+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Mya - Season 9

sdl

Re: Mya - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3742348;
    I kept thinking that Mya looks eerily like someone else famous. Then I realized: it's Janice from the Muppets! Anyone agree?

I find this very insulting to the Muppets.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3745026;
    I find this very insulting to the Muppets.
    For some reason, the Muppet photo made me think more of Lil Kim. Who I liked until she allowed her surrogates to campaign that DWTS was fixed 'cause she was booted off.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think Mya should be kissing Joanna's feet and paying tribute to her next week by watching some of her past dances for their rehearsal package. No way did her samba deserve a perfect 30 and Joanna's paso didn't. Joanna's paso looked more touched up than Mya's samba. I get it's two different dances, but the fact that CA had to go and nitpick something stupid when Grumpy can give them a 10. She does have a problem. Of course, maybe she's trying to get a little controversy out of this season by docking her a point for a wrong kick. It looked fine to me Anyway, back to Mya. If the show is trying to justify being all about the dancing by having her win, or make up for Shawn winning last season, or make this up to Dmitry by him getting the worst of the two replacements last season, or try and make him the new Derek, or because they just think he's so darling and will be a new eye candy-they gave him the wrong partner for that.

Her samba was fun and energetic and they got into the spirit of the 70s so I don't know what Dmitry was worried about. But Mya just has no personality. She's dull.

I just don't care for Mya, and I really don't see why she's getting all this praise. I don't think she attempts any difficult moves - and maybe that's Dimitry's choreography - but I think Joanna and Derek are head and shoulders above them. M & D are a bit boring to me, although I do think Dimitry looked cute in that 70s mustache! He looked like the quintessential 70s TV detective!

I hope Mya doesn't win this season.........don't like her at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3748025;
    I just don't care for Mya, and I really don't see why she's getting all this praise. I don't think she attempts any difficult moves - and maybe that's Dimitry's choreography - but I think Joanna and Derek are head and shoulders above them. M & D are a bit boring to me, although I do think Dimitry looked cute in that 70s mustache! He looked like the quintessential 70s TV detective!
    I agree! I don't get why Mya and Dimitry impressed the judges over Joanna and Derek's dance. Their dance was less than exciting compared to Derek's routine. It struck me that they had decided how they were voting before the show in order to manipulate the rankings. I have actually enjoyed some of Mya's dancing but I did not understand all the praise she got this week. Why didn't their perfect 30 dance get the encore dance this week?

Dimitry did look quite cute with his mustache! I am enjoying him this season.

FORT Fogey

I guess I'm firmly in the minority on this board: I love Dmitry and Mya, and look forward to seeing them dance every week. I think they're simply lovely to watch.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27;3748639;
    I guess I'm firmly in the minority on this board: I love Dmitry and Mya, and look forward to seeing them dance every week. I think they're simply lovely to watch.
    They are lovely to watch. In fact, they are fascinating to watch in the exact same manner as any two of the other pros dancing together on the show. That is exactly as it should be since Mya is a professional dancer and choreographer. As delightful as they are to watch, I don't want them to win any more than I would want Dmitry and Cheryl or Dmitry and Chelsey or Dmitry and Karina to win this contest.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3748666;
    They are lovely to watch. In fact, they are fascinating to watch in the exact same manner as any two of the other pros dancing together on the show. That is exactly as it should be since Mya is a professional dancer and choreographer. As delightful as they are to watch, I don't want them to win any more than I would want Dmitry and Cheryl or Dmitry and Chelsey or Dmitry and Karina to win this contest.
    You are so diplomatic. And so right.

+ Reply to Thread