+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mya - Season 9

FORT Fogey

Re: Mya - Season 9

Loved this duo last night!

Who is John Galt?

Gorgeous couple. Oh Dimitry, you handsome devil you. You really scored getting this partner. She is lovely and dances like a dream. The chemistry between them is great too. She is very body aware and probably had some dance training. That does bother me like it does others. I would much rather see good dancing than stumbling around by popular celebrities. But, then that is a personal preference.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I want to see good dancing vs clunkers as well. But there's a big difference between someone like Gilles and someone like Mya. Mya's taken lessons and is a choreographer. She may not have taken ballroom, but I think she's probably been one of the more experienced contestants on the show. That'd be like casting Paula Abdul. So I'm always confused why the ringers seem so shocked when they're told their dancing is good. It's why I'm glad Len is on the panel. He's the voice of reason. Personally, I loved their jive, even the beginning. And even though it seemed like Mya was giving an audition for Baz They are a very cute duo and I like Dmitry a lot so I certainly wouldn't mind seeing them win, or at the very least go very far. But he's had his turn with a great dancing partner, so hopefully next season some others get their Mya's (or Kristi's or Mario's).

And I'd really love a season where it isn't so obvious who's going to make it to the semi's. It's pretty obvious that it'll likely be Aaron, Mya, Donny, and I'm going to say Mark or Natalie. If it's a real surprise, Kelly. It'd be nice to be shocked for a change.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I don't like it that she has had so much training and experience! I'll be the whiner!!!
    It's not fair!

Had never heard of her befor the showand I have to say I am impressed with her classy attitude, etc.
    I do think the experience factor is a bit too much here, though.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3716746;
    I don't like it that she has had so much training and experience! I'll be the whiner!!!
    It's not fair!
    I'll whine with you

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3716759;
    Had never heard of her befor the showand I have to say I am impressed with her classy attitude, etc.
    I do think the experience factor is a bit too much here, though.
    That was a gorgeous costume and fabulous routine, but I can't be as thrilled with it when I think of her title being professional dancer and choreographer. That is just so different than one who dances as part of a gymnastic, skating, or singing routine.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

[Originally Posted by maude~flanders
    It's not fair!

QUOTE=CrazyDutchWoman;3717069;]I'll whine with you [/QUOTE]

Totally agree. So not fair I can't help but not feel happy for her when she does well.

It's not the fact that she has years of dance experience and training that bothers me, if the judges were judging her on a professional level then I wouldn't care as much. It's the obvious favoritism coupled with the ringerness that is driving me crazy and preventing me from enjoying her really lovely dancing.

If they continue to insist on having ringers on this show, then grade them on a steeper curve to level the playing field so it becomes more "fair."

The fact that CA didn't deduct her for a lift? That's wrong on so many levels.

Given a choice over a whole season of celebs who have zero rhythm and no ability to learn over ringers, I'd take the ringers. Just make it fair with the judging by judging them to higher standards.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3716241;
    I want to see good dancing vs clunkers as well. But there's a big difference between someone like Gilles and someone like Mya. Mya's taken lessons and is a choreographer. She may not have taken ballroom, but I think she's probably been one of the more experienced contestants on the show. That'd be like casting Paula Abdul. So I'm always confused why the ringers seem so shocked when they're told their dancing is good. It's why I'm glad Len is on the panel. He's the voice of reason. Personally, I loved their jive, even the beginning. And even though it seemed like Mya was giving an audition for Baz They are a very cute duo and I like Dmitry a lot so I certainly wouldn't mind seeing them win, or at the very least go very far. But he's had his turn with a great dancing partner, so hopefully next season some others get their Mya's (or Kristi's or Mario's).

And I'd really love a season where it isn't so obvious who's going to make it to the semi's. It's pretty obvious that it'll likely be Aaron, Mya, Donny, and I'm going to say Mark or Natalie. If it's a real surprise, Kelly. It'd be nice to be shocked for a change.
    Don't forget Joey Lawrence, Marie Osmond, and Shawn Johnson from last year. They all taken dance lessons. Gilles was still my favorite. he's so hot

+ Reply to Thread