+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Natalie Coughlin - Season 9

FORT Fogey

Re: Natalie Coughlin - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by JMFan;3720865;
    Bloomers -- Aaron, Joanna and Mya will be doingt the Lambada. Any thoughts ?? LOL !
    Thoughtful - even provocative - casting?

It's a toss up between Karina and Mya. The judges should be watching Aaron, but I guarantee you if the producers allow Karina to dance the way they do in the islands, Karina will have the eyes of the judges and everyone else!!

Mya has proven that she is a fantastic dancer. My guess is that she won't hold back either as I think she wants to win, and it's for dadgum sure Dimitre (sp?) will go for it if he is allowed free liberty.

That has the potential of being one wicked dance.

I like Natalie, and I like the progress she is making. She appears to have too much of a lady-like attitude about her for what can be a very raunchy dance like the Lambada. I would much rather she have something else with which she will be more comfortable.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3720862;
    I personally can't stand the Bolero and think this will be a trainwreck of epic proportions. Its a really slowed down Rumba (IMO) and I think the Rumba should be taken out of this show. I wish they had given her something better since she's one of my favorites.
    Maybe it was you who brought up what the Bolero was, but I was trying to remember what dance it was compared to. Rumba is probably my least favorite dance, and one I wish they'd get rid of. Though Natalie gave what will probably be one of my all time favorite rumbas Monday night. I'm actually somewhat happy, maybe, that she got the bolero vs the two step. Although the judges might have more knowledge of the bolero, especially Len and Bruno since its been performed on SCD, so they might get held to a different level. The judges and pros have admitted they don't have much knowledge of these new dances.

I'm not looking forward to the 3 Lambada couples, only because I think they're going to get propped up big time by the judges.

My favorites of the night once again! I think they got shafted in their scores but I admire Natalie's determination and the respect she has in their partnership. Alec seems very happy and pleased this season. I think the judges now have an expectation that Natalie can do it and want her to give it all she's got. She said she struggled with this dance, but hopefully she can bring it next week.

And the bolero is supposed to be a slowed down rumba I've read, but they look exactly the same.

Premium Member

It is the rumba, Natalie basically did the same dance two weeks in a row , but they were both excellent.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3726313;
    It is the rumba, Natalie basically did the same dance two weeks in a row , but they were both excellent.
    You know, the dances were remarkably similar, but I liked the both.
    I just like Natalie. She is by far the sexiest Olympic champion ever on this show, an amazingly fluid dancer, and a really nice person.
    She has the most beautiful legs I've ever seen. Great smile too.
    She is also a real star - a shocker on this show.
    Ok, I have a crush on Natalie...but she earned it.

I like her and think she's a good dancer, but I haven't really warmed up to her yet. Not sure what it is, but something is off for me. Maybe it's not enough personality during the rehearsal clips or something. She seems maybe a bit too serious?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3726359;
    I like her and think she's a good dancer, but I haven't really warmed up to her yet. Not sure what it is, but something is off for me. Maybe it's not enough personality during the rehearsal clips or something. She seems maybe a bit too serious?
    It isn't that she is cold or even cool; however, she doesn't have a warm, gushy personality. To me, though, her other strengths more than make up for it.
    Bit by bit, she is coming out of her shell it appears. She reminds me of a turtle who sticks his head out just a little bit at a time.

I like this gal!
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3726401;
    It isn't that she is cold or even cool; however, she doesn't have a warm, gushy personality. To me, though, her other strengths more than make up for it.
    Bit by bit, she is coming out of her shell it appears. She reminds me of a turtle who sticks his head out just a little bit at a time.

I like this gal!
    I am with you. I have to admit, I did not know who she was before the show started, but she has really grown on me. First, I think she is beautiful. Second, I gotta agree with SDL - the legs (but also the arms and abs)! Finally, I actually like her personality. She comes across to me as very serious and determined - probably what made her so successful at the Olympics, but very humble at the same time. I just think she is a classy, beautiful, sweet, talented woman - and her dancing makes it very easy to root for her!

Something about Alec/Natalie seemed off this week They seemed to have a bit of tension and reluctance (on Natalie's part) this week during rehearsals, but I thought her performances were fantastic. Her rumba and bolero, even if I can't tell the difference, are probably my two favorite dances this season so far.

However, I hope nothing is coming between these two. They appeared to get along really well up until this week. Maybe Natalie emerging as a front runner last week made her feel even more nervous? She doesn't seem to look confident, but I could see her easily winning this competition. She's gotten quite a fan following behind her and is a great dancer who still has a lot of potential. I have to agree she's got gorgeous legs, is just down right pretty, and is probably one celeb who can pull of Edyta-wear and still look just as good. She reminds me somewhat of a less cocky Stacy Keibler.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3727286;
    Something about Alec/Natalie seemed off this week They seemed to have a bit of tension and reluctance (on Natalie's part) this week during rehearsals, but I thought her performances were fantastic. Her rumba and bolero, even if I can't tell the difference, are probably my two favorite dances this season so far.

However, I hope nothing is coming between these two. They appeared to get along really well up until this week. Maybe Natalie emerging as a front runner last week made her feel even more nervous? She doesn't seem to look confident, but I could see her easily winning this competition. She's gotten quite a fan following behind her and is a great dancer who still has a lot of potential. I have to agree she's got gorgeous legs, is just down right pretty, and is probably one celeb who can pull of Edyta-wear and still look just as good. She reminds me somewhat of a less cocky Stacy Keibler.
    My thoughts, FWIW, is that Natalie is not comfortable with the "sexy" dances - with playing that role. She is not an actress and this is now two weeks in a row that she and Alec have had to do roughly the same dance. I just think that is an awkward character for her to try to play out. Hopefully next week they get a fun dance and she can relax a little bit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast