+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tom DeLay - Season 9

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Tom DeLay - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3708754;
    I wish we still had the threads with both contestant and pro name in the title.

And I haven't seen any individual pro threads either.

But anyway, I only saw Cheryl in the intro (coming down the stairs), and I thought she looked great and much thinner than last season. I enjoy her dancing and choreography but I really don't want to watch Tom try to dance.
    There are individual pro threads for the first couple of seasons in the last few pages of this thread (I ran across them while digging through this forum one day).

Tom, well that was fairly interesting. I don't think the song "Wild Thing" will ever be the same again. I'm not even sure what to say about his dance. I'll give him this, I think he's all about having fun and wanting to try his hardest. I don't think he deserved a 16 for his dance, however, and almost wonder if the judges took pity on Michael and Anna and gave them 3rd in the relay. I doubt he'll last long. I predict Ashley will likely go first this week, but if not him then I say Tom of the men. While he seems to be having a good time, I don't think he's a Chuck or a Louie to be able to last through entertainment value. But I've certainly been wrong before.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3708775;
    There are individual pro threads for the first couple of seasons in the last few pages of this thread (I ran across them while digging through this forum one day).
    Thanks! For some reason (probably because of last season's celeb&pro threads), I thought there would be pro threads for this season (since this season's threads only have the celeb name). If the old pro threads aren't locked, then I guess we can post there. I didn't think to check that first.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Tom, well that was fairly interesting. I don't think the song "Wild Thing" will ever be the same again. I'm not even sure what to say about his dance. I'll give him this, I think he's all about having fun and wanting to try his hardest. I don't think he deserved a 16 for his dance, however, and almost wonder if the judges took pity on Michael and Anna and gave them 3rd in the relay. I doubt he'll last long. I predict Ashley will likely go first this week, but if not him then I say Tom of the men. While he seems to be having a good time, I don't think he's a Chuck or a Louie to be able to last through entertainment value. But I've certainly been wrong before.
    He's controversial so he'll be around at least for a couple of episodes. I don't expect him to be gone tonight but it would be nice if he would hit the road. That image of DeLay with his sweat pants pulled up almost all the way under his armpits, hair carefully coiffed and that plastic smile plastered on his face... I'm still working on erasing that from my brain. Besides, the ones who skeeve me out always end up staying.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fogey

I predict Ashley will likely go first this week, but if not him then I say Tom of the men. While he seems to be having a good time, I don't think he's a Chuck or a Louie to be able to last through entertainment value. But I've certainly been wrong before.
    I think Ashley will and probably should go first. There was absolutely no entertainment value in his performance(s), and since he is much younger and supposedly hipper than Tom, he has less excuse for not doing better IMO.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3709553;
    He's controversial so he'll be around at least for a couple of episodes. I don't expect him to be gone tonight but it would be nice if he would hit the road. That image of DeLay with his sweat pants pulled up almost all the way under his armpits, hair carefully coiffed and that plastic smile plastered on his face... I'm still working on erasing that from my brain. Besides, the ones who skeeve me out always end up staying.
    I wouldn't say he skeeved me out, but he was a little over-the-top with the hammy moves. I have very little knowledge of him other than he was involved in some political scandal quite a few years ago, but nowadays that is nothing new and seems to be a common place occurrence. He reminds of those Sunday morning evangelical preachers on the religious channel with their hair sprayed stiff, clothes from the who knows what decade, and the fake plastered on smile. His dancing was iffy, but he was better than Ashley Hamilton (who dances like one of those zombies from Night of the Living Dead).

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3709702;
    His dancing was iffy, but he was better than Ashley Hamilton (who dances like one of those zombies from Night of the Living Dead).
    LOL that you said that, because I literally thought the same thing about Macy at one or more points during one or more of her dances.

I did not watch anything on the show about Tom and it is sounding like that was a wise choice (yay me!).
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

Ah, a little satirical irony followed by some more of the same when they advertised the new upcoming film, "Where the Wild Things Are."

Is this waste of space off the show yet?

I refuse to watch until he is gone

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'vr actually been somewhat impressed by Tom. Okay, impressed by his tango, I'm still reeling from his cha cha. It was probably one of the worst tangos, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected.

And I have to say, though she's one pro I wouldn't miss, I have to hand it to Cheryl. Maybe in the cases of Ian, Cristian, Maurice, and Gilles, the producers really didn't expect her to take them as far as she did. I don't know if I'd say she has the patience of a saint, but she has a really strong, determined work ethic. Debi said if they allowed same sex couples to dance, she'd want Cheryl because, in her words, Cheryl would have made her look "smooth" by now (kind of an insult to Maks and I'm not sure even Cheryl could have Debi looking good yet). Judging by fan sites and polls, I'm predicting Debi, Michael, Chuck, and then Tom to likely be the next 4 to go.

Breaking news, Tom will quit tonight:

Source: Tom DeLay to quit ‘Dancing’- msnbc.com

It was his time to go anyway.

I'll miss Cheryl. She is one of my favorite pros.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast