+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 9/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Re: 9/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3709278;
    SDL--hi. Good to see you here. You know I always love reading your pssts.

About Louie Vito--I posted a link to an article about him in the thread here with his name on it. I think you might find him an interesting "maverick."

As for Tom DeLay--I've been thinking and I can't come up with another alleged indicted felon they've had on DWTS.
    There was that whole tax evasion thing with Helio Castroneves (came out after the show).

However, looks like he was acquitted in April...

"A federal jury acquitted Castroneves on six counts of tax evasion but was hung on one count of conspiracy."

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3709349;
    There was that whole tax evasion thing with Helio Castroneves (came out after the show).

However, looks like he was acquitted in April...

"A federal jury acquitted Castroneves on six counts of tax evasion but was hung on one count of conspiracy."
    The conspiracy count was later dropped or the DA declined to retry him on that charge, can't remember which. Helio's free and clear. Would love to see him voted in for Design a Dance, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3709289;
    Her voice is too feminine and soft. I always "heard" Lula's voice as more New Yorkish and harder in my mind. Although looks wise and with gaining about 50 or so pounds she would be a great choice. Lula is described as plus sized but likes to dress in spandex. I love that series of novels, they really need to make them into movies.
    I was only half serious. I do think there is a lot to Macy Gray that can translate into Lula, but I've always pictured JerseyGirl Queen Latifah, too. It's who I picture in my head when I read the books.

Natalie, Kelly, and Mark are my favorite at the moment.
    Same here... and throw in Donny. I love his sheer joy at being on and doing well. It's infectious.

Anybody else see LaToya Jackson sitting in the front row last night? What's up with the Jacksons populating this show? Didn't think this was exactly their "bag"....oh wait....are they doing a Patrick S and a Michael J tribute tonight then?
    I haven't heard of any MJ tribute. I know that Jermaine has been there in support of Donny.. just imagining that that might still be the case here with LaToya. But she's also probably trying to hold onto her self-perceived 15 minutes of regenerated fame.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I definitely think that a woman is going to walk away with the 'ball' this year. The only two male contenders, IMO, are Donny and Aaron. Aaron isn't bad - and probably has the tween/teen fanbase voting for him. I just keep hearing 'I want candy' everytime I see him. Donny... I don't think he's *that* good but has a huge fanbase in those that were born prior to 1970 I suppose. I'm 30 and I have NO idea who he really is, other than him having a show in the 70's and being Marie's brother. (Hadn't really heard of her either when she was on)

A lot of the women really have potential - maybe it will be an all woman final three?? IMO, the only ones that *don't* have a shot at the finals are Kathy, Macy, and Debi - and even Debi has a chance at getting better. All of the other women did pretty well and could definitely work hard and do some great things later on. I don't see that in the men.

I don't know why, but I didn't enjoy this premiere as much as I have enjoyed other DWTS premieres in the past - it seemed a bit boring and too long.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3708956;
    Up next Macy and Jonathan, I feel bad for Jonathan. He deserved better than that diva.
    Macy seems pretty nice, a little odd, strange but over all nice. I've never seen, heard her perform her music before.

Kelly Osbourne did very, very well on both dances. The group number, I thought she should've won. She may win this season.
    Last edited by graycat11; 09-23-2009 at 11:13 AM.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by paridy
    My rankings for the foxtrot relay

Natalie/Alec
    Joanna/Derek
    Debi/Maks
    Kathy/Tony

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3709067;
    Joanna will get first, even though I think Natalie should. Between the two, I thought she was better.
    My thoughts too and Joanna came in first!! Natalie should have come in first.

Who..da thunkk it??? Go KELLY!
    To be a Fly on the wall! Seek and ye shall find!

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3709353;
    The conspiracy count was later dropped or the DA declined to retry him on that charge, can't remember which. Helio's free and clear. Would love to see him voted in for Design a Dance, too!
    Thanks for the additional info. Helio seems like a nice guy, but Mel B should have definitely won that season!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Yep, that's what Macy said according to People

The Grammy-award winning singer Macy Gray had everyone on their toes, even the producers. After her first turn on the dance floor, Gray was asked how she felt. “I feel like I just busted my cherry.” While viewers struggled to figure out what she said, the audience roared with laughter. Tom DeLay was spotted wiping away tears from laughing so hard. A source added that backstage was no different: “Everyone was laughing, from the designers to production assistants!”
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread