+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tom DeLay - Season 9

Re: Tom DeLay - Season 9

The reason people thought Jerry Springer was so unappealing is because when he was mayor of Cincinnati he wrote a "check" to a prostitute, the man was married and also, write a check???? OY! There were just too many thing wrong with this....but oh well, he is laughing all the way to the bank....I know for a fact he wasn't laughing then. It was in the '70's.

FORT Fan

I'm worried about injury. Cheryl could slip in his slime trail.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3674598;
    I think some are basing their opinions solely on their personal politics, not on the real person that Tom DeLay is. Is he a tough politician, h*ll yea, and I'm glad, but that doesn't make him a bad person. He has done more for unwanted and abused children than probably any other politician in D.C.. I'm not talking about those who think they do a lot for children because they have the power to dole out taxpayer dollars for some cause, I'm talking about walking the walk which Tom has. He and his wife have been in the Foster Children program a long time before he even came in to politics.

I just wish he could be given a chance before being thrown under the bus. I remember gagging when Jerry Springer came on the show and I ended up liking him very much and I thought he was really charming. You just can't tell about people until they are placed in a position outside their normal zone where we originally based our opinions. I am as guilty of doing that as anyone on here.
    I'd like to think a lot of people will not take his politics into consideration. My mom knows who he is but doesn't care enough about politics to find out which party he belonged to. No politician has clean hands, and when a scandal emerges I'm almost shocked anyone else is shocked. I don't really care one way or another how Tom does and if he does come across as decent and a good dancer I hope he's given that chance. Even though some people aren't so innocent off camera. But, popularity reigns on this show, and putting his politics aside, I think others are going to get more popular votes than Tom. Good dancer or not. But as I said, I'm somewhat looking forward to a Cheryl free season, because she'll probably be back in the semi's next year. Hopefully Derek and Mark leave early, too.

I'm also guilty of going in with a pre-conceived opinion on certains stars and of course can root against someone simply because I don't like their pro. But I'm always happy to be proven wrong. I think Warren was my biggest shocker. Knowing what I know of him on and off the football field, I was angry with the producers for pairing him with Kym after she just had a 1st boot with Penn Jillette, and figured he'd be a loud mouth obnoxious two left footed hoofer. What a shock dance and personality wise (at least on camera). He and Kym remain one of my all time favorite couples of this show.

FORT Fanatic

My problem with Tom Delay is he is using this sudden media attention as a soapbox for his political views, which are...extrordinary. Rather than sidestepping questions from the media about his views on the legitimacy of the elected President as an American Citizen to his position on Health care, he gleefully runs full bore into the fray. He did it on the interview on Hardball and in speaking with the Papparrazzi. He's talking to whomever will listen.
    That is more than annoying.

I still think Warren should have won over Brooke. He made me want to dance; she made me fall asleep.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3679243;
    My problem with Tom Delay is he is using this sudden media attention as a soapbox for his political views, which are...extrordinary. Rather than sidestepping questions from the media about his views on the legitimacy of the elected President as an American Citizen to his position on Health care, he gleefully runs full bore into the fray. He did it on the interview on Hardball and in speaking with the Papparrazzi. He's talking to whomever will listen.
    That is more than annoying.
    I don't know, I always have to weigh the situation. If he's asked, I guess he can techinically answer and not sidestep. I'm more annoyed when they go off on a rant without being asked or use a simple question to go off about something else. I haven't seen any of Tom's appearances. Since he's a former politician, I don't know, I guess I'd be more shocked if he wasn't asked and answering those questions I know sometimes the pro are thrown questions, like who they wanted as president, what they thought of the octomom scandal, what they thought of OJ, what they thought of Helio's tax evasion arrest. Of course they mostly side stepped the last one

I still think Warren should have won over Brooke. He made me want to dance; she made me fall asleep.
    I still think he did Something about those results never sat well with me. I think there's going to be more shocking results this seasons than we realize, but I'm hoping Joanna/Derek aren't one of them. I'll be more at ease when those two and Mark are gone.

I still think he did Something about those results never sat well with me. I think there's going to be more shocking results this seasons than we realize, but I'm hoping Joanna/Derek aren't one of them. I'll be more at ease when those two and Mark are gone.[/QUOTE]

Yikes. Is it possible this show could be rigged?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Ah. It's just fun that the phrase "GO AWAY, TOM DELAY" rhymes! Right?

People need to hold up signs in the DWTS audience!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3683726;
    Ah. It's just fun that the phrase "GO AWAY, TOM DELAY" rhymes! Right?

People need to hold up signs in the DWTS audience!

Because that would be classy...right?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by weary;3676850;
    I'm worried about injury. Cheryl could slip in his slime trail.
    Of all of the disgraced right wing politicians they could have found, this has to be one of the worst possible choices. I agree that this guy is scum. I don't know if I'll be able to stand watching him. I think the choices this season are very poor overall.

Re the signs, how about "Don't Delay: Go AWAY"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast