+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael Irvin - Season 9

FORT Fogey

Re: Michael Irvin - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3708757;
    Hi MiniDiva. I thought Michael Irvin was great last night. He can be quite the entertainer but now can he dance?
    He has loads of personality, but I don't think he has the natural dance ability of Jerry Rice, Jason Taylor, or Emmet Smith.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I figured I'd give Michael's thread a bump since it was almost to the bottom of the second page. Anyway, I'm disappointed Michael stayed over Louie and would love to vote my heart out for him just so he doesn't end up in the dreaded dance off and two people the producers like and favor end up going home.

I know Anna has taken a lot of hits-probably deservedly so-but I think she's finally getting her groove on. Too bad it's coming too late. His paso was bad footwork but definitely his dance, and he actually looked to be somewhat improving and trying compared to past weeks. I think Louie/Chelsie had a good idea with their mindset for doing the jive, but I think Anna also had a good approach with Michael doing the samba. Now, he's on Team Samba next week for the team dances, so maybe that'll give him a little help. At any rate, he knows how to get a crowd going, and do wish he had a partner that could showcase his personality more. It looks to be bursting to get out. I like Anna but I'm betting this will be her one and only season.

And I loved Michael's comment during the clip about designing her costume: 'If I screw this up I'll have every bad word hurled at me in Russian'

As a huge Cowboys fan growing up -- who was mainly watching DWTS this season to see Michael -- I am really sad to see him go. I think he was definitely getting better as a dancer and am surprised he didn't have enough votes to stay.

I think Michael would have done much better, vote-wise, if he had done the spring version of the show since most of the football fans are watching Monday Night Football during the football season. I had to DVR it a few times to watch later b/c of that but there must be many football fans who didn't even do that but would have definitely watched to see him in the off-season.

You're the best, MI. When you were the first to leave the Cowboys out of the triplets -- due to injury -- the Cowboys were never the same without your enormous heart.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3669903;
    Michael likes to have fun like Warren and Emmitt. I think he will do really well. I still remember his awesome HOF speech. Go Michael! He is used to foot work from football being a wide receiver and running pass routes.
    I still remember his HOF speech too, MsDiva:

"Look up, get up and don't ever give up." -- Michael Irvin
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Michael was getting better and better to watch. I think the paso was his breakthrough dance, because his and Anna's confidence really seemed to shine through after that. He was entertaining and looked like he was just enjoying being there. There've been far worse dancers than him in the past, so it bugged me a little that he got raked over the coals when those people got a pass. He'll be missed, especially in a season so lackluster.

Michael was never a favorite of mine, but toward the end, he really started to make strides, which to me is what the show is about, and to that end, he started to grow on me.

I subsequently learned that he had suffered a paralyzing injury in 2000 which forced his retirement from the NFL, and also had various other injuries that continued to give him problems, yet he never drew attention to these things in effort to make excuses or draw sympathy. He just came out and worked at it. I like him better already!
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

FORT Fanatic

I was not a fan of Michael's when he entered the competition due to his off-field issues. But as I watched, I saw a man who worked hard. He improved as the weeks passed and to me, that is what the show is supposed to be about.

Not a Cowboys fan per se, but Michael at least TRIED and wasn't concerned about 9 am tee times...cough, cough, .....and he had FUN and showed it, just like Warren and Emmitt... as DWTS tells the viewers, vote for the couple you want to see dance again.. they do not tell you to vote for the best dancer... so I vote accordingly... the celeb may not be the best of the dancers, but it's the celeb I want to see come back the following week... and this season it isn't Aaron, Joanna, or Mya.... to each his or her own.....

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by duckfarts;3744026;
    Not a Cowboys fan per se, but Michael at least TRIED and wasn't concerned about 9 am tee times...cough, cough, .....and he had FUN and showed it, just like Warren and Emmitt... as DWTS tells the viewers, vote for the couple you want to see dance again.. they do not tell you to vote for the best dancer... so I vote accordingly... the celeb may not be the best of the dancers, but it's the celeb I want to see come back the following week... and this season it isn't Aaron, Joanna, or Mya.... to each his or her own.....
    ITA. One week, Michael got all of my votes. I don't know how many people know this, but he and Anna often practiced at 4 a.m. because of his Texas radio show schedule. Kudos to both Michael and Anna for that awesome dedication. Derek said Michael was one of the sweetest football players to ever appear on the show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12