+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tom DeLay - Season 9

Re: Tom DeLay - Season 9

I for one will not watch one episode of this season not even after the scum is eliminated

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I read he requested Cheryl. These pros gotta love it when they get so popular people are making requests for them

I think the choices this season are very poor overall.
    I think the choices are somewhat okay. I'm content, but there's more I'm hoping for an early exit this time around. I'm getting signs that this season may be a disaster just from the spoilers I've heard. Tom Delay isn't the worst choice for me.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3686736;
    I for one will not watch one episode of this season not even after the scum is eliminated
    Actually, if I can suggest, if you don't like the guy it might be better to just use the facilities or grab a sandwich when he's on. He will stick around longer if his fanbase votes and no one votes for other competitors. Just vote for Anybody but Delay, and he'll go sooner rather than later.

He'll probably be the VFTW candidate this year, 100%, full steam ahead. But I don't know if I believe they make that much of a difference to make him last long. Of course there will be others voting for him just for kicks, and others voting because they like him and/or think he's a better dancer. I still don't expect him to make the half way point. The women are more confusing because aside from Mya and (hopefully) Joanna, I don't know where any of them will land. Of the men, I think Ashley, Chuck, Louie, and Tom will potentially be the early boots. Chuck and Louie, bad dancing or not, may have their respective sports core fan bases voting for them. But given their comments and initial impressions, I don't think they're going to be much in the dance department. If it wasn't for Beethoven's 2nd, being married to Shannon Dorohty, and being George's son, I wouldn't know who Ashley was. Unless he knocks his dancing out of the park, fan base wise I think he'll be the most vulnerable.

There's people/pros I'm not looking forward to seeing, but I won't not watch because of them. Even someone as arrogant and out of control on the floor as Mark and witchy like Joanna won't keep me from watching Seeing their downfall has it's perks.

There is a link on Tom's twitter to an article about him in time online (I think). It says the casting director?, Deena Katz, said they had wanted a politician for a long time, but the ones currently serving would be too busy, so they wanted someone who had the time to devote to the show and also that was well known. I think it was Conrad Green (Producer) said his first choice would have been Bill Clinton. They said they didn't care about the alleged scandals unless it involved infelity (as in John Edwards).

Ms. Katz said she contacted Tom through his book agent and when she conducted a "giggley" interview with Tom, his wife and his daughter, she reported back to Conrad Green and said "he's adorable". They said his family was very supportive and it took him about 20 minutes to say yes. Tom said he was not doing it for any other reason than for fun and the experience. He said he was not shocked that he had said yes, only shocked that he had been asked to be on DWTS.

FORT Fanatic

Bruce Hough, Derek's father, big in Utah in Republican politics tweeted like a fangirl to Delay that Derek thought he was great and he couldn't wait to me him.

I just puked.

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3694180;
    Bruce Hough, Derek's father, big in Utah in Republican politics tweeted like a fangirl to Delay that Derek thought he was great and he couldn't wait to me him.

I just puked.
    I guess I'll ask, what's wrong with that?

Ms. Katz said she contacted Tom through his book agent and when she conducted a "giggley" interview with Tom, his wife and his daughter, she reported back to Conrad Green and said "he's adorable". They said his family was very supportive and it took him about 20 minutes to say yes. Tom said he was not doing it for any other reason than for fun and the experience. He said he was not shocked that he had said yes, only shocked that he had been asked to be on DWTS.
    Over the last few seasons, I had read Bill, Dan Quail, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and Monica Lewinsky as names rumored to appear. Really, what politician will they find that doesn't have some sort of scandal linked to them? I mean, of course they're there, you just don't hear about those ones. Kind of like in Hollywood, it's always the Paris's, Britney's, and Lindsey's you read about, never the squeaky clean hard working anti-party girls.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-12-2009 at 02:41 AM.

This post is from another thread in the DWTS forum, but it bears repeating here.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3667071;
    Although we have a political figure appearing on the show this season, we do not want to host political discussions in this forum.
    If you want to discuss De Lay's political career, please head to the Current Events forum and start a thread.
    This includes making casual references to "Liberal" this or "Conservative" that.

Let's just enjoy the dancing.
    Thank you.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

It was asked if anyone had seen DeLay dancing yet.

One of the entertainment news shows had a clip of him qnd Cheryl in rehearsal some time within the past week.. He looked pretty stiff--as though his body could not yet move around the way one needs to while doing ballroom dancing.

Maybe he'll loosen up by the time the show starts.

BTW--he said he's already lost 15 lbs.

FORT Fanatic

For a 62 year old he's not bad, but he's no where good enough for me to vote for him. People say he has guts, to me Cloris Leachman set the standard in guts, and she's old enough to be his mother. Even Cheryl admits he's not the best dancer, so that in itself will take my vote elsewhere.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast