathy, but I could see why she was banned from the aerobic class. I do hope she gets to stay, though, as a lot of celebrities can take cues from her on how to behave...
    I'd never heard of Joanna before and after seing the pic of her when she was very young, it was easy to see that she had had a lot of surgery done to her face and overly huge implants. She looks like she's morphed into one of the mean girls from high school - she just comes across as mean and overly fake. It's too bad she is a good dancer. I happen to really like Derek, so I am sorry to see him saddled with her.
    Kelly was a total delight. Kudos to Louis - they make a great pair.
    I think Natalie will go far. Being an Olympian, she has a huge fanbase. And, she is good.
    I missed Debi's opening dance. Darn. I've always enjoyed her as an actress, so I hope she'll improve.
    Macy has always given off that vulnerable look. She kind of reminds me of a latter day Billie Holiday. There's a lot of pain in her face. And, I did find her kind of mesmerizing to watch. She's far from great, but she is compelling to look at.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Gonna be a fun season with lots to talk about. Seeing Donny Osmond dance just makes me happy as I'm the generation that just loved The Donny and Marie show!! Loved Mark from Iron Chef and was so surprised to also like the snowboarder Louie. As a major Cowboy fan - love Michael Irvin and am so disappointed with his partner - she will be a liability with the choreographing - wish he gotten Cheryl.

Thanks for all the updates on Joanna - didn't know where I had seen her before. Watched a few of the Superstars to see Terrell Owens - he is such a gifted athlete (don't care for his off field antics but appreciate what an amazing talent he is) - it was fun to watch him and she really came off as a total diva and jerk.

I absolutely cried when Kelly performed last night - what a metamorphosis - amazing partner she has!! Hope this will help her get confidence and keep her life on track!!! My favorite girl that I will be voting for- I never thought I would be saying that.

My husband thought Macy was high. Natalie didn't do it for me - left me cold. Wanted Debi to do better.

Glad to have something to obsess over now that BB is over!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I have to say, I thought it was pretty amusing when they kept cutting to the men last night after one of the girls gave a killer performance. They didn't look too happy

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3709618;
    I have to say, I thought it was pretty amusing when they kept cutting to the men last night after one of the girls gave a killer performance. They didn't look too happy
    I noticed that too! In the past, it seems as though the men have lasted longer...

Hey, SDL. Nobody's commented on Debi Mazar, as far as I know, but she's had a very respectable career, and is well-loved by those of us who know her acting. In the early 90s, she was in Goodfellas, Jungle Fever, The Doors, and Little Man Tate. She was a regular on LA Law in 1993-94 (21 episodes). She was in Bullets Over Broadway and Batman Forever.

From 2000-2002, she was a lead in an excellent show called That's Life, and she's been guest start on a bunch of well-known TV shows. In 2007, she got an Emmy nomination for her ongoing role in Entourage, an extremely popular and successful show on HBO. And she's scheduled for a recurring role on the popular [recently] new series Castle.

She's more of a character actress than a lead, but she's solidly successful. She's definitely a high B list star, and she's tight with A-listers like Madonna (don't know if that's worth anything in terms of her cred, but I thought it was interesting).
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Okay episode 2 The ladies dance. (which means Maks!)

haha Kelly is dancing with the Dutch man?
    and again Derek has a pretty young girl. Probably someone who can dance. :nono Has he ever danced with a dud as you call it? Do not like him one inch! one centimeter!

Maks and Debi. They were making me laugh. Please let Debi be good and popular!

O no. I like her but she is too hesitant while dancing and it shows!
    Maks is not going to be there very long I am afraid . Hope she can get rid of her nerves.

Mark the not so deserving winner in my eyes of last season. I also am not a fan of him. Sorry i do not like those fake types. fake and cheesy.

How old is Sabrina? in her thirties? Do not know yet if I like her or not. will see. Benefit of the doubt. she looks nice.

Dimitry. I was a fan of his at SYTYCD. With whom was he paired of last year?
    Not sure if I liked him last year? must go check this board and my old posts.
    Mya an actress? I only know her from years ago when I think she had a hit? she will probably be able to dance. Ah she has had dance classes her whole life. Huge advantage. You can say it is different but I think everyone who has danced in there career has an advantage. Like Aaron Carter, Donny Osmond and now Mya and more. Oh well it is the same every season.

Yep she can dance.

+ Reply to Thread