Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tom DeLay - Season 9

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Tom DeLay - Season 9

Tom DeLay

PROFESSION:
    Politician

BACKGROUND:
    DWTS is a long way from Washington D.C.'s world of politics, so we're anxious to see just how well this Texas native can do the two-step!

One of the most influential Republican figures in the early 2000s, Tom DeLay rose through the ranks in the United States House of Representatives to become the Majority Leader of the Republican Party. His aggressive "Grow the Vote" method of party discipline, where he never lost a vote, earned him the nickname of "The Hammer" from the Washington Post.

As foster parents, Tom and his wife Christine are dedicated to improving America's foster care system and have founded Rio Bend, a community that serves as a safe, permanent home for abused and neglected children. He is currently President of First Principles LLC, a strategic political consulting firm based in Washington D.C. and Houston, Texas.

ABC.com - Dancing With The Stars - Stars

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Tom DeLay - Season 9

With names like Al Shaprton, Dan Quail, and Monica Lewinsky rumored over the seasons, Tom DeLay really doesn't bother me. Even though I think politicians shouldn't be included, because they don't stand a chance. Anyone want to place bets he won't be the first one to go? Oh well, Cheryl was due.

hmmm, I don't think he will last long, but he might be an okay dancer . . .hard to tell. I also think even if he's bad he might get a lot of votes from political types and others who just want to keep him in for awhile to snicker.

Is this for real? Tom just could be our surprise dancer this season. Maybe he will give Donny a run for his money!

Donny out first. Tom can follow him sometime later. Nooooooooooooooooooo!!! No more Osmonds.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

I literally thought when my mother told me this guy was on that it was a joke. Come on this is just plain nonsense he is not a star, and that is so polarizing to have a politician on. What next the Pope?

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3670009;
    Is this for real? Tom just could be our surprise dancer this season. Maybe he will give Donny a run for his money!
    Tom's daughter says people are going to be surprised at the nice person that he is and that he can dance. I'm not surprised that he is a really nice person because I already knew that.

I read that he and his partner, Cheryl, were rehearsing in Sugarland, Tx where he is from, but read somewhere else that they were seen practicing in Dallas. Also read that he was on Sean Hannity's radio show Wednesday and he sounded so excited about being on DWTS. I hope he does well, even though I don't want Cheryl to win again just because she has already won twice and it's time for one of the old pros to win.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3672816;
    Tom's daughter says people are going to be surprised at the nice person that he is and that he can dance. I'm not surprised that he is a really nice person because I already knew that.

I read that he and his partner, Cheryl, were rehearsing in Sugarland, Tx where he is from, but read somewhere else that they were seen practicing in Dallas. Also read that he was on Sean Hannity's radio show Wednesday and he sounded so excited about being on DWTS. I hope he does well, even though I don't want Cheryl to win again just because she has already won twice and it's time for one of the old pros to win.
    So Tom could be our "dark horse"! That will be fun. I caught him on one of the entertainment talk shows showing off his new dance shoes that say are killing his feet. He seemed very enthused. I think it is significant that he has been paired with Cheryl. She is an extraordinary dancer/teacher and after last season's steamy dances with Gilles, I wonder what she has up her sleeve for Tom! I am looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3671310;
    I literally thought when my mother told me this guy was on that it was a joke. Come on this is just plain nonsense he is not a star, and that is so polarizing to have a politician on. What next the Pope?
    Hey, the Pope IS dropping a cd,maybe he does dance as well. Now THAT would be a ringer.

I for one will NOT be watching this season.

Tom Delay is one of the most disgusting EX politicians ever.

I like my reality tv as an escape from the regular world and I will NOT be a party to bug catcher's public persona make over

count me OUT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast