Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Irvin - Season 9

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Michael Irvin - Season 9

Michael Irvin

PROFESSION:
    ESPN radio host and former Dallas Cowboy

BACKGROUND:
    It's like this: While Irvin was catching the pigskin for the Dallas Cowboys, the team played three Superbowls and won them all. Coincidence? No way. Regarded as one of the most successful wide receivers in the history of the NFL, this guy, known as "The Playmaker" and one of "The Triplets" alongside fellow Cowboys Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith,received the coveted Dallas Cowboys "Ring of Honor" in 2005 and in 2007 was inducted into the Professional Football Hall of Fame. We're talking serious SKILLS.

Off the field, he's been just as entertaining to watch. The former broadcaster for ESPN's NFL Countdown has appeared in various TV shows as well as co-starred in The Longest Yard with Adam Sandler and Chris Rock. Last fall, Irvin executive produced/hosted the reality TV series 4th and Long for Spike TV, in which one football hopeful was given a shot at making the Dallas Cowboys roster. Most recently, he appeared on the Hall of Fame inductions on the NFL Network and now hosts his own radio show in Dallas for ESPN Radio.

We already know he looks great in uniform and stellar in a suit. Now we can't wait to see what he looks like in sequins and Samba shoes...

ABC.com - Dancing With The Stars - Stars

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Michael Irvin - Season 9

So will he bring the NFL streak back and go the way of Emmitt, Jerry, and Warren, or be like LT?

I was kind of hoping they'd skip having an NFL player this year. Aren't there any retired basketball, baseball, or hockey players interested?

Michael likes to have fun like Warren and Emmitt. I think he will do really well. I still remember his awesome HOF speech. Go Michael! He is used to foot work from football being a wide receiver and running pass routes.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Go Michael! Bring back the Emmitt Era to DWTS! We need you. Love your smile, lets see what you can do on the dance floor!

I'm going to guess he's going to get parterned with Anna D. There's only 2 other males whose partners haven't been publicy announced (Chuck and Louie) and Louie would be too short for Anna.

I do think he'll be more fun than LT. Just about anyone would be more fun to watch than LT. I wonder what made him do the show in the first place. Anyway, Warren was a great surprise and I hope Michael does just as well. I really like our new pro, so if she gets him, I want her to do well.

Oh yeah, and I forgot Jason to the NFL streak of those who did good

Who i would really like to see on this show also is Deion Sanders another good friend of Michael Irvin. I am sure he will be in the audience and maybe he will want to do this next.lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3669929;
    Go Michael! Bring back the Emmitt Era to DWTS! We need you. Love your smile, lets see what you can do on the dance floor!
    Hi MiniDiva. I thought Michael Irvin was great last night. He can be quite the entertainer but now can he dance?
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

I agree with the judges that Anna needs to put more content into his routines. I think he might have done better with Anna, Cheryl, Kym or Karina.
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

I had very high hopes for Anna and am going to hope she learns and comes back next week swinging. She looked more nervous than Michael. Being the new kid on the block, even having seen the show before and being a professional dancer, I'm sure her first time out was still hard. I was a bit disappointed in Michael's dancing. He's got the enthusiasm, but something about him seems off to me. I guess maybe I was expecting more, but not just dance wise

Who is John Galt?

I feel sorry for Anna that she got such poor partner right out of the block. They should have given her someone a little more skilled at this type of body movement. And, he should have gotten a pro that was a better teacher. I think they were paired by height and since she is so tall, only Ashley Hamilton could have been her partner without making her look like a giant. That would have been bad for both since Ashley makes Michael look like a GOOD dancer. I like Michael though. He has a cute personality and he is very enthusiastic. He just has no dance ability.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast